The Sign of the Spitted Pig

A board for any in-character discussions that want to take place anywhere in Sanga, Capital city and merchant central of Sinya Palurin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

bauldin

Postby bauldin » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:12 am

Kerrigan heads in and looks around he spots Blake and heads over to his table

Mind if I join you?

**Kerrigan**
I am the oldest man in the system being over 7000 years
I am Sharon's Granddad
Edd's great granddad
I am also Alice's great great granddad

If you too want to look this good at my age call me

And this isn't even my character

Sizel

Postby Sizel » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:27 am

O' course not Kerrigan, you're more then welcome an so you are.
How are things goin' ?

Anythin' I can be doin' ta help with preperations an so on?

** Blake **

bauldin

Postby bauldin » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:33 am

Thanks Blake
Kerrigan pulls out a chair and sits down

Things are going ok, by the way here is a consice form of the information I have gathered about the Veil

Kerrigan reaches into his pocket and brings out a piece of paper which on it says
The protections around the Veil are dropped on 28th day of Julinus 156, between the 17th and 22nd hours will be dropped slightly, this is when the heroes with the artefacts, must assault the veil. But there are still elite Fire elf guards to deal with along with there commander on who we have no information on.

The source of power is Prophecies which must be destroyed/ turned off. If anyone tries to keep them within there head then they will lose the mind / go insane and possibly die. They might be able to be turned back on this is a possibility which needs to be explored. The power source must either be destroyed or under our control before the window ends or everyone within the veil and outside it will be killed

Well there are some things you could help me with, some divination magics and some teaching of spells,

Also are you going to be helping us to assult Veil?

**Kerrigan**
I am Sharon's Granddad
Edd's great granddad

Sizel

Postby Sizel » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:10 pm

Now, ya see, the thing about the Prophecies bein turned off is what I don't get.
When we was askin stuff I'm sure we was told that tryin ta copy out the things was meaning that they were still exisitin?
If so, an destroying them is what will take down the magical defenses along Pathway, then how can we kinda turn them on an off?

Maybe it will be somethin that we'll have ta discover once we get their, but I'm the kinda coward who like ta be prepared an so I am.

About all I've been able ta come up with is some kinda idea for magical shenanigans. Like a spell that can put them back together after they have been torn up, or a spell that makes them go away for a while, popping back inta existance latter on.
Ever heard o magic that could do somethin like that?
Or o a person who might be able ta work out a spell ta do it?

I'm happy ta try ta use divination magic.
But I know you were told that Pathway couldn't be found out about, so I'm guessin' that's out.

I've been planin on commin along ta see the whole attack that's bein talked of.
I'm thinkin that it's all goin ta go quite wrong fa us good guys though.

** Blake **

bauldin

Postby bauldin » Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:14 pm

The divinatation magics are, not directly related to Pathway, they are related to the book and to Rift Edge.

Because After Pathway I intend to lead a group of people into the Hopewastes and hopefully destroy whatever we where giving more power to and also retreive some enough rift edge to make into weapons.

The prophecies thing was very strange I didn't get so I wrote down as much as I could,
also Kerrigan leans in and says very quietly
I intend to retrieve the book in about a week, and take it elsewhere then bring it to pathway hopefully under control, but if I am not at Pathway it is cause I am dead but hopefully won't happen

Kerrigan sits back normally in his chair and smiles

Does that sound ok?

**Kerrigan**
I am Sharon's Granddad
Edd's great granddad

Sizel

Postby Sizel » Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:33 pm

Sounds like something of a plan.

From what I can remember o bein in ta Hope Wastes there were some folk who were miners. Now these fellas looked just like normal, livin folk, but who knows with that place...
They was minin this Rift Edge and Grave Nail both.
They said that they didn't know what happened to the stuff that they minned, that it just "went away".
Didn't know who took it, who they was workin for, or e'en why they was workin
Heck, they didn't even seem ta be gettin paid or fed or anythin come ta that.

I see what your sayin about the book, but I'm not so sure it's a good plan.
When I used divination magic ta see if the book could be made safe ta carry around the answers were fairly adamant that it couldn't be done.
There were only two ways to make it safe
Bind it within a ritual circle.
Go inta the Hope Wastes an give the demon that's on the other end a bit of a shoein.

