In the marketplace...

A board for any in-character discussions that want to take place anywhere in Sanga, Capital city and merchant central of Sinya Palurin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

bedevere

In the marketplace...

Postby bedevere » Mon May 22, 2006 6:47 pm

*Vorian is wandering through the markets, no longer wearing his cloak. Many people are watching him carefully, but no longer does he feel the need to watch his back at every moment.

After a few minutes, he finds the merchant he is looking for, and exchanges a few words. Apparently not overly happy with the reply he is given, he shakes his head, and walks off*
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Mon May 22, 2006 6:52 pm

*Lucy is out in the market buying a few items for the house and goes to speak with a person selling tea. After a breif discussion she buys enough to for all the people in the house. She turns her back and a few of the containers float upwards into the air. All flustered she tries to reach them but they are just out of her reach. A comotion starts as the stall owner calls out*

**Lucy**

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Mon May 22, 2006 6:56 pm

*Someone in the crowd gestures and the containers fall to the ground but strangely do not scatter. The Traveller carries on looking through the wares of the stall he is at.*

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Mon May 22, 2006 6:58 pm

*As the commotion starts Lucy runs away but bumps right into Vorian and lands on the ground.*

**Lucy**

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Mon May 22, 2006 6:58 pm

*Vorian barely looks surprised by all this*

Pardon me, miss. Let me help you up.

*offers her his hand, then speaks to the Traveller*

Good afternoon. I know I ask this a lot, but any idea what is going on here?
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Mon May 22, 2006 7:05 pm

*Turns to Vorian*

"Good day to you Vorian, I am shopping for a gift to give my Ontorno on our annerversary. I noticed a flare of untrained magic and then I saw the containers rise, so that the merchant did not loose his wears I mearly dispelled it. The flare of magic came from this young lady."

*Looks down at Lucy.*

"Lucy?"

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Mon May 22, 2006 7:07 pm

*Lucy takes the offered hand and stands up. She is looking rather embarased and red in the face. Looks at Vorian*

"Sorry about that sir."

*Still looking at Vorian she speaks to Traveller*

"I am sorry Mr Traveller I am sorry about your office. Things just keep happening!"

**Lucy**

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Mon May 22, 2006 7:10 pm

*When the traveller mentions untrained magic, Vorian flinches slightly.
Once Lucy is back to her feet, he politely releases her hand*

Hmm. Untrained magic can be dangerous. I assume you are being taught by the Traveller? From what I've seen, he is a capable person to learn from. How are your lessons progressing, then?

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Mon May 22, 2006 7:12 pm

*A rather odd expressiong crosses Lucy's face.*

"Lessons?"

**Lucy**

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Mon May 22, 2006 7:20 pm

*Blinks twice in Lucy's direction as if shocked then regains his composure.*

"I only just discovered that Lucy can actually use magic."

*Looks around at the crowd that seems to be growing restless and looking in the direction of the trio.*

"I think it would be best if we moved along this scene might turn ugly."

*Puts his arm around Lucy and starts to walk towards the outside of the market, whispers in her ear.*

"I think it best if you dissappeared, I will make that literal but you must stay behind me."

*With that he starts to incant forcing his way through restless people, 10 seconds later Lucy dissappears. Traveller turns to Vorian.*

"Shall we head to a pub?"

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Mon May 22, 2006 7:21 pm

Certainly. Though I speak from experience when I say that untrained casters are not a safe thing to be around in the long run. I learned much in my time, and how to avoid random surges of magic was one.

Back to the Graceful Elf, then?

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Mon May 22, 2006 7:26 pm

*Lucy follows looking down at her feet and almost bumping into Traveller in the process.*

**Lucy**

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Mon May 22, 2006 7:29 pm

"I was thinking of somewhere a little quieter. Would you care to follow me?"

*Leads Vorian and the invisible Lucy out of the market and into the Eastern regions of the city. The spell on Lucy remaining in effect just long enough for them to clear the market and enter one of the side streets. After a while walking they reach the Wrinkled Wench.*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Mon May 22, 2006 7:40 pm

*As the group enters the tavern, few people react to the traveller, or Lucy. However, the High elf, stranger to them, is a different matter.
One of the more rowdy patrons approaches him, and looks like he might be about to start a fight, at which Vorian sighs*

Look. I'm just here for a drink, OK? I'm with someone that I'm told has the respect of almost everyone in this city. He is not treating me like an enemy, simply because of my race. I was taught all humans were my enemy, but I am sufficiently past such lies to come here openly.

*Vorians words seem to do little to calm the man down, but a few of his friends restrain him, and bundle him out the door before he can do anything*

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Mon May 22, 2006 7:49 pm

*Looks quietly impressed as he leads them to a table. Once the three have sat the owners Ontorno, for which the Tavern is named comes up and inquires what they will be drinking. Traveller looks up*

"A tankard of your finest and what ever the others are drinking."

Return to “Sanga”