A flamming ritual in the Arcane University

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Edd

A flamming ritual in the Arcane University

Postby Edd » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:21 pm

Scorch enters the ritual chamber, his firey form shrouded in the black robes Sylas lent him. After placing the components of the ritual on the pedestal in the middle of the circular room, he raised his arms (at least as high as he could) and began enchanting.

"Powers of fire I beseech thee all, for now is a time for you to heed my call. I summon thee now, flames of firey might, to rise up now and warm this night. Gather forth and be mine to flow, rise up now, flicker and grow. By the powers granted to me by the realm of fire, come to me now, my need is dire."

((Open ritual circle, rank 50 fire based.))

Scorch paces around the circle, wreathed in flames. As the ritual continues he lanches fire at the focus in the center of the room.

"By all the flaming powers of fire that are mine to command, fly from me now and sunder this thing, let it learn the true nature of my fire, let it be charred, let it be scorched (heheh) let it be burned and incinerated! Might of fire, flow through me and sunder all!"

Scorch gathers his robes around him, and the flames smolder and die down, black smoke starting to emanate from him and fill the room. To any but an Efreet, the heat in the room would be far to hot to handle.

"Choking smoke, enshroud this room, allow the powers of fire to take hold here and let the blistering heat consume all in its path!"

Scorch bursts into flames once more.

"Powers of fire, tough art bent to my will. Come forth now, bake, blaze, broil, char, combust, conflagerate,cremate, enkindle, flare, ignite, roast, sear and scold, powers of fire, DO. THY. WORK!"

((Ritual based Fireblast, Firestrike, Firebolt, Firedart, Internal Combustion.))

After waiting a few moments, breathing heavily, his flames growing and fading with each breath, Scorch moves over to the focus of his ritual. He slumps when he notices that the object he placed on the pedestal was not in the condition he hoped...he scraped the charred object to the floor, where it crumbled to ash.

Perhaps he should leave the creation of smoked chicken to the chefs....
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

Hatsuo1980

Re: A flamming ritual in the Arcane University

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:09 pm

But even as this disheartening thought took form in Scortch’s mind, something began to happen.

From the spot where the chicken had been cremated, heat ripples spread rapidly across the room, and the air filled with searing light. It grew brighter still, till the very walls began to melt, and the very room vanished from sight.

Before Scortch stood a form of pure, roiling flames: a chicken of blazing energy. And as it watched him, Scortch became aware that he and this chicken shared a deep and mystical connexion.

And with a flash, the vision ceased.

It left Scortch puzzled, but that night, the chicken visited him in dreams. But said nothing. And again the following night. And the next. Soon, he saw in his waking moments too, though none of his colleagues ever seemed to notice it.

Always the flaming chicken watched him with an eerie, silent intensity, bathed in light. It wanted something. But what?
............................................................................Image

Edd

Postby Edd » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:17 pm

It had been a few days since the appearance of Burny McFlameycluck, as Scorch had named the eerily silent flaming apparition. Sat at his desk...well, pile of ash that had once been a desk, Scorch stared down at the list he had compiled. It appeared the flaming chicken did not want:
1. To be set alight
2. To set someone else alight
3. To play 'Who can be hotter'
4. To help frighten the creche for young water elf parents studying at the university
5. To melt Professor Melty Death Lady

I'm running out of ideas. He thought to himself as he crossed out point five, remembering the reaction he recieved from Irisis when he burst into her room screaming 'Go Burny McFlameycluck, show her how you flaming chikenyness will melt her face!', the first dispair had made him think that Burny might not be real...he'd not stuck around for any more...he also recalled the lecture he had from Kel and Emmet about 'elemental awareness'. The two of them had been interested in his new arcane familiar, tough neither of them could see it, or it seems sense it with their magical powers. He'd asked Kel to commune about Burny, but wasn't sure if he wanted to hear the answers.

"Besides," he muttered to the flaming chicken on his shoulder, "what sort of familiar won't show himself to his master's colleagues?"

rachel

Postby rachel » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:33 pm

There is the sound of angry shouting in the distance, and light footsteps racing up the corridor outside. Then the door abruptly swings open and Singe tumbles into the room, giggling.
"That was fun!"
She glances at her brother, and her expression changes from glee to puzzled curiosity.
"What you doing?"
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

rachel

Postby rachel » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:59 pm

Realising that her brother is too busy to talk to her, Singe grows bored. She scowls, sticks her tongue out at Scorch, and then wanders out of the room in search of more friendly people to play with.
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:29 pm

As Singe leaves the room, a voice speaks, right by Scorch’s ear:

Take the piss…

But looking round, Scorch saw that the room was empty. Only Burny, watching him expectantly.
At that moment the page Scorch had been writing on burst into flames. At his feet, the ashes seemed to rearrange themselves into letter:

Tenet 1: take the piss.
Tenet 2: this is serious.
Tenet 3: the below tenet is true.
Tenet 4: the above two tenets are lies.
Tenet 5: nothing is more serious than laughter, and nothing is funnier than seriousness.
............................................................................Image

Edd

Postby Edd » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:36 pm

Scorch's face breaks into a grin, as he realises Burny isn't going to be leaving once Scorch had satisfied him. This was an ongoing mission, a quest....

Fire swarmed around him and a plan formed in his mind. He stood up and held his arm out for Burny, who hopped onto it. The Efreet stumbled and fell as the weight of the 10 ft chicken bore down upon him.

Quickly, the Efreet regained his balance and ran out into the corridor, the flaming chicken following closely, calling out to his sister...

They had a winter elf lecturer to visit.....

Return to “Ingole”