Meanwhile, back on the Colourful Isle...

For events on Brockman Isle (aka The Colourful Isle)

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Huw

Re: Meanwhile, back on the Colourful Isle...

Postby Huw » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:15 pm

Ancalimon puts away the Boltab leaf and takes a bottle of something red out of his pocket. Then he starts walking again.
"I was approached earlier today regarding some kind of Demon Werewolf. A group of adventurers are trying to slay it, and they think that they will need to cure it of Lycanthrophy before they can properly harm it. Well, that's what I understood, anyway. They didn't give me that much information, but this is a sample from a Serkenian who was infected."
He passes it to Nathaniel. "I was going to see if there was anything added to the blood - it looks like there is but I'll have to test fully - and then I'm not sure. Probably see if there's a way to separate it from the two. What do you know about curing Werewolves?"

They are approaching a ritual circle, marked out with small pillars. Growing in and around it are a large number of grey flowers.
Ancálimon y Festaer y Helyanwe, Alchemist
Azael Bannon, Telefret High Mage
Fox, Shaman of the Tsimshian

It's only a game.

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:24 pm

Hmm. This smells familiar.... Whose blood is this?

Curing werewolf demons though? I've heard of the being of which you speak. As with anything, it is easier to destroy than to create. The way it was born, with all these beings being brought together in one ritual and combined, has anyone tried to do the opposite? To separate them back into werewolves and demon? Each one can be killed as an individual, but together, their powers seem greatly amplified somehow.

You know as well as I, a few flowers on their own are nothing special, but mixed together in the right way, they become far more. Take out the oil of taggit from a simple vitaea potion, and you are left with nothing more than dirty water. I would hypothesise that the same applies.

If this theory is not valid of course, then I would expect an assault with both star tear and rift weapons would work. However, rift weapons are rare, and thanks to the short sightedness of some heroes a few years back, star tear weapons are as far as I know, non existant. Doloran excepted, of course.
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

Huw

Postby Huw » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:33 pm

"The Serkenian said her name was Kira, she's apparently been infected by this creature. And I'm not sure that they would have asked for an alchemist's assistance if they had that much in the way of Star Tear and Rift weaponry - the problem might have been solved by now...
He starts. "But that does make me think-" His voice becomes louder and he, seemingly without knowing it, starts gesticulating.
I've heard many stories - well, myths, really - about the Midari. Some say they were cursed by Velneshar, some say they made a pact with demons from the Hope Wastes, some say their own desire for power or survival consumed them. No two stories say exactly the same thing, but there are similarities: One, that in some way there was some (even limited) choice in their becoming "cursed" or bound. They accepted their fate or even embraced it, depending on the story. Two, that there is some other, very powerful or magical creature involved in their curse..."
"So," He says, stepping over a flower to stand on the inside of the ritual circle and wave his arms, "If there is any truth to these stories, curing such a creature would only partly be an alchemist's job. There would have to be some kind of magical, magical, - curing, or purging, or denial or - anyway, It would be as much a matter of spirit as it would be of natural elements."

"Of course, this is all quite theoretical at the moment. I've only got a suspicion that there IS something different about that blood."

It's only a game.

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:50 pm

I was told recently that some Midari tribesmen relatively recently encountered claimed the werewolf condition was the result of a possessing spirit. I wasn't there, and I don't know if this was tested for truth at all, but it makes a certain sense to me. The nature of a werewolf seems to have several parallels with that of those possessed by demons, after all.

If this is the case, then perhaps a spell of exorcism might work, though perhaps not, as they would naturally work on demons, not whatever these werewolf spirits are.

Of course, this is just based on what I was told the person said. They were reputedly a simple tribesman, hoping to become a werewolf one day. Apparently, this was a near religious fanaticism. There may be truth in what they said, they may have just believed it true, or it may be a complete lie. Still... Do you know of any possessed? The only few I have known have pretty much all died recently. Their blood as a comparison might test this possibility.
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

Huw

Postby Huw » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:41 pm

Ancalimon picks one of the grey flowers at his feet and holds out his hand for the bottle of blood back, stepping back over the border to the circle and begins to walk again.
"No, I don't know any possessed - at least, no one I've seen has looked like one. And short of "somewhere in Gweria or the swamps of Tuure" I don't know where to find one...but I doubt that blood would be very useful alchemically for research. I didn't realise demons - or Werewolves for that matter - left traces that could be tested non-magically. "

"Anyway," He shakes his head and holds out the grey flower in the hand that isn't awaiting the bottle of blood. "Tell me what you think of is. This plant grows only around the ritual circle, except for some notable exceptions which we'll see in a bit."

It's only a game.

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:59 pm

I have no idea if possessed have altered blood, but their scent is certainly altered. That would imply altered biology, though a detailed examination would certainly let us find out if there is a connection, or at least similarity.

*He hands over the bottle, and begins examining the flower* ((OOC. Identify substance))

Curious. It seems to depend on the circle somehow. Feeding on the magic, perhaps? Or maybe just some nutrients that are present here. I'd have to check the soil to answer that one, of course. Not a plant I'm familiar with, but that doesn't surprise me. At an educated guess, I'd say it has a mild narcotic effect. Perhaps useable as a painkiller, or with careful preparation, a numbing elixir. Not that I'd have any idea how to go about that yet, of course.

