**A Innocent Graceful Elf**

A board for any in-character discussions that want to take place anywhere in Sanga, Capital city and merchant central of Sinya Palurin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:51 pm

She chose to take part, she didn't have to. She didn't seem to care and it felt very hypocritcal after how she reacted to Uthred earlier on in the day. It felt to all of us sitting around that pyre that there was a different feeling when Elves were killed that when humans died.

As for the Earth Elves? I doubt every Winter, High, Fire or Shadow elf knows the truth of this war. Yet we still fight them. The point is, we are on one side and they are on the other. I tried to trust three of them who swore fealty to one of our number, however one proceeded to then con me out of 10 rava. Besides, it was your wife who offered a bunty on Earth Elf heads, perhaps you should speak with her?

I'm sorry, but the excuse "we were just following orders" does not excuse the atrocities commited by individuals.

**Drake**
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Sproglet

Postby Sproglet » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:53 pm

'Look, we were running low on supplies, the last Earth Elf we had tried to talk to had tried to kill us and escape, why would that one be any different, she knows an Earth Elf that isn't answering to the Princess, I cannot remember his name but he was there in the evening at the Tavern........'

'Kriska's people may not be but mine and yours are Traveller, WAKE UP and take a look at whats going on around us... we are fighting for are very survival, taking the 'middle of the road' approach will end with us still being at their mercy.... get real we need to fight back and stop believeing that we can solve all our problems with talk.'

'I am very sorry if the Earth Elves have been manipulated and tricked into taking their current path but that does not change the fact that they will kill us on site without remorse or conscience.'
"You have my mace" "And my hammer" "And my magic"...
"And my pillaging shovel, and my bear arms, and my fork of truth"......
"But not my kidney hat, it's made of real kidneys"

QueenFaerie

Postby QueenFaerie » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:56 pm

It's too late for us to try to start reasoning with people.

They made it pretty clear - except for whatsit, your pet Earth Elf, errr Threan or something - they weren't going to play nice with us. And I dislike Earth Elves at the best of times. Their race and mine don't get on. But they started it.

And unfortunately, a bit small childish it may be, but we're the one's who are going to have to finish it.

Estan
Betray me once, I'll be on my guard... betray me twice... Wait, I'll just have shot you at the first betrayal.

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:57 pm

"And have the commited any? How many Earth Elves have you seen pioir to that day? I only know of one, Threan. Since you are on the subject, we are not wholly innocent, how many have we killed between us? I do not enjoy it, but if it is a a case of us or them the I choose us, and I am sure it is the same for them. Did you offer any of the "enemy" any quarter, a chance to surrender?"

*To Uthred*

"Do not presume they will not regret their acts, you do not know their minds."
Last edited by quillkeeper on Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:00 pm

How many earth elves? How many High Elves had you seen before the first attacked you? How many Fire Elves or Winter Elves or Shadow Elves? The earth elves attacked us. They threw fire and earth magic at us and though I stood there and took wahrt they threw at me and tried to talk they simply attacked me. They petrified Sir Goran, without Estan he might still be a statue. When cornered they refused to speak and simply disappeared into the earth.

**Drake**

Tome of Magic 6.0

Mr Bunnsy

Postby Mr Bunnsy » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:04 pm

The captain started to wander back towards the remains of the tavern, hoping to retrieve his coat, as he wasn't quite ready to head back to the ship to get a new one. There'd be all kind of questions to answer. Questions like "where's your coat gone?" and "where did you go last night?" and "is that lipstick on your collar?". Far too many questions.

Leopold stopped as he saw the group of people congregated and, drawing his shoulders back, walked up to the group. The birdman didn't really recognise any of them, but, half the fun of travel was mingling with the locals.

"Lots of raised voices around here, eh?"
"Whoops."

QueenFaerie

Postby QueenFaerie » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:07 pm

Captain Van Hire!

How's you today?

Welcome to the argument party.

Estan
Betray me once, I'll be on my guard... betray me twice... Wait, I'll just have shot you at the first betrayal.

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:10 pm

*Ignoring the newcomer.*

"As I am sure you would if you had the ability to do so and were in their shoes. What would be your reaction if people you were fighting along side were all killed by a superior force of arms? Use what ever ability you have to hide and hope they leave so that you can preserve your life? How many people that face us in hostilities get offered quarter?"

Mr Bunnsy

Postby Mr Bunnsy » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:10 pm

"I was just here to get my coat," the captain points at the sleeping water elf with one hand, "though I could probably stay for a party. My chest hurts a bit from all the theology last night though."

The birdman looks at the man who's talking and, raising one eyebrow, says nothing. Much better to see where this argument is going before choosing a side, after all.
"Whoops."

QueenFaerie

Postby QueenFaerie » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:16 pm

Frankly, Traveller, I'd rather go down fighting than hide like a coward while the armies rolled past me.

And as for superior armies...

What the hell do you call our attempt on Pathway? We're hideously outnumbered and we're hideously underpowered and frankly, the whole thought of dying makes me feel sick. But I know that I'd rather die taking Pathway than hide like a coward while everyone else went and did it in my place.

So stuff your moral high ground, Traveller, not that it's particularly moral nor high, get over the wimpy idea that maybe, just maybe if we offered quarter they'd be nice and do the same to us and face the wake-up call.

People don't play nice. And what Erathil started other people got on the bandwagon of.

Estan
Last edited by QueenFaerie on Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:18 pm

If that is what you think then I don't think you know me at all Traveller.

Quarter can only be granted if a surrender is made. Every elf we met seemed to wish to fight to the death and very few would even talk to us. It seemed like they had been ordered out there and had no clue as to what they were doing other than fighting us for fightings sake. It seemed pointless!

I didn't attack a single person yet I was attacked dozens of times. I used less than five percent of my essence on offensive magics, yet was hit with ten times that.

We were not the agressors, our reasons for being out there had nothing to do with them. If they had simply left us alone then no one would have died at all.

**Drake**

Tome of Magic 6.0

Sproglet

Postby Sproglet » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:19 pm

'I kept telling them to turn and run, I am no fool and I am perfectly aware that the next person I cross blades with may be more competent than I, so I always give them a chance to run if it is practical and may save my life.... non of them took it...... they all choose to fight to the death.... they were like fanatics.'

'Ever tried reasoning with a fanatic.... it's like talking to Kriska.'

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:26 pm

*Turns to Estan.*

"What do you think I will be doing during Pathway Estan? Hiding like a coward? NO! I will be amoungst the troops fighting for our side, you know the hideously out numbered ones. I will be there from start to end, to save the lives of as many of our group as I can. If I get a chance to offer the enemy quarter, I shall and I shall deal with the consiquences as they arise."

"You are too quick to judge the race as a whole on the actions of a few. All of you. I regret every life I take, and yet I will fight in a war to protect those I love, those I consider friends, and those who cannot protect themselves, baring the burden of blood the I build."

Sproglet

Postby Sproglet » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:28 pm

'You will die with that attittude Traveller..... don't you get it, they will not except quarter from us for they would never offer it too us....'

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:29 pm

To be honest, you could have just hired Estan to fly to the place it was hidden. She could have flown down, picked it up and then teleported out. No one would have died at all then.

**Drake**

Tome of Magic 6.0

Return to “Sanga”