The Sign of the Spitted Pig

A board for any in-character discussions that want to take place anywhere in Sanga, Capital city and merchant central of Sinya Palurin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Aurea

Postby Aurea » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:00 pm

Briar enters the tavern and stands just inside the doorway, her eyes adjusting to the light. She sweeps the tavern for familiar faces, and stops when she sees Drake, with a slight flicker of recognition.
She looks down for a couple of seconds as if contemplating something. Then she looks up, a smile in a face that has an almost vulnerable air to it.

She walks over to their table.
“Hello, my name’s Briar, I believe we met very briefly on the night of the water elf’s birthday…”
She pauses, her fingers casually tracing the back of a vacant chair
“Do you mind if I join you?”
DRAGONS!!!

"Burundi? ...Isn't that some kind of drink?"
"Just remember two things while you're out there - don't get shot and avoid machetes... then you'll be fine"

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:39 pm

**Looks at her and smiles**

Please be my guest. Yes we did meet. I was scaring the rabbit and he was trying anything to put me off.

How have you been?

**Drake**
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Aurea

Postby Aurea » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:28 pm

Briar shrugs, and slides herself into the chair.
“Good days, bad days… you know what life’s like!”
She makes eye contact with a smile, and then slides her gaze down to the table top.
“Actually, at the moment I feel like I’m stuck in limbo. I don’t know how to describe it… a crossroads perhaps? But one which seems to have huge locked gates on each path...”

She shakes her head back to the present and flashes a wicked grin.
“Enough about me… are you still chasing the rabbit? Or have you given up on that little quest?”
DRAGONS!!!

"Just remember two things while you're out there - don't get shot and avoid machetes... then you'll be fine"

bauldin

Postby bauldin » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:24 pm

There is a loud crash, as the door is almost knocked off its hinges, and in enters a fur clad, gentlemen, he has a red scaly face and hands and there is an axe over his right shoulder (for those of you who know him it is Yaholo)
He walks in closes the door with another crash
Seeing some of the people looking at him

Sorry for noise
He heads over to the bar, and speaks to the barman, who is looking slightly scared when he talks it is slowly like he is having to think about every word

Me have barrel of Ale please, also can you bring me a large piece of meat me go an sit down now

**Yaholo**
I am the oldest man in the system being over 7000 years
I am Sharon's Granddad
Edd's great granddad
I am also Alice's great great granddad

If you too want to look this good at my age call me

And this isn't even my character

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:35 pm

**Looks up at the noise, then back to Briar**

The rabbit? No. I find things humorous for a while but get bored quickly. I entertained myself and others that's enough for me.

I'm interested in your crossroads though.

**Drake**

Tome of Magic 6.0

Aurea

Postby Aurea » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:46 pm

Briar jumps violently at the crash of the door and jerks round in her seat, her body poised to push herself out of the chair and flee. She visibly relaxes when she catches sight of the newcomer, and slowly settles herself back down into the chair. She scrutinizes the reddish man closely, her gaze taking in every detail of his face, clothing and manner.
Satisfied, she turns back to Drake, oblivious to the newcomer once more.

“My crossroads…?” she gives a bitter half twisted smile.
“I don’t want to bore you with my paranoid problems”

She glances nervously back at the door once more then focuses her attention on the table, tracing the wood grain patterns with her finger. Her eyes subtly watching Drake through her lashes, searching for his reaction.

[OOC - read surface thoughts]
DRAGONS!!!

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:54 pm

**As Drake watches Briar's hand carressing the wood of the table, several thoughts go through his mind many not suitable for a young audience. Trying to bury such feelings as deeply as possible, he keeps repeating to himself: "be cool, play down the Moss thing"**

**He looks up from her hand to see she's watching him and he flushes slightly** Is it hot in here? If you don't want to tell me anything, you don't have to. But if there's anything I can do for you, just let me know.

**Drake**

Tome of Magic 6.0

Aurea

Postby Aurea » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:25 pm

A small smirk flickers briefly across her lips, hastily controlled.
“You’re right; it is quite hot in here”
Her fingers fly from the table top to the opening of her blouse, and she casually unfastens another button. She then rests her elbows on the table and leans forward, cupping her chin in her hands.

“To be honest, I don’t think there is a lot you can do.
I’ve recently… “escaped” I suppose you could say… from a man who has far too much control over me, over my life… over everything.
I should be ecstatic… but I’m scared.
…I’ve tried to break free before… and it’s always ended the same way. He always catches me… or one of his henchmen he sends out to do his dirty work.
I always end up back in the same place… but in much greater pain as he “teaches me a lesson”.”

