In the marketplace...

A board for any in-character discussions that want to take place anywhere in Sanga, Capital city and merchant central of Sinya Palurin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Wed May 24, 2006 11:00 pm

*Vorian blinks*

Er... Who said anything about my sister?
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Wed May 24, 2006 11:01 pm

*Lucy Blinks*

"You did, didn't you?"

**Lucy**

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Wed May 24, 2006 11:02 pm

Er... No. I was thinking of her, though...

I'd prefer you didnt mention to anyone about my sister. It might put her in danger, from any number of people.
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Wed May 24, 2006 11:05 pm

*shrugs*

"So you are missing her and you are worried about where she might be. That is understandable especially if she is younger than you? Am I correct? Do not worry I will not tell anyone unless I bump into a high elf woman or girl?"

*She watches carefully for the reactions.*

**lucy**

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Wed May 24, 2006 11:09 pm

As I said, I'd prefer you did not tell anyone at all that my sister is around. I'd prefer to be able to keep her safe, and there are people that might use her as a means to control me, or simply harm her to spite me. By not having anyone even know that I have a sister, it keeps her safer for now. Should I encounter her again myself, of course, things will change quickly.

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Wed May 24, 2006 11:13 pm

*She looks proud*

"As a mother of seven I promise that I will not tell anyone. However please, Mr Traveller is a trusting man if you are afraid that something might come to harm her I surgest that you speak with him. I also believe that young Kriska knows a few high Elves as well perhaps telling her, she is to help the innocence even though she is innocent herself."

**Lucy**

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Wed May 24, 2006 11:18 pm

No offense to the Traveller, but as I said, I prefer to tell nobody. not because of an issue of trust, but more an issue of common sense. Several people share the Travellers home, and any one might overhear a few words. They might not know the significance, and speak to someone else about it. A visitor might hear something, and do the same. Before long, half the city knows, resulting in my secret being lost, and her safety at risk.

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Wed May 24, 2006 11:20 pm

*Nods*

"You have my promise. Right now lets see what else we could talk about or do you think that we should head back to shopping I need to get more supplies for the Travellers house would you care to join me?"

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Wed May 24, 2006 11:21 pm

Certainly. I am happy to help in any way I can.

If you wish, you could tell me of your family...

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Wed May 24, 2006 11:29 pm

*She stands and leads the way out of the door.*

"My family *(Laughs)* is a little complicated I have 7 children 5 of them by one father and the other two by other fathers. I had to have them because I had to go into a busness of entertaining people when my husband left me and never came back. I have heard rumors that he has died in a war or some kind of fight. The youngest is only 18 months old and the eldest pair are 13 years old. I say pair because they are twins."

**Lucy**

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Wed May 24, 2006 11:33 pm

Quite a life, given your humble background, I'd imagine. However, one thing I have learned of humans already is that your incredible diversity is your main strength. You seem able to adapt to hardships in unexpected ways.

This is why I think Erathils war is doomed to fail, eventually. Though I doubt that will be soon, even by Elven standards.

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Wed May 24, 2006 11:39 pm

*Lucy leads her way back into the market*

"The war against Erathil, I only know what has been mentioned today by you and Traveller. As for my background being simple I have never known any other way of life until the last couple of months."

*She heads over to stall with freash fruit and veg on it and asks to buy a few of each item there.*

**Lucy**

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Wed May 24, 2006 11:45 pm

The war. It's been going on for so long, that for many, it is simply how things have always been.

I must admit, I wonder what true peace would be like. I've lived away from the war for a time, but I always knew that there was conflict, however far away.

Still. Things will sort themselves out in time, left to those skilled in such matters. I am confident that many of your friends have the potential to lead a successful campaign. I am just worried that the costs will be higher than they realise.

Gumboots
More posts than Nikki

Postby Gumboots » Wed May 24, 2006 11:51 pm

*Looks pittingly at Vorian while handing him a bag full of groceries.*

"That is a shame I have been living in the woods with my family for so long that no one really came to see me. It was bad but I survived with my husband going off to work but when he died I was stuck with not knowing how to get income. All I know I can do is cook a really good soup."

*She heads over to another stall with strange herbs on the table. She then haggels with the stall owner.*

**Lucy**

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Wed May 24, 2006 11:53 pm

Have you considered working as a cook? I know you are working as Travellers maid at the moment, but if he is to leave for a time, you will no doubt have less to do. Perhaps use his kitchen to make food, and sell what you make to those who have no cooking skills of their own.

Return to “Sanga”