Now it may be that time will weaken things, an the demon at the other end will grow weary without bein fed. But I'm not so sure.

Frankly, given the fact that all the wardin's round the Fortress o' t' Veil are goin down anyway, I'm not so sure we'll need it.
Be useful ta have, yes.
But only if we can be fairly sure it ain't gonna try ta kill us all.
Not cos I don't think we can deal with it, but just cos I'm thinkin we won't be needin the distraction.

Then too there are many fellas that were quite miffed about the book in the first place. Havin it there may lead ta all kinds o things kicking off again, an I'm not sure we'll be wantin that afta it so nearly came ta blows last time.
I thought I was goin ta have ta fight that knight, an I didn't want ta be doin that I don't mind sayin.

I think we're goin ta have a whole heap o trouble with gettin everyone who does turn up all pointed in the same direction.
Any kinda thing that will lead ta us havin trouble wi' each other is just not a good thing an so it's not.

In fact, given just how bad things were last time out, I'm worried that the army that's waitin for us will be enough ta hand us our heads, quite frankly. Too many small groups that were not talkin ta each other really...
But then that's the mercinary way.

** Blake **

bauldin

Postby bauldin » Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:48 pm

The Hopewastes idea, I will leave till after Pathway, I just am hoping that you will be able to join me as you have more experience in the hopewastes than I do.

On the Book it needs to be moved and I would rather do it before we all leave for Pathway. but I am thinking that you are right I will not bring it to Pathway, but will hide it somewhere far away where hopefully no one will find it.

Kerrigan looks around and slouches in his chair

Would you be interested in teaching each other the spells that we have, so our repitoire can expand

**Kerrigan**
I am Sharon's Granddad
Edd's great granddad

Sizel

Postby Sizel » Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:57 pm

Got ta say, not so keen on goin back to the world full o dead people.
That said ma always harped on abou takin responsibility fa a person's own deeds an I'm thinkin that at least some o the blame for givin this demon enough power ta wake up is layin squarely on my shoulders.
So I'm think I'm doin ta need ta see this one through.

Hidin the book seems sensible.
I'd guess the best way o doin it would be ta get a small group o folks ready. Someone teleports it right outa it's current ritual circle slap bain inta another one real quick.

I'm certainly happy ta try for some spell sharin, but I'm thinkin that I probrably havn't seen anywhere near as much magic as you have.
After all I've only really been out for two hires as a mercinary since arrivin in this weird land...

Hmm...
I don't really know what plans are bein made fa the assult on Pathway, but I'm hopin some are.
I'm hopin too that some thought is bein given ta actually organisin the folks who are goin ta attack The Veil fortress.
Not that it's likely ta do much good mind you.

** Blake **

bauldin

Postby bauldin » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:10 pm

Doing that with the book would take some doing I am hoping to rope in at least one person other person who I can trust, but I have to be this end to break the ritual circle, and I would like to be the other end to make sure that the ritual circle is sorted out properly.

With the assult of Pathway I will be leading people to the Veil but once there I am hoping that someone else takes over to lead the fighting cause that is not my strong point

All in all I am quite worried about Pathway, I am doing my best to distribute information to the people who need, but I am not sure it is getting everywhere

**Kerrigan**
I am Sharon's Granddad
Edd's great granddad

Sizel

Postby Sizel » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:23 am

I think you are doin' a fairly good job o talkin ta folk, but I got ta say I'm also thinkin that you will find folk who complain no matter what efforts you make. Not that I'm sayin it's not worth tryin mind, cos that's not so, but rather that you shouldn't expect too much o folk.

Not payin any heed an then chargin off half informed is the mercinary way an so it is.

As ta leadin'... Well...
I kinda hate ta admit it but I just don't know enough o the folks from around here ta know who could do it.
That fella who was around last time out, Drake's mate, seemed like he could do it if he wanted ta. But at the same time he didn't seem keen on leadin, an most folk didn't seem so keen on bein lead either.
Traveller seems ta know stuff, but not so good at actually organisin folk inta doin stuff.
O the folk that were in the Hope Watses no one really seemed ta be able ta do anythin ta get folk ta pay heed, which is kinda why I ended up bein Mister Shouty. If I hadn't a whole load o folk would ha been left behind an so they would.