Pure guesswork, naturally. Just based on the plants I know. I expect I'd work out more once I'm used to the local plants.

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:04 pm

As Nathaniel is given the substance, somewhere in the nearby woods, someone can be heard singing a song. The song is abruptly cut off as the person gets into sight oof the two. The human is wearing Serkainian clothing, tattered at the edges and a sword on his left hip. Seeing the two, he stays where he is, patietly and out of hearing range in some form of respect.
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:13 pm

*Nathaniel calls out*

Afternoon. Galatane, wasn't it? What brings you here? A long and expensive journey to make, and I didn't see you on the Dwarven city ship.

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:18 pm

Galatine nods back to Nathniel and calls back
That would be me, thank you for remmebering me sir. My buisness is my own...part of which involves the elf there. What might bring you this way sir?

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:06 pm

*He grins, still examining the plant.*

A new island, somewhere I've not been, new life, new people, what more could I ask for?

Huw

Postby Huw » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:44 pm

Ancalimon furrows his brows at Nathaniel's summary of the plant. "Really? That's odd - has someone been doing rituals here?"
(OOC Examine Substance: The smallish petals of the flower would have a mild narcotic effect, but that's all - unless you mixed it with something else. To Sense Power it feels almost identical to the ritual circle: balanced, latent power.)

After Nathaniel's and Galantine's exchange, he calls out "Come over here, we're not talking about anything secret. How are you? Not killed by a Demon Werewolf I see. In fact, you might..." He beckons Galantine over.

[Is Galantine alone or still with his shadow elf friend?]

It's only a game.

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:54 pm

((I assume due to Laura's absence, Drieth might be wandering after Galatine but has not caught up just yet))

Galatine nods, a little shyly and walks over slowly to Alcalimon and Nathaniel.
No, Im not dead just yet. Give it some time, I will have to leave shortly to go once again to try and find something capable of killing it. Until then, I was hoping to meet your child, Ancalimon, I have something for her. He takes a box shaped parcel out from inside the front of his kimono and hold it in his left hand, carefully.
Im not entirely sure what would be appropraite so I hoped maybe something to paint with might be a good start...
He sratches the back of his head, awkwardly.
Anyway, what might you both be doing? Alchemy research, I naturally assume...might I help in some way?

Huw

Postby Huw » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:30 pm

"If you've been dealing with this Demon Werewolf," Ancalimon says as starts moving again, "Then you might know something useful. there's something that might be relevant - is it a Demon with Lycanthropy, or another creature that is both possessed and a Werewolf? It might make a difference when trying to cure it or not. And do you know of anyone else that has been infected and is looking to be cured?"
"Oh, and if you've got time, Willow will be around here somewhere. It won't be long until we run into one of the children - then you can give her her gift by yourself."

It's only a game.

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:50 pm

Galatine looked at his friend with bewildered eyes and shook his head, sadly.
Im sorry. I dont know if its a possessed were-wolf or a were-demon. All I know is this: It was created in a ritual which killed Aquilla, though the details I do not know. It is completely immune to magic and all attacks of any form besides star tear, apparently. Other than this, my knowledge is lacking.
At the mention of a cure for lycanthropy or maybe possesion, his eyes widened.
Theres a cure? Is there a cure for possesion?
As his eyes widen, the irises turn a bright yellow, the whites of his eyes turn slightly back. As this happens, he clutches his head, a frustrated and pained look crosses his face as he closes his eyes. He mutters to himself, his voice flickering between his own and a deeper, darker and far more malevolent voice.
Why CURE your self? You and I are the same thing, there was never anythig wrong with you...
We ARE NOT the same. You kill for pleasure, you destroy. I do not, Im a human, you are a beast.
Liar, you enjoy the blood shed as much as I ever have. You have killed of your own will. You took on Despair, NOT I.
Your wrong...I try to SAVE lives...I did it to save others...
They turned on you then, they will do it again. Sooner or later, actions mean nothing if you are something they think as evil.
There was a pause and silence from the boy. Then, without warning, his fist came up and connected with his skull. SOme blood trickled from his forehead, and his eyes returned to normal, the voice now Galatine's again. On his hip, the sword vibrated, as though it had a life unto itself, then stopped, as though it had fallen asleep.
Wiping the blood away, Galatine did not meet their eyes.
If you know of a cure for possesion, polease tell me. I think maybe I should go and cool off. Oh yes...
He handed the parcel to Ancalimon, carefully.
For Willow. I hope she enjoys it.

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:26 pm

Ah yes. Possessed. I had forgotten about your condition. I know of a potential cure, certainly. Powerful life magics. Seek out any great healer. Kalist, perhaps?

Oh, on a slightly related topic, the blood of a possessed might well aid our research. Certainly, it might offer better insight into the werewolf condition, and to test the validity of claims reputedly made recently by a Midari tribesman. Could I trouble you for a little of that blood you have spilled, therefore?

*Looking back to Ancalimon*

There seems to be magic in the area, though I'm not sure exactly what. I don't have enough experience to be sure of what I'm sensing yet, and very little frame of reference for much at all of this island. I'll keep it all in mind, naturally, and let you know if I make any sense of it all.

Return to “Brockman Isle”