Wandering the corridors of the Arcane University

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Huw

Re: Wandering the corridors of the Arcane University

Postby Huw » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:05 pm

A human in a blue jacket, carrying a red bag stops and looks at the blackened sections of the wall opposite Scorch, just where he was about to walk.
"...Impressive." He says, after a pause, a wary look in his eyes.
"I'm sorry, who is in charge of this university? I'm interested in signing up."
Ancálimon y Festaer y Helyanwe, Alchemist
Azael Bannon, Telefret High Mage
Fox, Shaman of the Tsimshian

It's only a game.

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:44 am

A water elf, dressed entirely in blue, as if there wasnt enough on his before hand, walks in about the same time, holding a letter from the Head of the University. In the other hand is a staff, almost predictably. He keeps a fair distance away from the flame wrapped humaniods and simply says in a tone that somehow has a chill to it:

Vanathanun. Im a student here now. Nice to meet you. Dont throw fire at me.

He doesnt exactly glare, but frowning didnt quite cover it...
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

Dom

Postby Dom » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:13 pm

The fire around the seed grows giving the impression that it is consumed but as scorch calms down the fire dies down to a flicker and the seed is the same as before.

"Clever isnt it. It feeds on the heat from the fire but we are stuggling to get it to grow in normal soil. Someone suggested peat and setting that on fire, it just doesnt last long enough. That ones yours little one, see if you can get it to sprout."

Sylas then makes a ironic saulte and wanders back into Ishmels office.
"I genuinely have never enjoyed an event so much" Ben 08/09
"Never enough dead players" Will 2011
"Cutting off people's faces is Sick!" Malven aka Flash 2011
http://www.jitsu.me/Home.html

rachel

Postby rachel » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:16 pm

Singe grins in delight.

"Thank you Sylas!" She holds her breath for a moment, hestitates, then throws her arms around him, before quickly letting go and dancing around again. "See you later."

She sticks her tongue out at the water elf, then skips over the human. "Hello. I'm Singe. My big brother Scorch is in charge. Pleased to meet you." She hold out a flaming hand for him to shake, beaming gleefully.
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

Edd

Postby Edd » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:46 pm

Scorch seems disgruntled at his inability to burn the seed. He seems even more disgruntled at the water elf telling him what to do.

"First off, apprentice, have some respect for not only your betters, but also your tutors, thank you very much. I will throw fire at whomever I like. Also you missed out the magic word. It's 'oh no, please don't make me evaporate Professor Scorch.'"

He turns to his sister, patting her on the shoulder. (OOC: Ignite)

"Remember to hold your breath, or you'll burn him." he says looking up at the human, "And can I have a look a that seed? I have a few more spells I would like to try..." There is a gleam in his eyes...more so that usual for a creature with fire for eyes...
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:30 pm

The water elf in question raises an eyebrow at the two flaming humanoids. Most of the time, he had a habit of avoiding anything to do with fire...it seemed to be in bad humour since his God died. However, as long as they stayed friendly, he could put up with it...though one of them was already starting to annoy him.

Holding in his cold anger and resisting the urge to water cannon the proffessor, reminding himself that such a thing would be a horrible abuse of his powers and make him no better than the Efeeti that had just wasted his power.

Well then, "please" do not throw fire at me, sir. However, please do not talk down to me either...I have a rather short temper, and a cold anger to go with it. And besides, I wouldnt evaporate before you went out...Im sure if I were a Winter elf, Id fear you though. I respect your spirit, if nothing else right now.

The elf nodded again, then looked away, apparently losing interest.
Last edited by Blue mage on Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Huw

Postby Huw » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:40 pm

Azael holds out his hand to Singe, though stops short of touching a burning object. He cocks his head to one side thoughtfully at the sight of creatures made of fire.

It's only a game.

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:37 pm

Having left Feerian to his cider and copious amounts of food, Kel made to return to her office - no one had told her being principal of the university would involve so much paperwork...she'd have to start delegating...Still in this train of thought, she almost bumps into Scorch, narrowly escaping setting herself alight. Though somewhat taken aback by the small crowd in the as-yet relatively sparsely populated uni, she instantly recognises Azael from Varya, and assumes the aloof water elf must be the university's most recent addition. She goes to shake the elf's hand.

So nice to meet you - Vanathanun, I presume? I'm Kel, Principal. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know. My office is just around the corner, and I'm never too busy to chat.

Turning to the human, she greets him less formally.

Azael! How have you been? Are you here to join the uni? You would of course be welcome if you ever wanted to be a student here.

She turns her attention to the two Efreeti, surreptitiously tucking her rather flammable notebook safely into her beltpouch

Hello - you must be Singe? What's that you have there? Scorch, I was meaning to talk to you about the plans for the blowing-things-up wing...

Finally, she beams around at the four - three races, two opposing elements, a mix of ages, genders and skill sets, and no explosions, fights or animosity. Lovely.

