Meanwhile, back on the Colourful Isle...

For events on Brockman Isle (aka The Colourful Isle)

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Blue mage

Re: Meanwhile, back on the Colourful Isle...

Postby Blue mage » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:00 pm

Galatine avoided meeting his eyes.
Im not exactly possessed...But, Im not all human either. If my blood can help kill this thing...or at least stop it, then you can have as much as you need. Hold on...
Producing a used potion bottle he had, he filled it partially with his blood, then put the cork on, handing it to Nathaniel.
Im not sure how much demon is in that. It might be half human, half demon, but it might just be partly demon...I have no clue, only guesses. I have asked Kalist in the past, but he has more important things to do...Im not bitter. Its jsut hard sometimes to think and then have to have a second opion on your thoughts...or when he gets loose and kills things...
He shook his head, and looked at the ground.
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:56 pm

Hm. Kalist has better things to do? Better than to stop a demon from running amok and killing people? Put it like that to him, and if he still thinks so, then... Then I think a lot less of him. My thanks for this bottle, though. We will use it as best we can.
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:07 am

I think its more to do with the Sentinels, and the demon-were-wolf too, of course. Besides, I have no right to question him. He helped me when I needed him most...I dont mind if he ignores this...anyway...
The boy turned and started a slow pace back the way he came
[color=#0000BF]I have places to go, things to do...oh, and a demon-were-wolf to stop. If Im still alive after my next job, I'll come right back. If not, well...I leave all things to the Sentinels. Oh...and if I do die, Nathaniel, please make sure that if my sword ever turns up in Pathway its locked somewhere VERY secure, please.[color]
He glanced back and gave a respectful noid and started off down the path, to the docks.

Huw

Postby Huw » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:49 am

Ancalimon looks blankly at the box in his hands. "Are you at least staying for a while?" He calls to Galantine's retreating back.
Sagging a bit, with a puzzled look on his face, he stops walking and mutely holds out his hand for the bottle Galantine has just filled.
"I seem to be spending a lot of time with people's blood today." He says after a pause.
Ancálimon y Festaer y Helyanwe, Alchemist
Azael Bannon, Telefret High Mage
Fox, Shaman of the Tsimshian

It's only a game.

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:52 am

Galatine doesnt turn and continues walking, but calls back
If Im not dead by the time my next job finishes, then I'll be back for much longer!
With that, he leaves, starting to sing to himself as he does again.

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:11 pm

Blood has a lot of information in it, once you get used to working with it. I learned a lot from the first samples of Midari blood I got hold of.
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

Huw

Postby Huw » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:13 pm

"That's as may be. I just feel somewhat...ghoulish...with a bag of someone's blood." He looks at the floor, pushes his glasses up his nose and starts walking again. "And I don't understand. Does Galantine have a demon in his sword or is he possessed? I thought it was the first, but it looks more like the second. A week isn't really a log time, is it."
He puts the giftbox in his bag, looking at Galantine's back as it disappears back down the path. "I wonder..."

"Where - oh yes. I was going to show you something. Have you still got the ritual flower?" He starts walking again this time with a frown.

It's only a game.

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:35 pm

Galatine? It's.... complicated, I think. ((OOC. Does his scent indicate that he is possessed?))

As for the flower? I still have it, of course.

Huw

Postby Huw » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:52 pm

"Can you sense power?" Ancalimon starts as he speeds up, "If you can't, I'll tell you - it feels exactly like a ritual circle. This has been the same for all the times I've seen it except one: after I did a ritual to Yashmanar in the circle and then he circle wasn't used for 10 years. As soon as I - wait, that doesn't make much sense, does it? I suppose I should extrapolate - well, there was a time travel ritual that I and several other heroes did, to take us ten years into the future. There is more, but that will do for now or for our purposes...when we went forward, it turned out that there had been a - memorial, I think - to the ritual that was done. Either that or no-one had bothered to remove the materials I placed there."
He is getting animated, again, beginning to gesticulate.
"Well, when I was in that future, there were none of those grey flowers around the ritual circle. Instead, in their place were much larger, orchid-like ones, which had an aura of mostly balanced power, but with more Light than anything else - and I've recently looked into the properties of samples that I took back. It makes potions to enhance perception, sense magic, that kind of thing. I don't know everything, but with the right other ingredients I don't see why it wouldn't be able to enhance any and possibly all senses. I - sorry, are you still with me? I haven't missed anything crucial out, have I? People tell me I tend to get carried away when I talk about plants..."

It's only a game.

