Brockman isle's docks

For events on Brockman Isle (aka The Colourful Isle)

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Blue mage

Brockman isle's docks

Postby Blue mage » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:22 pm

As a ship full of people, merchants mainly, of various races disembark off the ship, a human dressed in Serkanian clothing, the edges in tatters, with a scar on his left cheek, and a shadow elf, concealed beneath dark robes with a bow slung over her shoulder and back get off together onto the docks. Some of those present who had been there when the first ship pulled up note the human to be familiar in some way, but dont think much of it. The shadow elf is far more unknown to those present, but again, they do not look twice, as a shadow elf trying to hide beneath clothing is not uncommon. The human leads the shadow elf up a road and towards a large building, stopping outside to take a look at it. Smiling a small bit, he moves on, asking for directions from a passer-by where they can find a High elf, young-ish, with a strange hat. Being hard to miss, the passer-by suggests the direction, and the elf and human walk off towards the location.
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

Huw

Re: Brockman isle's docks

Postby Huw » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:55 pm

The pair arrive at a old-looking building. On a bench in front a man in a red-and-gold tabard that reads "Inigo Trading" is sitting, apparently dozing in the sun. There is the sound of people moving around inside and as the two approach, he looks up.
"Hello? What can I do for you?" he says, glancing up at them.
Ancálimon y Festaer y Helyanwe, Alchemist
Azael Bannon, Telefret High Mage
Fox, Shaman of the Tsimshian

It's only a game.

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:05 pm

((Does Galatine recognise this building?))

The human nodded and gave a polite bow, humbly.
Sorry to bother you. Would you know where I can find the high elf alchemist? I suppose he might be busy nowadays, but if I could see him, that would be great.
He spoke quietly, but loud enough to be heard, obviously a bit tense and trying to remain humble here.

Brave Sir Robin

Postby Brave Sir Robin » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:30 pm

[Yeah, it's the same building]

As Galatine speaks the man in the robes suddenly breaks into a smile.

"Why Galatine. Forgive me for not recognising you immediately. You are most welcome back to Brockman Isle my friend."

Inigo seems to have lost a little weight and gained a tan, But Galatine now recognises the man he met not long ago, and the building he is sitting in front of is certainly the same one, but already modifications and additions are starting to make it unfamiliar. Inigo moves to hug Galatine, but then thinks better of it and simply offers his hand.

"Yes I think Anacalimon is around here somewhere. Another Alchemist showed up and they went off to explore the island together I think. Your best bet is to ask one of the plantkin children, they seem to know the island best. Of course you're welcome to partake of our meagre refreshments, and there are always beds available here for those I owe so much to."
I'm no geek, some of my best friends are in RL.
--------------------------------------------------------
Ishmael Kor

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:58 pm

Galatine takes a moment to take in the ma's features, height and voice. He then gasps and smiles, taking the mans hand then actually hugs him, having the same thoughts, but being much more impulsive about it. ((Inigo notes that he feels as though he is irradiating life magic, without healing anything, leaving a more pleasent sensation))
Inigo! I didnt realise it was you, my deepest apologies. Im glad your well, I trust your trade is good?
He lets Inigo go and beams. He then gestures to Drieth.
This is my friend, Dreshka. Dreshka, this is Inigo, the lord of this island who me and others elected after seeing his future. And I would say that I elected him so much as just happened to be there at the time... he added the last part, rubbing thwe back of his head, his cheeks flushing a little in the sunlight. Recovering quickly, he smiled politely.
I came all this way and realise that soon I must be somewhere else...I have to keep my promises of course and honour my word, but I dont see harm in staying for a little while. Your hospitality is appreciated, but as I have said before, I cannot possibly re-pay you, humble swordsman that I am. I would like to drop something off, if I cant find Ancalimon, though...Its for Willow, you see.
He looked skywards, thoughtfully, that far away look in his eyes, before resting his eyes back down at the Lord, suddenly filling his eyes with admirition.

Brave Sir Robin

Postby Brave Sir Robin » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:18 pm

"A pleasure to meet you Dreshka, please make yourselves at home. You've already done so much for me Galatine that I wouldn't dream of accepting payment from you. Ancalimon's lodgings are still upstairs, if you want to leave something for Willow, then you're best bet is to head to Brock's old tent, Brock spends a lot of his time teaching the children there. As I said Ancalimon is probably out looking for flowers. Though these days he spends quite a lot of time up at the shrine, he seems to have some experiments going on up there."
Ishmael Kor

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:05 pm

The swordsman smiles, and bows, very politely.
I did nothing but help those who those you. You had my support, but I was not the main factor in getting to your position, but I thank you for your feelings. I will try to find Ancalimon, but failing this, I shall see if I can find Brock...how is he by the way? What of Rosa? How is everyone left behind?
The boy showed obvious interest in Brock's well being and Rosa herself.

Brave Sir Robin

Postby Brave Sir Robin » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:49 pm

"Rosa is visiting Brock at the moment. They seem to be getting on very well. Everyone here is doing very well, we're investing in the island - you saw the building work I'm sure. New people are arriving and we're beginning to produce what we need to start making this a nice place to live."

I'm sure you'll find a lot of familiar faces around.
Ishmael Kor

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:53 pm

Galatine nodded and smiled once again.
Thank you very much Ini--LORD Inigo. If you will pardon me, I'll head there now, thank you. I will return shortly and leave you to your work, thanks again Lord.
He bowed deeply and plitely again and walked off towards the shrine, singing a song to himself. Inwardly, he was happy for Inigo and the people here. But he also knew, deep down, that the happiest future had been gained through blood and death. He only hoped nthat never happened here again...