It's so nice to see everyone getting along so well - Emmett must be so proud to see all this elemental awareness!
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar
Gizmo - Light Elf Sorc/crafter, Captain of the Nomads, friend to rocks
Cinder - Efreet scout, High Priest of Eternity

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:41 pm

Vana seems a bit taken back by the sudden politeness and the break up from the tension, but shakes Kel's hand and manages a smile.
Urm, yes...hello M'lady...good to meet you, thank you...And yes, we're getting along fine...

He takes this moment to scoot away from the two flaming humanoids in a way that is completely contrary to what he has just said, almost humorously.

Huw

Postby Huw » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:47 pm

<Are there any obvious signs that Kel is undead or a vampire?>

It's only a game.

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:54 pm

<She's a bit pale and is wearing a scarf around her neck. Also, she's standing as far away from any natural light sources in the corridor as she subtly can. So, if you were particularly paranoid about that sort of thing and/or had heard rumours, then probably - if not, it's probably look like she's had a messy night out or something.>

Deliberately turning a blind eye to Vanathanun's jest, she continues earnestly.

That's just great - knowledge shared is knowledge explored, and I always think it's silly that people irrationally hate each other based on their element or race. Yes, you could put Scorch out, but why would you when he could tell you such interesting things? And he could probably evaporate you, but what would be the point when you've got all so much information, and I gather, some very interesting research proposals, stored in your head? It's just senseless....
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar

Edd

Postby Edd » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:10 pm

Before Kel arrives, Scorch grins at Vana, ((on a sense power, he appears to only be down 2 essence, should it be relevant)) " Veiled threats aside, you could not put me out. Also, as professor here, there is a certain respect due to me, also you should curb a certain attitude that will impede your progress here should it continue. Nothing like a bit of healthy competition though...." he adds thoughtfully.

As Kel arrives he is nods, still not hiding his distaste for the creature made of water. He flares up excitedly at the mention of the blowing things up wing, and then looks from himself, to Singe, to Vana, confused, as Kel mentions everyone getting along.

"I don't think he could put me out...I mean...er....yes...right.....the blowing things up wing...well, if you take a look in my classroom at the moment, that is how I envisage the wing a lot of the time." as he points over to the smouldering classroom, the charred door picks this time to crumble into ash. "I can always give a demonstration too..." his eyes flicker to Vana as he says this, a mischievous grin on his face.

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:27 pm

Atttempting to mask her horror at the state of the classroom (it's silent study directly below here - they'll be having kittens, and i'm fairly certain that's not on the syllabus...and I was going to give Feerian an office up there, the floor probably won't be structurally sound any more..., Kel's smile became increasingly fixed and toothy...

Fantastic! It's wonderful that your classes are so...hands-on...fire...yes, if we do go through with those plans for the wing, we'll have to look into more permanent solution for making the building fire-proof than that nifty spell you've got. I'll maybe talk to Sylas about a ritual of some sort...And I'll make sure the water department remains on the opposite side of the building - Vanathanun, if you pop to my office there's a pile of prospecta on the desk, I don't think I ever sent you one. It's the second door on the left.

Edd

Postby Edd » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:53 pm

Unaccustomed to human emotions, thus not understanding Kel's reaction was faked, Scorch becomes more and more excited, burning brighter and more powerfully. Without realising the tapestry behind him catches alight. Nodding in his enthusiasm, he starts chattering away...

"It's all because I felt the need to express the power of the Fire Storm spell. After that incident where the pupil threw himself out of the window because of a mis-hap with Burning Apperition, I did tell you about that, didn't I? I moved here - furthest point from the library, so I couldn't burn books by accident. I feel that the syllabus needs more work on the internal combustion spell, and how am I meant to give the apprentices appreciation of the fire bolt spell when I only have a term for 'offensive elemental spells'. Oh yes, we're going to need a field or tower of some sort to get the practical for Wings of Fire sorted, and the blocks of ice for 'how to get rid of a winter elf who annoys you' extra curricular class. The good thing with that is that it will double as 'water elves who annoy you' for the term after..."

He continues to babble on, more to himself than anyone in particular...

rachel

Postby rachel » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:35 pm

It becomes obvious that burning this human is exactly what Singe had been intending to do, as she sighs at her brother's remark, then giggles and touches Scorch's arm. (OOC: Ignite)

"It's my seed; Sylas gave it to me," she reminds him joyfully. "But maybe you can borrow it."

At the water elf's threat, her expression of delight suddenly changes to one of childish anger. She starts to mutter under her breath, but before she can finish casting, Kel appears. She grins when the woman speaks to her, pleased to have been noticed, and shows her the seed.

"It's mine; Sylas gave it to me. It's going to grow into a tree that I can set alight as much as I want and it'll never burn down, for my forest that Sylas promised me before he was made Haran. He wished to be really rich, and I wished for chocolate pudding, and both the wishes came true."

She glances at the water elf, seems about to say something, then becomes distracted by her brother's talk on fire. As he becomes more excited, she does too, become brighter and hotter until she is twisting and dancing with elation.

"Can I help with the getting rid of winter elves who annoy you lesson, oh can I Scorch?! I'm brilliant at that. I was better than you AND Cinder, and I got 2 million efreet points, and I was so fast that no one saw me at all!"
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

Return to “Ingole”