Outside Ancálimon’s Alchemical Supplies

For events on Brockman Isle (aka The Colourful Isle)

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Damiensluman

Outside Ancálimon’s Alchemical Supplies

Postby Damiensluman » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:38 pm

Outside Ancálimon’s Alchemical Supplies a man using a walking stick with a distinget limp approaches he stops momentarily.

‘this must be the man I’ve herd about’

Taking his walking stick he knocks several times before pushing agents the door to see if it will open.

(Traga)

Huw

Re: Outside Ancálimon’s Alchemical Supplies

Postby Huw » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:20 pm

The door swings open slightly at Traga's knock, to reveal a shop-front area inside. Small bottles of potions line one side, on shelves and tables throught the shop, different sized bottles are on display, as well as mortars & pestles, burners and other equipment used in alchemy. At the far end of the room, a slightly gangly bush is writing something down in a book, with great concentration. As the door gives a slight creak, though, it looks up.

"Hello?"
Ancálimon y Festaer y Helyanwe, Alchemist
Azael Bannon, Telefret High Mage
Fox, Shaman of the Tsimshian

It's only a game.

Damiensluman

Postby Damiensluman » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:12 pm

Traga quickly glanced over the room before addressing the person before him.

ahh hello I'm looking for the master alchemist i have need for his... services

Huw

Postby Huw » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:01 pm

The bush puts down his quill.
"I'll get him for you!" He says, before running up a fight of stairs to his right. Then there's a sound like someone hitting a table with a stick and some shouting.
After a while, a High Elf slowly walks down the stairs , yawning and being tugged downstairs by the hand.
"Found him!" Says the bush.

"Yes. Um, thank you Broccoli. Please go back to what you were doing." Says the elf. He looks at Traga and blinks, shakes his head.
"I'm Ancalimon. Can I help you?"

It's only a game.

Damiensluman

Postby Damiensluman » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:48 am

Traga looks baffled for a moment then zones back and continues.

Allow me to introduce myself my name if Traga and i have travelled many miles to seek you’re wisdom. Wear I am from there is very few people that have knowledge of Alchemical. Most of those struggle with even the most basic of potion. Witch is why I am hear from watt I gather you have knowledge that is far superior to anything I have found before. It is that knowledge I seek. I wish to learn you’re art.

Huw

Postby Huw » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:30 pm

Ancalimon pauses in mid-yawn and blinks again. Dropping his hand to his side he glances at his feet, then pushes his glasses up his nose.
Then he looks Traga up and down, frowning.

"Why?"

It's only a game.

Damiensluman

Postby Damiensluman » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:22 am

Trage looked sum wat taken back and a little unexspctntly baffled by this question.

Well I have travelled for many miles and seen great feats. Many I have tried to replicate and failed. Magic was a difficult art for me to learn and I have struggled to get even the most basic of spells. However Alchemical is different. It is much simpler to learn and even with a basic knowledge I have achieved so much. I have seen what I can only describe as minor miracles unfold in front of me as a result of Alchemical. I wish to extend this knowledge. From watt I gather you are the best this world has ever seen and it is you I wish to learn from…. I will of cores compensate you for you’re time.

Traga reaches into is pocket and pulls out a wad of rava.

Huw

Postby Huw » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:30 pm

"Hyperbolic praise won't get you anywhere faster." Ancalimon says. But the elf's face softens somewhat.

"Hmmm. I'm not convinced yet, but you've got my attention. Come in and have a drink, we'll talk."

He motions with his head into the building and heads to a door on the left of the shop floor.

It's only a game.

Damiensluman

Postby Damiensluman » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:12 am

Traga follows looking sumwat baffled.]

And wat must I do to prove my worth to you

Huw

Postby Huw » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:19 pm

Ancalimon leads Traga through the door and into a drawing room. He gestures at a small table with 4 seats around it and bearing a parrafin burner.
He turns to Traga.

"I'm making tea, do you want some or would you like something else?"

He opens up a small box against the wall and pulls out a small bunch of leaves befoe walking to the table.

It's only a game.

Damiensluman

Postby Damiensluman » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:56 pm

Traga takes a seat moving his leg it into a more comfortable passion.

I cant say I’ve ever tried it where I am from we were unable to find such luxury.

Huw

Postby Huw » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:50 pm

Ancalimon nods and puts the herbs in a metal pot which he places on top of the burner. Then he takes some matches from his pocket and lights it.

"Right, I'll get cups in a minute." He sits down opposite Traga and steeples his fingers. "Okay. I'll teach you alchemy - but with some conditions.

"One: poisons. I'd be failing as a teacher if I didn't tell you how to make them. And you'd be a pretty bad student if you didn't work out at least the basics. But, selling poisons is illegal in human lands. As, I think, is using them. Do what you will - I have to let you do what you will with the knowledge I give you - but you can take all the consequences of breaking the law as well.
Two: I'm not going to charge for tuition, but the only thing I fully own is the knowledge of these plants. You'll need to buy equipment and supplies from the Inigo Trading company. You'll also need to find somewhere to live on the Island, long-term. You're not going to learn it all in one day.
Three: I'm not charging because it's my duty to spread knowledge." - The elf gestures at a small shrine to Yashmanar in the corner - "But I reserve the right to stop teaching when I want. If you do something immoral with the knowledge I give you - like sell poisons to anybody who asks - then I won't teach you anything, ever again."

"So that's that out of the way. Are you still interested?"

It's only a game.

Damiensluman

Postby Damiensluman » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:05 pm

Thrga gets up and walks over to the shrine he reaches into his bag and places a small bottle on the shrin. He then retakes his seat at the table and pulls out a small portal alcomy kit.

Crystal c lear, wen might we start.

Huw

Postby Huw » Sun May 01, 2011 2:49 pm

Ancalimon smiles. "Erm - right now? I'll also be getting a contract to you at some point, have what I've just said in writing."
He looks at Traga's alchemy kit. "This is good - where did you get it? I met a human called Nathaniel with one of these, but I neglected to ask where he'd got it... We'll need a bigger mortar in a bit, and the wick here seems small. But for now, it'll work."

He pauses, with his finger in the air.

"Water," he says, pointing at the teapot. "I'll be right back."

He gets up and leaves the room through a door in the back. There's a splashing sound, a small incantation and he comes back, holding a jug of water. He pours some into the teapot, onto the herbs.

"Knew there was something."
"...Hmmm. Maybe I was wrong. I need to get my notes in order, see what to teach you first. For now, i'll just have to give you the basics, the theory..."

He leans forwards and begins to talk, eyes alive with interest.

It's only a game.

Damiensluman

Postby Damiensluman » Sun May 01, 2011 4:14 pm

Traga reaches into his bag ones moor and pulls out a small book and begins making notes on wat Ancalimon is saying.

Return to “Brockman Isle”