Brews and Blades

A board for any in-character discussions that want to take place anywhere in Sanga, Capital city and merchant central of Sinya Palurin.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

quillkeeper

Brews and Blades

Postby quillkeeper » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:11 pm

*Aratain once again walks into the shattered sword seeking Nathaniel without preamble he walks over to Nathaniel's useral table.*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:16 pm

*Nathaniel is nowhere to be seen. When asked, the barman informs Aratain that Nathaniel is expected to return shortly from some business he needed to attend to.*
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:18 pm

*Sits down at a Nathaniels table motions over a wrench and orders a drink and waits patiently for Nathaniel to return.*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:20 pm

*After about 15 minutes, Nathaniel enters the tavern. He gets himself a drink, and takes his usual seat.*

Afternoon, Aratain. Good to see you again, how've you been?
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:26 pm

"I have had a interesting couple of weeks, have you seen the graceful elf? I was there, I was letting it be known that we should be opening soon as I believe I am now ready to start selling wear. Yourself?"

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:30 pm

Hmm. I had heard about the Graceful Elf. Frankly, I find it worrying that such destructive power can be loosed in our largest city...

Anyway. Regarding opening up shop, as you know, I have been ready for weeks. If you are now satisfied with your talents, then I suggest we speak to a few people about renting premises. I've found three places that seem suitable and affordable, and whenever you wish, I am sure the owners would be happy for you to view them too.

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:38 pm

*Takes a sip from the drink*

"No time like the present. Just let me finish this drink and lets see what we can sort out. I too find the possibility of such distruction disturbing especially seeing as how the explosion, the firey one, was not caused by magical effects and that soon after the explosion several humans descended upon the survivours. Even more disturbing is that these humans seemed to not be effected by anything remotaly supernatural."

*Takes another sip of his drink*

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:42 pm

Hmm. I would almost suspect the involvement of an alchemist, then. After all, I can make potions that would leave the drinker invulnerable to magic for a while. In theory, I could also replicate the effects of certain hostile spells. I would imagine that a massive number of fire strike potions would be able to destroy a building...

I would have liked to be there. I might have had a chance of seeing if it was alchemy, or something else...

Anyway. back to our own business. Shall we head off?

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:44 pm

*Finishes his drink and stands.*

"Lead on then."

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:47 pm

*Nathaniel leads Aratain through the city, to a street near the markets*

Here is the first. Well placed for our needs, with its own well. I'd imagine you need water, from what little I know of smithing. It also has plenty of storage area, and unusually, a garden, which I will find most useful. This is the best of the places I have found, though also the most expensive. However, it has a few rooms I doubt we'd need for work, so we should be able to live here without being cramped.

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:59 pm

*Looks through the premisses with a keen eye, once his tour is compleat he turns to Nathaniel.*

"This would be ideal, however let us look at the other premisses and see what they look like. If one of them would serve as well but costs less it would make sence."

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:02 pm

*Nathaniel leads the way again. This time, further into the north west of the city.*

Here we are. Smaller, though enough space for what I expect we'd need. Not enough room to live here, though. Cheaper, certainly, but with its location being so far from the marketplace, I believe we would lose a lot of trade as a result. No well, but it is not all that far to a public well nearby.

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:06 pm

*Turns to Nathaniel*

"Is the third one better or worse than this? If worse then the desicion is made it will be the first one."

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:07 pm

The third is about the same overall. better location, but a bit smaller, and further to a well. Trade would be better, though working conditions would be difficult at first, at least until settled in properly, and we work things out.

quillkeeper

Postby quillkeeper » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:09 pm

"Then the first loaction has to be a winner, all we need to do now is discuss turms and price with the owner. How aminable are they to being approached out of the blue?"

Return to “Sanga”