Wandering the corridors of the Arcane University

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Niamh

Re: Wandering the corridors of the Arcane University

Postby Niamh » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:14 pm

After putting out the tapestry fire, by pulling it down and stamping on it, and making a mental note to ensure that Irises was accomodated far, far away from the fire department when she arrived, Kel stoops slightly to inspect the seed, slightly singed and out of breath from her fire-fighting shenanigans.

It's very beautiful - I hope it grows into something magnificent for you. But no melting or evaporating people while you're here, OK? It's not nice - how would you like it if I decided to cover you in water just because I thought it was funny? I'm sure you are very good at it though...Scorch, you can access the roof above this wing, is four storeys high enough? And I'll work on finding those blocks of ice for you - I know that your research is very interesting and useful, but if I find you encouraging inter-elemental violence, we'll be having words...
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar
Gizmo - Light Elf Sorc/crafter, Captain of the Nomads, friend to rocks
Cinder - Efreet scout, High Priest of Eternity

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:37 pm

At the comment of "Competition" by Scorch, Vanathanun seems to actually smile...for a moment. Then the usual chilly appaerance that seems to border on ice returns and he nods.

At Kel's words, Vana whistles in a very obvious kind of way, and tries to look innocent, but this merely looks silly and funny, showing the more comical side of the elf. He smiles again at Scorch when he suggests a demonstration.

I'll look forward to it...Anyway, I think I shall pay a visit to the water based side of the school...I have no talent for fire, though perhaps some friendly competition IS in order? Though, I do wonder if its physically possible for me to, say, freeze the Proffessor or not? I doubt it would be wise to try, but I cant help but WONDER...ah well, I hope to learn much from you all...

He gives a ghost of a smile and starts to wander off, deep in thought...
Now, where is that library...
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

Huw

Postby Huw » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:49 pm

As the small Efreet turns away, Azael lowers his hand, takes a step away from the Scorch and Singe and turns to Kel.

"Elemental...politics aside, Kel, I've got a couple of things to ask you. Do you have an office, or something similar?" He reaches into his bag and pulls out a roll of parchment which he holds on the other side of his body to the two Efreet.
Last edited by Huw on Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ancálimon y Festaer y Helyanwe, Alchemist
Azael Bannon, Telefret High Mage
Fox, Shaman of the Tsimshian

It's only a game.

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:20 pm

Vanathanun, the library is on the ground floor, the door on the right-hand side of the entrance hall. The password to get in is 'Dreth'Kar' - it's not that we don't welcome everyone through its doors, but we have some fairly valuable texts and we wouldn't want them to come to mischief. Azael, my office is just around the corner - shall we?

Kel nods politely to the motley asembly in the corridor, and <assuming Azael follows her> walks towards her office.
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar

Huw

Postby Huw » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:14 pm

Azael nods to the Efreeti and the back of the water elf before heading off to keep pace with Kel.
Ancálimon y Festaer y Helyanwe, Alchemist
Azael Bannon, Telefret High Mage
Fox, Shaman of the Tsimshian

It's only a game.

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:28 pm

rachel

Postby rachel » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:57 pm

Singe seems unconcerned by Kel's reprimand, though it calms her down a little.

"I only hurt the winter elf because she said she wanted to torture Ishmael. I didn't eat Rail, and he looked tasty. I saved his baby."

She smiles proudly at this heroic action, then precedes to twist and flicker around her brother, pleased with the compliments about her seed and her ability to burn people. Waving goodbye to Kel and Azeal, she turns to him.

"I'm hungry! Let's go eat pie from the kitchens. It's tasty! Did you see what Sylas's letter said?"
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

Edd

Postby Edd » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:34 am

Scorch puts his arm around Singe and smiles at her.

"I didn't see what Sylas' letter said, no. Was it anything important? To the kitchens then, and pie it is...though I can't help notice that it always tastes burnt..."

He leads her away to the kitchens.
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

Return to “Ingole”