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:10 am

A few minutes pass, and Galatine wanders back. His eyes are serious, a deep glare, and close enough, one can see that the irises have turned a bright yellow. There is a little dried blood on his forehead. As he passes people by, they still feel life flowing from him, but there is deep feeling of distraught within this. He wanders over to Drieth and Inigo, his expression changing and his eyes softening, the yellow fading into his normal blue. He bows deeply to Inigo.
Pardon me, Lord Inigo. I have come and done my first intention, which was to present a gift to Willow. Unfortunately, I have an obligation to full-fil, and must leave again. If I am still alive after this next task I undertake, I will return. Thank you for your hospitlity, and I hope you flourish here.
He strightened up, smiled politely and whispered to Drieth:
I may be gone sometime, but I'll be back. Its safe here, so you can remain here as long as you wish. Im sure inigo will take care of anything for you, and if not, all my money is left to you to use. I doubt this dark God will extend this far.
Having told her this, he walked at a steady pace towards the docks to catch a boat back to the mainland.

Brave Sir Robin

Postby Brave Sir Robin » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:24 am

Inigo looks highly concerned at Galatine's reappearance, stammering through his reply.

"O.. o.. of course Galatine. As I have said, you are welcome to come and go whenever you please. Your friend will be most welcome here as well. I.. I hope you're ok my friend. Good luck."
Ishmael Kor

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:33 am

Before he is too far away, Galatine turns and smiles, pleasently to Inigo, waving. He calls out one last time:
Thank you my friend. I will return soon. Im sorry for the toruble.
he bowed quickly again and zipped of towards the boats. it wa snot logn until he had hopped on board a small ship going back to the Mainland.

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:46 pm

Dreith smiles, politely, at the introduction Greetings,Inigo , she had been absent minded recently, thinking about the strange dream again. She looks suprised to see Galatine leaving, but despite not knowing these people, knows that they are unlikely to be any trouble. After all, a quiet place to avoid certain persons is just what she wants at present.
(Elwing: an unusually fluffy High Elf ranger)
(Dreith: the shadow elf ex-slaver)
(Vaerya: half Everni, half high elf, ranger)
(Brandir Ruby: an insane fire elf)
(Seven: a well intentioned fleabrain)
(Elena: A Grammaton Cleric)

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:27 pm

A conversation occurs on the boat back. To anyone watching, all they see is a boy of about 15 or 16 with a headache muttering to himself. The coversation, occurs deep within the mind of the Boy, somewhere at the back of his head. Sanctus had wanted to talk, and now he had been out, it was important he spoke:
This next job, dealing with Demons...let me take this.
The boy, in his mental form, stared in suprise at the genderless beauty, smirking back at him.
And what in Velmaneth would convince me to allow you to undertake such matters? You who kill without care or discrimination.
The demon grinned, flicking some of its long hair aside.
Thats what you need. One who does not discriminate. I also possess the conviction to kill, unlike you, who kills with a bleeding heart. I come to you to ask for control, to carry out a mission you do not want to take part of. Let me out, let me kill...please...any conditions you set, I shall honour, just please...
He demons put its arms around Galatine, hugging him, trying to cinvince its host to let it out, to open up to all that delicious power. The boy closed his eyes, sighing and whispered back:
The conditions are these: You will not take a life without reason. You will not attack those who do not deserve it. You shall follow the Shaded Blade code. You shall do as you wish beyond this. Until then...where will I stay?
The demons smirked, triumphantly, out of the boy's gaze.
Until I call you, rest. I shall handel everything, my word binds me to your conditions, have no fears.
Sanctus placed its hand on the boys head, and closed his eyes. Within a second, Galatine slept, Sanctus cathing him as he fell. The demon smiled, wiping some stray hair aside from his face, laying him down within the mental space. Outside the mind, the boy opened his eyes, the eyes now glowing a bright yellow, the whites turning a deep black. His hair changed, lengthened and changed colour. Those who saw this thought it best not to ask, as long as the creature posed no threat. Sanctus closed his eyes, peacefully, and fell into a sleep. Ever present, the sword protected them both as they slumbered. When Sanctus next woke, he knew he could do as he chose. he would keep his word, oh yes...but words could be bent...

that_darn_elf

Postby that_darn_elf » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:11 pm

[some time later. Dreith has been laying low, glad of the quiet, working from time to time with odd (legal) jobs. She is known as Dreshka, and despite peoples inbuilt wariness of a shadow elf, has built a reputation for if not being the fluffiest or most approachable of elves, at least being a reliable elf of her word. She has rented a small dwelling place near the docks and when she isnt working, spends her time exploring this place.]
Dreith wanders back towards the docks, at sunset. She wonders briefly where Galatine had travelled to, he seems to have been away a long time. But then the life of a hero on the mainland is perilous and he may have found many things that he needs to do. Meantime she is considering settling here, or at least spending a lot of time here. It is a novel experience being somewhere where she is not hunted, or where she needs to hide some of her occupations. Here, although she has not traded in slaves since she came here, and has instead chosen more legal methods of earning a living, she has enjoyed the rest and quiet. Although a part of her yearns for the adventure and the greater gains of illegal trade.
A seabird flies overhead swawking, making her jump, despite the noise and bustle of the docks.
(Elwing: an unusually fluffy High Elf ranger)
(Dreith: the shadow elf ex-slaver)
(Vaerya: half Everni, half high elf, ranger)
(Brandir Ruby: an insane fire elf)
(Seven: a well intentioned fleabrain)
(Elena: A Grammaton Cleric)

Return to “Brockman Isle”