The Sign of the Spitted Pig

A board for any in-character discussions that want to take place anywhere in Sanga, Capital city and merchant central of Sinya Palurin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

quillkeeper

The Sign of the Spitted Pig

Postby quillkeeper » Sun May 14, 2006 9:23 pm

*A new day dawns and the Tavern is open for business as usual.*

Sizel

Postby Sizel » Tue May 30, 2006 4:59 pm

** Blake, yawning and stretching, wanders down the stairs, orders a fairly large breakfast, and sits in a chair near the door ~ one where he can see out into the streets of Sanga. Rummaging through his bag he draws out a deck of cards and, after shuffling, begins laying them out. **

"Bet this will work. Always did at home..."

**Blake**

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue May 30, 2006 10:01 pm

**Drake moves swiftly through the city, heading in one direction but occasionally having to take a detour as a building gets in the way of his path. Several times he stops, closes his eyes to get his bearings then moves off in a slightly different direction. Eventually he comes to a part of the city he has never been to and a tavern. Looking through the window he sees Blake. He smiles and enters**

Blake, just the man. I've been looking for you

**Drake**
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Sizel

Postby Sizel » Wed May 31, 2006 8:57 am

Drake wrote: Blake, just the man. I've been looking for you

'An top o' the mornin' ta you too Drake.
What can I be doin' for you?

**Blake**

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Wed May 31, 2006 5:02 pm

**Sits down**

Sorry to bother you. Do you know anything of something called known as "the veil"?

**Drake**

Tome of Magic 6.0

Sizel

Postby Sizel » Wed May 31, 2006 5:11 pm

It's no bother at all.
I had this funny feelin that someone was lookin fa me, so I thought ta myself "There's one trick that always means someone will turn up: Just play patience an, sooner or latter, someone will say 'Ya can put the red Jack on the Black Queen', an so they will..."

So...
I don't know so much about this place.
Folk back home in Lilly used ta use "beyond the veil" as meaning "dead".
May be it's the same here?

** Blake **

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:23 am

**Looks at the cards blankly** Sorry, never played the game.

Anyway. I'd never heard of "the veil" before last week. Apparently whatever it is, it is what grants the magical protections around Pathway. The only way for us to lift these protections is to use the artifacts to destroy, disrupt or in some other way affect "the veil".

We don't know what the veil is, sugggestions so far have included: a place, an item, a person. Which pretty much includes everything. Here's the rub. The veil is protected from divination magics so we have no way of finding out about it.

However, we got round this by using divination to ask "what's the best way to find out about the veil?". The answer was to use the book. Which is why I've been looking for you.

**Drake**

Tome of Magic 6.0

Sizel

Postby Sizel » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:23 am

That's just fine.
You're more than welcome ta use the book.
All I'd ask is that you're real careful, cos there's a thing in the Hopewastes that's feeding from the strength o' all who write any questions in it. It's gettin' bigger an stronger an my worry is that such a thing can only have dangerous consequences fa the likes o' us.

Well can I see that there's a trade off between needing ta know stuff now an feedin something that will become a threat in the future. Just I ain't from around here an I don't wan' ta see things gettin' worse than they already are.

I don't know if anythin came o the talk o alliance with the Telefract, bu it seems ta me that they was already thinkin in terms o knockin down Pathway's defences. Which means they probrably already have the know how?

** Blake **

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:53 am

*A young woman comes down the stairs with Quill and parchment in Hand, she is wearing a white shall and long skirt. She goes to the barman and orders some food and drink. After she recieves it she sits down at a near by table. Doing what looks like writting another story.*

**Camina Andaross**
*Kriska Neptune Molignue, bonded and Dead*

*Zemilia Sraosha Coshwood Ancalimon, Princes Regent of the Earth Elves.*

*Lucy*

Sizel

Postby Sizel » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:06 am

Hello miss,

How are things goin'?

Got ta say I saw a whole lot o folk carryin their papers aroun an doing those puzzles an such. Seem ta be very popular an so they do!

** Blake **

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:48 am

*She looks up a little startled to have anyone to speak to her. She looks up from her writting and smiles polietly to Blake.*

"It is good I am waiting for Rath to come in with the money however I do believe that at the moment it may only be 1 Rava each of the writers get for doing the articles but I know that it is getting there. I have had a few comments mainly good. Are you up for doing another article or puzzle for say in about a months time?"

**Camina Andaross**
*Kriska Neptune Molignue, bonded and Dead*

*Zemilia Sraosha Coshwood Ancalimon, Princes Regent of the Earth Elves.*

*Lucy*

Sizel

Postby Sizel » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:34 pm

I'm very happy to do so, an so I am.
Had some fun puttin it togther, an folk seemed ta enjoy their thinkin about it too.
Nice ta be bringin a smile ta so many faces.

** Blake **

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:42 pm

*Her dinner arrives and she is happy to see the food, she tidies the papers up.*

"I really must get back to writting I have an important event to sort out. Word has it that all should get out or get killed!!! But I will soon see if this roumor is true or not"

*She smiles and starts to eat her dinner.*

**Camina Andaross**

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:37 pm

**Smiles at the newcomer and listens to the exchange** Hello there, I don't think we've met. Just like to say I'm impressed with the paper, good to see the spreadign of knowledge.

Thanks Blake, I'll try to be careful. Perhaps next time we're in a place with lots of healers? That way hopefully I'll survive the experience and I get some time to think of some questions.

As for the Telerfret, they sent a representative and offered some Troops for the Pathway expedition.

**Drake**

Tome of Magic 6.0

Sizel

Postby Sizel » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:09 am

Aye, an lots o' healers sounds wise as far as keepin you alive goes.
Thinkin on the questions with great care would be wise I'm guessin' ~ as twould seem long answers would be much more dangerous than short ones.

Good thing ta hear the Telefract are wantin ta help, but could be a worry too. Seems ta me that some sharin o what knowledge they may have would be a fairly decant sign o good faith?

Come ta that there's an elf around who was servin in the army, but has now moved out. He was travellin with us. May be worth askin him if he is knowin anything about The Veil an such?

** Blake **

Return to “Sanga”