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:51 pm

((Galatine does not smell possessed. He smells...not all human. When the demon was in control, he reaked of demon, with a tad of human. As Galatine, he smelt of human. When his eyes were yellow, he smelt like a mixture of both.))

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:19 pm

Yes, I can sense power. Well, smell it, it seems. I'm still learning exactly what my nose can tell me in that respect.

*Nathaniel passes over a potion*

Here. A potion of enhance sense. Feel free to examine it, but do not keep the stopper out of the bottle for too long. The potion evaporates quickly, you see. If the vapours are let into the eyes, it enhances the vision. If drops are poured into the ears before evaporating, then hearing is enhanced. If inhaled, then the sense of smell, and so on. Tell me if that is similar to what you know this plant to do.

Potions that enhance the users ability to sense magic were suggested to me a year or two back by a fire elf I knew, but I never made much progress, as I had no real idea of what magic was like to sense. He might as well have asked a blind man to paint his portrait. I would be curious to know what research you already have of these plants. It sounds like they might react to any aspect of power, based on your tale of the orchids.

*As an afterthought, he passes over another vial, this one of grey dust*

This is dust of magic detection. enough to cover an area about one foot in width. Magic within it will glow a visible blue light for a while. Maybe this will offer some more insight. Oh, and... Galatine, I think I know how to explain him for now, though it likely oversimplifies. He is human, but sometimes a demon soul steps into his place. At those times, it is the demon, not him. Far beyond possessed. There is something at the times in between which is sort of like a possessed, but... Well, that is where simple analogies fail, I fear. With my sense of smell, it is hard to explain. To adapt a previous example, it is like showing a painting to a blind man.

Huw

Postby Huw » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:28 pm

((Where is Nathaniel getting all these potions?))

"Well, if possessed have a smell, that would indicate that there is something physical about the possession, not just magical. Unless - how long have you been - smelling - magic?"
He takes the bottles and puts them carefully in his bag. "Heh, speaking of being unable to describe things, I have never not been able to sense magic, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this powder. Maybe it's something for Willow to study, or if I can get Broccoli to sit down for enough time..."
A building is becoming visible through the trees, as they walk.
"So, I was talking about orchids. I got suspicious when some of the builders did a rite to Gerethanax here - I don't think they had the capacity for a ritual as such, but just a devotional...and the flowers changed again. Not much, and their properties were almost the same... They made lights seem brighter, even a little uncomfortable, and maybe people were stronger, but not to the extent that I could measure. They also became tinged with brown - the flowers, that is, not the people."
Last edited by Huw on Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It's only a game.

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:04 pm

((His potions are kept either in his bag, or in assorted pockets. Some hidden, some visible.))

I was suggesting you examine that dust, to learn it's properties. Once you understand how it works, how it reacts to magic and makes the visible glow in it's presence, then you might have more insight into these plants. You've had a lot longer to study these plants than me, and a living plant is always a lot more complicated than a potion.

As for a dedication? I'd imagine all gods have a ceremony of some sort. I know that Risk does. That's the deity I follow, by the way. Goddess of luck. Well, god of luck, sometimes. You can never be sure which it'll be.

Actually, that's a thought. You've spoken of a few faiths here already. Are other religions represented here yet?

Huw

Postby Huw » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:14 pm

The elf claps his hands. "Yes! well, maybe not represented. When we - the first heroes - arrived, the island was plagued by demons, and there were no gods. We couldn't hear them. So, eventually, we created the Shrine here to invite the gods - all of them - to the island." He gestures to the building at the edge of the path, which looks to be as old as the bunkhouse was. About two metres from the entrance, however, he stops to look at something.
"That's odd," he says. He squats besides a red bush growing beside the path. "You're suddenly doing very well..." he takes a branch between his finger and thumb.

There is something odd about the plant. Half of it looks as if it's dying, wilting as if it hasn't been watered - which doesn't make sense, seeing as it's surrounded by healthy looking shrubs on either side. The other half looks like it's flourishing, sending new shoots out in all directions.
"So what's changed?" Ancalimon murmurs. "You should be-
"Go away!" Hisses the bush. "They'll find me! Stoppit!"

It's only a game.

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:09 pm

*Nathaniel chuckles*

One advantage of my nose. Even those adept in concealing themselves, hiding all trace of their passing, I notice. Thanks to the various research I've done, my sense of smell goes far beyond even the most acute persons. I could show you the formulae I used to enhance it, if you wish, though they would probably take months, maybe years to actually tailor to your own biology. That's the problem with a lot of my projects. They work very well, but have to be worked to one person only.

Return to “Brockman Isle”