Meanwhile, back on the Colourful Isle...

For events on Brockman Isle (aka The Colourful Isle)

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Huw

Re: Meanwhile, back on the Colourful Isle...

Postby Huw » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:46 pm

"Oh, er, um, Quilla?" Ancalimon says. "Could you go and get Willow for me? I have something for her..."
"I'm WIllow, mummy!" The bush says, standing up and stamping its foot. As it does so, the red leaves on it ripple and change, revealing a covering of green, ivy-like leaves that glitter slightly. "It's the only bush that I can do better than Quilla and Broccoli. But it's...itchy." It seems to half shrug, half shake itself like a dog. "And what's the present?"
Reaching into his bag, Ancalimon takes out the wrapped box, which he hands over to her. "It's from Galantine."
She looks at the box, which looks very large in her tiny hands, with great seriousness. "From Galantine? In the picture?"
"Yes. You might be able to catch him if you go to the docks, though he was in a bit if a hurry. I think he might be gone now."
She looks up. "Can I open it?"
"Yes, I guess you can." Ancalimon says, distantly.

((What's in the box?))
Ancálimon y Festaer y Helyanwe, Alchemist
Azael Bannon, Telefret High Mage
Fox, Shaman of the Tsimshian

It's only a game.

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:24 pm

((The box contains a set of various paints, brushes and paper to paint on. On the side of one brush is Willow's name. A little note is palced inside saying plainly:
"For Willow, I hope you enjoy this, Im sorry I couldnt find something you'd like better. All the same, happy [late] birthday.
-The Kensei."))
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

Huw

Postby Huw » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:42 pm

Willow giggles and sits down with the box on her lap. With great ceremony she unwraps the packaging coooes at what lies inside.
"What is it?" she says, taking out a paintbrush and ticking her face with it. "Is it for writing?" She gets out a paint pot and examines it, then knocks it on the top with a sound like a
Ancalimon, smiling - though he looks strangely disconcerted - kneels, takes the pot off her and opens the lid. "It's a painting set. You create pictures with it. Or you could write with it, some people do that."
The tree-creature looks up at Nathaniel. "Mummy and Rosa are teaching me to write. They say I'm the best at writing, would you like to see?"
She turns the paintbrush in her hand and pulls the pot out of Ancalimon's hand. Then she rams the brush unceremoniously into the pot. Ancalimon leans back as spots of paint make a bid for freedom and Willow takes a piece of paper. With great care, and a concentration that causes a flower to open on her head, she writes:

wiLLow

She then hands this to Nathaniel.
"Now, don't forget to thank Galantine when you finally meet him." Admonishes Ancalimon.
"Yes, mummy." Says Willow, already reaching for another piece of paper.
"And take care of that, like the rest of your writing things. You wouldn't want Galantine to think you didn't appreciate it, would you?"
She looks up and blows a leaf at him with a huff. "Yes mummy."
Ancalimon shakes his head, smiling, as he stands. "I think that gift might becomes something I dread." He says, watching Willow send red drops flying as she looks with great focus at the page in front of her. "But, distractions aside, I think we're finally here."
He heads for the entrance to the building.

It's only a game.

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:28 pm

*Nathaniel says nothing, but looks at the outside of the building, before approaching the door. Only after reaching it does he break his silence*

Are there any traditions people are expected to follow here? Any little things to do before I enter, or anything like that?
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

Huw

Postby Huw » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:55 am

"No, not really. It helps to be nice to the guardian spirit, but that's it."

((This thread feels too long, continued in the Shrine thread))

It's only a game.

Return to “Brockman Isle”