All around the Arcane University and surrounding area...

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Niamh

All around the Arcane University and surrounding area...

Postby Niamh » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:35 pm

Notices are put up, thickening the layer already created by the new Haran.

The Kar Memorial University of the Arcane Arts is Open for Applications!

If you are interested in studying magic, or teaching your skills to the next generation of mages, this prestigious new institution may be the place for you.

Students and professors alike benefit from a variety of facilities such as

- A mana potion a day, for those essence-intense rituals;
- Unique courses in scroll creation and extending awareness of the magical forces around us;
- A series of courses in the magics of Water, Fire, Earth, Air, Shadow, Light or Meta;
- Access to an extensive library and some of the greatest minds Velmaneth has to offer
And much, much more

**VACANCIES**VACANCIES**VACANCIES**

The Arcane University is seeking professors in the areas of Life, Death and potentially Null magics.

For a prospectus, further information or to apply for a teaching post or as a student, contact Principal Keladry Wright, or simply drop in today.
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar
Gizmo - Light Elf Sorc/crafter, Captain of the Nomads, friend to rocks
Cinder - Efreet scout, High Priest of Eternity

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Re: All around the Arcane University and surrounding area...

Postby Will » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:12 am

**In a swirl of smoke Feerian materialises in the grounds. He still clutches tight to a rather shabby but clearly precious sign. He looks completely exhausted, swaying slightly on the spot. Raising a hand above his head he sends a bolt of lightning into the air and cries out**

"Kel? Sylas?!"

**He then falls to the ground, shaking, eyes wide but perhaps feeling safer to be near friends who could care for him in a rare moment of weakness**
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Brave Sir Robin

Postby Brave Sir Robin » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:07 am

In the blink of an eye Ishmael has appeared next to Feerian, having been working in his office overlooking the grounds. He rushes over to his friend, already reaching for him. [DNOW, DS] "Feerian, what is wrong?"
I'm no geek, some of my best friends are in RL.
--------------------------------------------------------
Ishmael Kor

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:30 pm

[No injuries]

**Feerian looks up at Ishmael**

"Ah... good... err... I think I've used too much magic and am quite burned out... um, I think I need a good safe place to rest for a few hours"
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Brave Sir Robin

Postby Brave Sir Robin » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:21 am

"Of course. We always have spare rooms for visiting professors. Since I don't know if the Dean's offices have been set up for you yet, that's a better bet."

Ishmael begins to usher Feerian inside. He tries to assess the state of his friend, he hasn't seen Feerian this agitated unless things are going pretty badly.

"Are you sure there is nothing else I can help you with?"
I'm no geek, some of my best friends are in RL.
--------------------------------------------------------
Ishmael Kor

Luke

Postby Luke » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:52 am

Emmett, mostly from boredom, ran outside to help Ishmael. He smiled at Feerian, knowing that he could rbably us this moment later to get him to be more polite...

Here let me help you.

He helped to carry Ferrian inside, if he would let him.

Well, at least this whole thing is exciting!! and on the bright side... we get another person to chip in for lunch

He grinned wide. Blind optimsm cured EVERYTHING.
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:03 pm

**Feerian groans as he is led away, though cheered at the thought of food**

"Actually, I was hoping to establish a new base for the Sentinels here..."

**He holds out the sign**

"Erathil probably wouldn't have been keen on us keeping our old location in one of his forts..."

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:22 pm

The sign is white, wooden, about two feet square with a curving golden line from east to west and painted in black the words "The Never Holt". Below this, in smaller lettering:

We are the Sentinels of the Cosmic Path
Too long have we kept our actions and motives from the outside world.
We have sworn our lives and our destinies to this world, we serve it and all those who live in it.
We welcome you into our house
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:28 pm

Kel, sporting a new green-and-black scarf around her neck, rounds the corner just as he says this, stopping short when she sees Feerian looking so uncharacteristically worn down and clutching the sign she recognised from her brief trip to The Never Holt with Yashmanar. Helping to support his weight, she bustles him along with Ishmael and Emmett to the dining hall.

Feerian! Are you alright? When you say 'here' do you mean Ingolé, or the uni specifically? If so, we haven't converted the East Wing properly yet and you'd be welcome to use it as a base for the Sentinels - it was going to be the Alchemy and Blowing Things Up Wing, but we haven't actually got any alchemists yet, and I'm sure we can bring Scorch around if it was to be used for such a good cause. Otherwise, I'm sure Silas or I can sort something out for you in the city.
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:19 pm

*walking through down, skipping every few steps the strange figure dressed all in red and black halted while on his merry way, rolling back a few steps as his masked face slowly turned to look at the poster nailed onto the wall , humming slowly as he read the advertisement before rubbing his cheek slowly*
"sounds interesting eh? new friends to play with, magic to learn and free potions, we could use a stable home for a while, I think we are running low on taverns to visit, what do you think?
"tehehe of course its a good idea, that’s why I told you to read it fool, now why don’t we dance our way over there, I cant wait to see the dreams these mages can come up with, all that power and imagination, oooo I can almost smell the fun we could have there"