If a bunch o folk from Lilley were doin this we'd form companies.
Probrably 3 or 4 with 6 ta 8 folk in each.
Ya'd get your veteran champion types in one group.
Ya folk who hadn't done any work before in a another
And the other group or two would be people in between.

We'd then do a bit o juggling ta make sure each group had some folk ta fight, some healers and all that.

Each group would have a Mister Shouty ta point them in the right direction and a Mister Thinky ta pay attention ta stuff an write down things.

We'd then have a Chief Shouty bloke for when everyone needs a bit o pushin in directions an a Chief Thinky bloke ta keep track o what anyone has found out an ta pass it back out ta make sure everyone knows.

What tends ta happen is that before we all get tagether there's a list o folk who are thinkin o goin, so folk can be sorta grouped up a bit in advance.
Then some folk decide not ta come an some others just kina turn up on their own, an things get shuffled around a bit an eventually folk are kinda happy about which group they are in an off we go.

But then I've no idea how you folks do things round here.

** Blake **

bauldin

Postby bauldin » Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:55 pm

I like that idea of companies but it relies on everyone trusting each other which if you haven't noticed is always the case.

Unfortuantly we are brought together by circumstances rather than by choice so there are half alliances so that we don't kill each other all the time, but I don't know tis difficult.

Anyway I believe you could teach me stone wall, and I would be more than happy to teach you quite a few different spells in return.

**Kerrigan**
I am Sharon's Granddad
Edd's great granddad

Sizel

Postby Sizel » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:31 am

Oh, absolutely.
Back in Lilley you knew you could trust the other folks.
I'm jut havin a whole heap o trouble gettin used ta the fact that things are so very different here.

But hey, if we end up wi a whole heap o folks who are out for themselves we'll just end up w a whole heap o dead folks too...

I'm more than happy ta rustle up a stone wall spell an ya can spend some time lookin at it an seein how it's done.
Here ya go...

"My Lord on high enthroned in light
Lend me thy aid, send me thy might
From high upon thy glorious throne
Craft for me a Wall of Stone"

** Blake **

bauldin

Postby bauldin » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:50 pm

As the Blake starts encanting Kerrigan closes his eyes and just feels the magic flow to create stone wall, when it has appears he goes over an examines it pulling his hands over it to feel it and looking at it.

I really like that it is impressive, magic can used to create so much moulding it into a rock wall.

Are there any spells you would like to learn?
I would be happy to teach you almost any spell.

**Kerrigan**
I am Sharon's Granddad
Edd's great granddad

Sizel

Postby Sizel » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:19 am

Kerrigan wrote:Are there any spells you would like to learn?
I would be happy to teach you almost any spell.

Well, I'd probrably quite like to learn to throw the Alchemy spell at a distance. Mainly because a whole lot o the bad guys seem ta carry weapons that can not be broken by magic, and I'm thinkin that it's a sneaky way around that issue. Because the Alchemy spell doesn't break a thing, it just changes what it's made of. Turning a steel sword inta one made o water will leave it not much good in a fight so...

I wasn't able to help Traveller last time out because his back had been broken. So I'm thinkin that learning the spell to heal a broken bone would be a great help ta those around me.

I think spells for seein in the Dark or in a Fog would be great.

I like the thought o bein able ta use magic ta travel from one place ta another.

Then too bindin magic ta a sword so that I (or, preferably, someone else)can hit things that can only be hurt by magic... That would be good too.

**Blake**
Last edited by Sizel on Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

bauldin

Postby bauldin » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:49 am

Right well I would be happy to teach you how to move under magic, or teach you how to mend a broken bone, the first one I could I can show you now the second one is more tricky because it should require a broken bone, so I am not sure what would happen if I didn't have one to cast it on.

Binding magic to a sword I am still trying to learn those myself, and Alchemy I need to perfect myself before I am happy to teach it.

But here you go
I call forth the powers of air to surround me,
To transport me to my destination,
I say Shift

As the last words are spoken Kerrigan disappears and abotu 30 seconds later is seen walking back into the Tarven

There you go make what you like of it

**Kerrigan**
I am Sharon's Granddad
Edd's great granddad

Return to “Sanga”