Ingolé - A Great Telefret returnes

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

spsblue

Ingolé - A Great Telefret returnes

Postby spsblue » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:39 pm

It is early afternoon in Ingolé and therefore there are many people around the streets of the city. However, not many people have occasion to look upwards and see the speck of blue and red rapidly falling through the sky.

Those who notice it and track its trejectory realise it is going to impact somewhere around the Emperor's palace gardens - and that it is rapidly turning out to be a well built humanoid figure in an impressive cloak, although they quickly realise they cannot make out details because the figure is lying on its back with his face directly upwards.

THUD

The body lands in an ornamental flowerbed - but is surprisingly undamaged. It is indeed Kerrigan.
Andy Cooper or
Kestrel Updraft (Avian scholar)
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)
Corporal Cynrick DEAD (3)
Fionan Druce (Life Elf Druid)
WOA: Jasper Methlar (Telefret High Mage)

bedevere

Re: Ingolé - A Great Telefret returnes

Postby bedevere » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:38 pm

*The Emperor arrives fairly soon after word reaches him. He examines things efficiently but thoroughly*

Hmm. No soul attached to the corpse. Clearly Kerrigan though, I recognise his forged licence. All standard avenues of magical investigation reasonably well covered.

*He thinks for a moment, before nodding to an aide*

It is as you said. Send for a non magical expert.

*A short time later, a figure wearing a black hooded robe, no part of their body exposes to the daylight, arrives. They say nothing, but begin examining the area and the corpse. After a while, they seem satisfied that they have found all they are going to, and turn to give their report, in a rasping voice*

They fell from a great height. Consistent with his favourite mode of transportation, to walk on the air and teleport to where he could see. It is his body, but it is hollow inside. Until I can move it properly, I cannot tell if it has been weighted down. There has been some... treatment, to prevent damage or decay, most likely. I can have this analysed of course, and I will be sure to let you know the exact nature of this. Beyond that, there are few immediate clues. I might be able to locate his last position on the ground, if you let me have his clothing. That assumes he was in this realm previously, of course. He was known for travelling between realms, even before... well, you know...

*The figure glances back to Kerrigans remains, as the Emperor replies to him*

Whatever did this, I would be most interested in seeing it stopped. Kerrigan was erratic, but he was useful at times. I will conduct further investigations, and may call on your services again, if anything further is uncovered, or if your analysis turns up anything significant. You are dismissed.

*The hood of the black figure bobs slightly, presumably nodding. A few moments later, and they vanish. The Emperor looks to the remains, and sighs*

Just as I had gotten things properly organised here. Ah well. *He looks to the attendants* You can clear this up now, and then, summon the gardener.
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:14 pm

**A letter is delivered by an armoured man bearing the brown checkered tabard of the Larkant**

To the Emperor of Humanity

As I am sure you are aware, Erathil has returned. He has reclaimed the forts of Pathway and the Heartlands. Even now he draws his army to him. If you are able, I ask you to attend Fort Drake where my armies prepare for the worst.

Uthred, Lord Haran of the Larkant
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

bedevere

Postby bedevere » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:33 pm

*When this message reaches the Emperor, he reads it, sighs, and begins making preparations.*
So then he goes, YOU SHALL NOT PASS, and I say "I've got WINGS? I can FLY?" It was hilarious! The dwarf was tough, but the elf was delicious and they had some men and these four bite-sized guys, too. The wizard was fuming when I flew off.

Return to “Ingole”