*giggling to himself he span on one leg in a complete circle before striding towards the university , singing out of tune as he went. taking most of the day to reach the university due to his sense of direction and the inability to resist a good tavern to weave his tales in, walking up he stood in awe of the grand structure in front of him, eyeing a young peasant boy walking past he walked up behind him softly muttering under his breath strange words heard only in the whispers of dreams // Glamour soul 8 // *
"why hello there little one, you’re a good boy aren’t you? Always do what adults tell you to right hehehe? Now listen closely boy, your mummy and daddy will be very proud of you if you walk into the university there and find Principal Keladry Wright, and tell her a new student is eager to meet her and he’s waiting outside the main entrance. I bet if you do this your get a special treat when you get home, or a surprise one day yes hehe, now off you run, don’t want to be bumbling around all day off with you, and feel free to ask for directions when your in there, you can always trust on adults to help you."

*watching the young lad run off happily into the building Incognito laughed to himself, did a little pirouette and sat down on the nearest bench*
"did we really have to use that kid, amusing as it was?....well I guess he did learn how to be a good boy and will be happy at home, maybe we should find him one day and drop some rava under his pillow while he’s sleeping as a surprise? That sounds like a fair trade to me.”
"oooooo what a marvelous idea, I do love to see the dreams of children, such joy and wonder in their lives, no one will ever no such bliss again hehe, not a care in the world, such gifted little creatures"

*drifting off into a self involved conversation, he Jester like figure sat there awating the arrival of hopefully their new Principle, debating how long they should wait before giving the little boy his reward or if it would be more fun to “convince” his parents to treat him.*

((Incognito))
I'm not a big fat monster...... I'm THE Big Fat Monster
Sonny "McCuddles" Bigwood ((185))

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:11 pm

When the child enters, an orderly stops him.

"Hello, little boy, what can I do for you? Are you lost?"

On hearing the child's mission, the orderly's benevolent smile fades. He walks suspiciously out to the waiting figure.

"What do you want with the principle? She's busy"

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:53 pm

*seeing the orderly leave the building, he looked up to greet the person, rising to his feet before performing a rather over the top bow, swinging his arms high and then back like someone preparing dive into a lake before looking back up, waving to the small child as he walked off, the smiling mask he was wearing seeming to smile even more*
“Arrr what a tragic shame, we were hoping to meet the principle in person, well I guess introductions can wait until she is ready to greet us, fate has conspired to postpone our meeting for now it seems.”
“We are here to enquire if we could join your glorious establishment and study at this monumental temple of learning. As of this goal of ours we want to ask a question if we may? What must we do to acquire a position on these grounds?”

((Incognito))

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:22 am

"Ah. As a rule, sending in messengers to try and get the Principal alone outside of the safety of the university building is considered 'suspicious behaviour.' Essentially, if you can cast magic, you can learn here. I'll take you up to her now, though you might have a bit of a wait."

The orderly turns and walks back to the main entrance, indicating for the masked man to follow him.

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:28 pm

“Suspicious eh? What a shame, we were just having ourselves a little bit of fun , there was no harm intended there, but yes yes please lead on we are eager to see this wonderful establishment”

*taking another small bow Incognito followed behind the orderly, copying his steps exactly except for the odd wave of the arms to regain his balance from the odd stops, happily taking in the views*

“It seems our meeting wasn’t purposed that much, so friend, what can you tell us of this house of learning, it must have tales woven of its mystery and magic?”

((Incognito))

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:06 am

The orderly talked as briskly as he walked, glaring warningly at the masked man when he looked like he was about to touch something valuable.
"The university was founded around eight months ago by Keladry Wright, in memory of the great mage Kar who died defending Varya. We are still small, but growing fast, with twelve members of staff and a growing number of students. Our library is extensive, and the building is undergoing extensive renovation to make it suited to all the colours of magic. We operate a strict anti-bullying policy - anyone caught attacking others or practising harmful shadow or death magic - which includes all types of domination - on a member of the university not healed by or immune to it outside of a controlled classroom environment would incur the wrath of the Principal. I've never seen her angry, but I wouldn't want to risk it.
"Students are expected to remember that they are ambassadors for the university and conduct themselves accordingly. There is also a small matter of fees. Furthermore, the lecturers here are giving their knowledge out of the kindness of their hearts and their desire to spread the knowledge they have gained; treat them with respect. In return for this, you will be provided with a mana potion a day when you're out in the world, and taught how to scribe scrolls. If you pay close attention in your lectures, you may also find you pick up some of the smaller spells. We're here.'

With that, the guard turns and knocks on a door with a plaque on it announcing it to be the Principal's office. A frazzled-looking young woman emerges, pale and clad in green and black armour with the symbol of the Telerfret displayed prominently on her chest.

What can I do for you?

Return to “Ingole”