Wandering the corridors of the Arcane University

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

rachel

Wandering the corridors of the Arcane University

Postby rachel » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:28 pm

A small girl made from flickering flames strolls down one of the corridors, a large grin lighting up her strange firey face. Her body dances and twists in obvious excitment as she searches for someone, occasionally called out a name.

"Sylas! Ishmael!"
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

Brave Sir Robin

Re: Wandering the corridors of the Arcane University

Postby Brave Sir Robin » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:35 am

Ishmael comes out of one of the many doors lining the corridor. He has a bunch of papers in his hand and seems to be rushing between places, yet as soon as he sees the young efreet he stops, a wide grin spreading across his face.

"Hello Singe, how are you? Are you looking for Scorch? I'm sure he was around here... somewhere."
I'm no geek, some of my best friends are in RL.
--------------------------------------------------------
Ishmael Kor

rachel

Postby rachel » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:53 pm

Singe bursts into fits of gleeful giggles and skips around the corridor in delight, making black soot marks along the walls where she brushes against them.

"Ishmael!! I found you and you're alive! Have you seen your children yet? Are they ok?"

She darts about excitedly.

" I'm hiding from Scorch because he says I'm not allowed to come here on my own because I'll burn the books. But I wanted to find you and Sylas. Sylas promised me a forest of my own when he was rich. And now he is, so he's going to give me a forest in Ingolé. Don't tell Scorch I'm here! "

Suddenly pausing for breath, she takes a huge gulp of air. Her flaming body dies down to a warm, bright glow, and she throws herself at her friend, hugging him happily.
Characters:
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))

Edd

Postby Edd » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:57 pm

Almost as if on cue, there is a loud explosion from a nearby room. Smoke starts to drift out from under the bottom of the door, and soon it is opened as a number of stunned looking students covered in soot shuffle from the room. Fire Magics 101 seemed to almost always end up this way ever since its new Efreeti teacher.

The fire elemental stuck his head out of the room, shouting after his students:

"So...um...yes.....the Fire Storm of the fifth circle does have the potential to blow up a classroom.....good question Evans. I'd like all of you to write me a 2000 word essay on the other practical uses of the Fire Storm spell..."

Once the smoke has cleared and his class dispersed Scorch noticed his sister and friend. His face flickers with a disapproving look as to his sisters presence, but then turns to genuine happiness to see her. As he scalds her, there is no anger in his voice.

"Young lady...I thought I told you to stay with your sister...." he sighs, smiling "but I'm glad to see you. Is Cinder here too?"
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

rachel

Postby rachel » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:39 pm

At the sight of her brother, Singe frantically starts to cast, edging around Ishmael so as not to be seen. She is not quick enough. At the sound Scorch rebuking her, she lowers her eyes to the floor, seeming sorry for maybe a second before she looks up again, grinning.

"I got bored. I don't know where Cinder is; she wandered off too. But look, I found Ishmael!"

She reaches for the desert man's hand, forgetting to hold her breath in her glee.
Characters:

Dom

Postby Dom » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:58 pm

At this point Sylas wanders out of the office Ishmael came from. This promotes a look of confusion on his face, as it was empty when he left it. Sylas smiles at the gathered group but makes a beeline for Singe.

About that wood I promised. I’ve had some of the best druids working on special trees. Its in its early stages, but here is one of the seeds.

He carefully holds out a rather large walnut looking thing that is almost copper in colour. Holding it with only two fingers he drops it into Singe’s palm at which point it burst into flame.

Now try and burn that, do your best!
"I genuinely have never enjoyed an event so much" Ben 08/09
"Never enough dead players" Will 2011
"Cutting off people's faces is Sick!" Malven aka Flash 2011
http://www.jitsu.me/Home.html

Brave Sir Robin

Postby Brave Sir Robin » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:07 am

Ishmael quietly answers Singe's first question

"Yes, thank you, Singe they are well. The Kor survived the mist with very little trouble."

He gives the young efreety a hug, simply watching as the others converse.

He slaps out the tiny fire on his hand rapidly, smiling at Singe, not resenting her absent mindedness.

He merely raises his eyebrow at Sylas' emergence and observes interestedly as he shows Singe his research.
Ishmael Kor

Luke

Postby Luke » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:18 pm

GOOD MORNING ALL!!

the voice came from a rather normal looking man, grinning as he waltzed into the corridor, responding to all the noise...

How are we all today? Happy? Smiling? I ended my class early, they clouded the room in mists and kept falling over the tables...

What time is everyone going for lunch?

he turns and smiles at his friend Ishmael

ahh I don't suppose anyone would
mind helping me with a bit of a project later would you? I want to see if I can figure out how to split
lightning like I did before...
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

rachel

Postby rachel » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:57 pm

Singe dances and sways in almost uncontainable excitment at the sight of so many friends in one place and the fact they are happy to see her. When Sylas places a seed in her hand she becomes even more ecstatic. Grinning half apologetically at Ishmael for burning him, she wraps her small fingers around the large seed and concentrates. Her fist becomes suddenly expands into a ball of flame. Beaming, she holds out her hand towards Scorch.

"Want to help?"
Characters:

Brave Sir Robin

Postby Brave Sir Robin » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:10 am

"Emmet, of course. I don't think I have any classes for a little while, we could certainly find a way to help you."
Ishmael Kor

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:11 pm

**A letter is delivered by an armoured man bearing the brown checkered tabard of the Larkant**

To Lord Sylas, Haran of the Telerfret

As I am sure you are aware, Erathil has returned. He has reclaimed the forts of Pathway and the Heartlands. Even now he draws his army to him. I ask you to come to Fort Drake where my armies prepare for the worst.

Uthred, Lord Haran of the Larkant
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Dom

Postby Dom » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:42 pm

Sylas reads the letter then hands it to Emet.

If im not busy i will go my self but can you make arangements that a representative of ours is sent. Keladri maybe?
"I genuinely have never enjoyed an event so much" Ben 08/09
"Never enough dead players" Will 2011
"Cutting off people's faces is Sick!" Malven aka Flash 2011
http://www.jitsu.me/Home.html

Luke

Postby Luke » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:58 am

No problem...

Emmett smiled,
Maybe they have a plan to stop him... or maybe they've alredy stopped him... maybe they ar inviting you to a celebration?

Emmett rolled up the note and made his way to the principals office, he didn't know why but he always felt slightly nervous about knocking on the door... it wasn't that Kel was scary... she wasn't... he just couldn't place it...

The human moved quickly down the corridor, saying a cheery goodbye to those assembled.

He walked past the windows... it really was such a nice day.
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

rachel

Postby rachel » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:15 pm

Singe reads the letter over the top of Sylas's shoulder, standing on her tiptoes. Her eyes gleam with interest, but she says nothing outloud. Instead she peers at the flaming seed in her hand, waving to Emmett as he leaves.
Characters:

Edd

Postby Edd » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:30 pm

Scorch keeps his eye on the flaming seed for a few seconds.

"Mighty powers of fire at my command, make this flame grow and dance to my tune!" ((Waxing flames))

He then proceeds to cast multiple fire darts and bolts at it in quick succession for about a minute...then he pants from the effort, and stops casting to see if he's had any effect...
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

Return to “Ingole”