An office in the Arcane University

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Niamh

An office in the Arcane University

Postby Niamh » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:27 pm

Tiptoeing around mounds of books and scrolls, Kel takes a seat at the rather messy desk, clearing paperwork and books off another chair as she goes and gesturing for Azeal to sit.

Sorry about the mess, you know how it is...paper seems to breed...So, Azael. What can I do for you?
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar
Gizmo - Light Elf Sorc/crafter, Captain of the Nomads, friend to rocks
Cinder - Efreet scout, High Priest of Eternity

Huw

Re: An office in the Arcane University

Postby Huw » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:45 pm

Azael sits, placing the rolled up piece of parchment on his lap.

"First and foremost: I'd like to join the university, and presumably need to sign something, and find out when classes are. I've already found somewhere nearby to stay. Who is it that teaches what subject?"
"Also, I've seen these posted all over town," he says, unrolling the parchment to reveal a large poster:

Calling all people of the wise Telafret nation. Your land needs you!
Your Haran has called all honest and law-abiding citizens who seek to improve their lot to sign up to a national regester.
Those that sign up will be gifted with R1 per week for as long as they stay on the the regester.
Many will not be called on ever, but some may be asked to aid their nation in times of great need.
Should someone be called on they and their family will be richly rewarded and their children and loved ones can expect a scholorship to our fine university.
To sign up simply take the details of your home and work address and the names of you and your family to your local mallitia station.
Long live the Haran and long may our nation be first among the peoples of the known world

"As Haran, do you know what it's about? I presume you had something to do with it - not the spelling mistakes, obviously - but 1r a week to sign up to a register? Telerfret aren't that absent-minded, are they?"
Last edited by Huw on Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ancálimon y Festaer y Helyanwe, Alchemist
Azael Bannon, Telefret High Mage
Fox, Shaman of the Tsimshian

It's only a game.

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:01 pm

You are of course welcome to join, it's really not that formal...I'll write your name down...here...

at this she rummages slightly desperately through the desk, locates a slightly tattered piece of paper, and scrawls something on it.

And hey presto! You're in. I'm the professor of water, Ishmael does meta, Scorch who you've met is the earth professor...kidding, earth is taught by Erathis, I'm sure you've guessed what Scorch teaches, Mungo and Quayle co-lecture in Life, as Mungo isn't able to get into the uni much, erm...Irises teaches death, Emmett is in charge of air, Kestrel lectures in light, and Talia in Shadow. I think that's everyone. There's also various other people who have status here, and several students like you. This should give you some idea of how we work

At this point she holds out a brightly printed prospectus for him to take.

Erm...that scroll...I had a little bit of an accident with some daggers and briefly died about a month ago...so I'm not Haran any more, a chap named Sylas is instead. So the spelling mistakes are nothing to do with me! But neither's this whole scheme. You'd have to talk to him about it, I'm afraid.
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar

Huw

Postby Huw » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:27 pm

Azael pauses and regards Kel.

"You...died?"
Last edited by Huw on Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It's only a game.

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:19 am

Slightly, yeah - but it's all good, I came back after about two days. My sources tell me my murderer was herself murdered in that new Fey place that's just popped up, so there's nothing to worry about. So, anything else you wanted to talk about regarding the university?

Huw

Postby Huw » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:04 pm

" 'Died', slightly?" He narrows his eyes, but takes the prospectus from her.

"I'd like to know - are you - I mean, you look now that I'm sitting here..."

"- The person who teaches Death - I've never heard of them. Do you...know them?"

It's only a game.

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:38 pm

Kel scoffs and fiddles with her scarf

You know how it is, adventurers come back from the dead all the time, part of being a hero. Look at Marcus, he died about five times before permanently going to the Hope wastes. And Aquilla died several times too. I was one of three who have come back from the dead during our week spent at the Fort - a creature named Bamf, and our professor of earth, Erathis, have both been resurrected as well.

Irises? I met her in Fort Drake - she had nothing to do with my return though. I'm sure I don't know what you're trying to suggest. She is rather...eccentric, shall we say, but i have been assured that she will not use her powers to harm anyone here in body, mind or soul, so fingers crossed she'll turn out to be worth the risk. Was it her lecture series you were thinking of attending?

Huw

Postby Huw » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:01 pm

His mouth falls open.

"Fingers crossed? You're leting someone - someone who you've called "a bit eccentric" teach Death magic to all and sundry and you say - you say, fingers crossed!? A-

He waves his hands briefly, fingers spread out, then seems to collapse.

"Yes. Yes, I was - am - going to go to the lectures on Death. Thanks, it's been, good, to see you again."

He gets up to leave.

It's only a game.

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:11 pm

Not to all and sundry, in fact you'll be her first student and I don't think she's arrived on campus. I believe in trusting people, and I don't believe in badmouthing my teachers to new entrants to the university. If you have any complaints about her teaching or professional conduct, please let me know. Otherwise, it's been lovely to see you again, and I hope you have an excellent learning experience here. Thank you.

Kel gets up and walks to the door, as stiffly as one can when attempting to avoid a paper avalanche, and politely holds it open for him.

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:16 am

Much later...

Amavaine reaches the window of Principal Kel's office and peers in to see if she is there.
(WoA): 'Lia' Goldmoon; Light elf Celebrant of Lenamo
Kendra; Cat, Curious, - and ALIVE!
Mirya Sohail; High Mage and expatriate
'Rilla' Moonheart; "Bad-Ass Life Elf" - ?!?!?!
Amavaine Kalythaer; Elven/Avian Sorceress

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:36 pm

Catching a movement out of the corner of her eye, Kel looks up from her desk - which had been arranged so that she can see both the window and door at all times - and sees the strange creature she had only seemed to frighten and offend in their last meeting. Cautiously, she goes and opens the window.
Amavaine. I trust you're feeling better now? How can I help you? Come in

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:32 pm

Amavaine lands and sits on the windowsill, her legs inside the room, her wings furled, though she still gives an impression of one ready to flee at a moment's notice.

"Yes, a little thank you. I'm sorry if I caused any trouble, but the fiery ones, they-they frighten me. I-I'd really like to stay here and see some of the magic; I love watching magic and learning about it, but I promised my Lord and I can't let him down. Besides, I can't expect you to protect me from the fiery people all the time; you have a lot to do if you have to look after this whole place."

She hesitates for a moment and lowers her voice

"Lady, you said you might know someone who knows about the Chalice of Eremine? I-I really need to know"

~Amavaine~

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:05 pm

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better now. And I am here to look after this whole place - including frightened Amavaines! So don't worry about that. The chalice of Eremine - we created a copy of it, but it was destroyed. I realise that sounds somewhat sacrilegious, but we needed it for a ritual which was very important. However, although I am led to believe that the true chalice was located, and used to restore the jewel, I am afraid I was...indisposed...at the time, and two of the people who I think would know most about it, as they were involved in that ritual, would be the fiery children, I'm afraid. There's Sylas as well, though as Haran he is very busy...

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:34 pm

A loud crash is heard, coming from somewhere in the university
............................................................................Image

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:41 pm

Amavaine manages a smile at Kel's first words but her face falls when she hears about the Chalice. She tries unsuccessfully to suppress a shudder at the mention of the efreeti. "Children? One of them was small maybe, but the other? He was a flaming great big Monster!" she exclaims.

Taking a deep breath she tries to calm down, even though the thought of the nightmarish creature's leering visage is enough to make her want to scream and flee. "What exactly is a 'haran', Lady Kel? is it one of your leaders?"

~Amavaine~

Return to “Ingole”