She sighs and closes her eyes.

“But I don’t want to be on my own at the moment… That’s one way you can help me. I want companionship; stop me from dwelling on the injuries he’s caused me in the past, and the fear of what he’ll do when he catches me this time. Stop me from panicking every time someone enters the door.”

She pauses for a second, as if contemplating whether or not to say something else.
“Money… is also an issue, but I don’t like to beg or borrow.”
She opens her eyes slowly, making direct and suggestive eye contact.
“I earn it…”

**Briar**
DRAGONS!!!

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:19 pm

**Drake looks down briefly, then back up at her eyes. Occasionally his gaze drifts downwards again**

So...was this a bad relationship, or were you working for this man? Companionship I can provide, I'll try my best to stop anyone making you do anything you don't want to do.

As for money...I'm not rich, but I occasionally hire people. What...skills do you have?

**Drake**

Tome of Magic 6.0

Aurea

Postby Aurea » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:28 pm

"My mother died when I was a child, leaving me in his care. She believed he would take care of me..."
Briar's face darkened.
"He has probably abused me in every way you can imagine since then... but refuses to let me go. I did work for him, I had no choice... my body can only cope with a certain level of pain"

She slips the blouse down off one shoulder and examines the fading bruises hidden underneath.
"Last lot nearly gone now"
She replaces the blouse and turns back to Drake.

"As for my skills..." she smiles, "depends what you're willing to pay for...
On a purely practical level, I need to eat and have a roof over my head for the next couple of weeks..."

She glances around the tavern to check no one else is listening, leans across the table towards him, and lowers her voice discreetly.
"5 rava for the night... price negotiatable... I'll do anything you want... no strings/attachements... and if you say no, this part of the conversation is forgotten forever. What do you say? "

**Briar**
DRAGONS!!!

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:46 pm

**Looks at her shoulder and listens intently to what she has to say. At the end his eyes glaze very slightly then he shakes his head as if to clear the image then he reaches inside his shirt pocket and pulls out a small blue 5 rava note and hands it to her**

Here, take it, I don't need it.

But I'm not going to take advantage of you. Don't get me wrong, you're very attractive and there's a part of me that's saying "are you crazy, she said anything, however I think you've suffered a lot recently...and not so recently. I don't want to add to your pain and you're worth more than 5 rava.

However, don't take this as a "no" as I don't want the offer forgotten forever. Just because my self-control is strong tonight and my moral compass pointing the right way, doesn't mean I won't kick myself in the future

**He smiles again, still trying to lose certain images from his mind. He fails.**

**Drake**

Tome of Magic 6.0

Aurea

Postby Aurea » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:39 pm

Briar reaches out and takes the offered note.
"Thank you... I really appreciate this."
She smiles with genuine warmth for possibly the first time.

"The offer will probably still stand at any other time... you know where to find me... My one request is that you'll keep this discreet. I don't really want everyone around here to know everything about my sordid past just yet!"

**Briar**
DRAGONS!!!

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:53 pm

We all have things we'd rather people not know. You can trust me.

**Drake**

Tome of Magic 6.0

Aurea

Postby Aurea » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:13 pm

"Thank you"
Briar glances casually around the tavern, her fingers absent mindedly refastening the top button on her blouse. A show of modesty fastened firmly back in place.
"So... your turn to talk. You've heard enough about me."
she pauses for a second, head tilted to one side as she contemplates a question.
"If you could change one thing in your life, what would it be?"
DRAGONS!!!

bauldin

Postby bauldin » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:23 pm

From the corner where Yaholo is sitting, there is slight crash as he throws the empty barrel, he sticks his arm in the air and shouts, still saying things slowly like he is thinking

Oh give me more barrel

a few minutes later the barman comes over rolling a barrel and stand it upright next to Yaholo who picks it up and puts his fist through the top smashing the wood, and starts drinking again, then realising something he grabs the barman just before he leaves

Where my meat?

To which the answer appears cause another couple of gentlemen walk over and deposit a large plate in front of him on it is a wild boar, he lets go of the barman and starts to eat nosierly

**Yaholo**
I am the oldest man in the system being over 7000 years
I am Sharon's Granddad
Edd's great granddad
I am also Alice's great great granddad

If you too want to look this good at my age call me

And this isn't even my character

Return to “Sanga”