University Infirmary

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

University Infirmary

Postby BlueTressym » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:57 pm

Mirya enters the infirmary, closely followed by Kestrel and is admitted to see Genji. She bites her lip as she sees how ill he appears and once again she resolves that if even Kestrel-sensei's talisman cannot cure Genji, she will not stop until she finds a way to save him.

*Mirya*
(WoA): 'Lia' Goldmoon; Light elf Celebrant of Lenamo
Kendra; Cat, Curious, - and ALIVE!
Mirya Sohail; High Mage and expatriate
'Rilla' Moonheart; "Bad-Ass Life Elf" - ?!?!?!
Amavaine Kalythaer; Elven/Avian Sorceress

spsblue

Re: University Infirmary

Postby spsblue » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:03 pm

Kestrel passes the talisman to Mirya.
"There is one charge, remaining, I hope this helps your friend."
Andy Cooper or
Kestrel Updraft (Avian scholar)
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)
Corporal Cynrick DEAD (3)
Fionan Druce (Life Elf Druid)
WOA: Jasper Methlar (Telefret High Mage)

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:04 pm

Genji, from his place in the bed, gave a groan. His illness had resurfaced. Badly. It had been hard fro him to stay in place while Mirya had gone out to adventure - alone. Stress and worry therefore had caused Genji to further vomit blood, violently. Magical aid did prevent him from immediate harm, yet as soon as the spells had been cast (it took some time to have any great effect, upon a Serkanian of all things), Genji had used his herb pouch and a tea whisk to concoct his usual herbal/tea remedy...
The herbs did nothing but shorten the long term effects of the illness. Sooner or later, his lungs would be totally eaten away. Not even magic could stop that. Genji had long ago made peace with this, death didnt bother him.

What bothered him was his lack of abilities, since the time in Serke Kemi.
Still, he had been retraining, quietly, day by day, trying to regain his abilities. He trained his punches and kicks. His sword swing was still the same as ever, but he had been re-working the manner in which he fought. Rather than his reverse grip, Genji had modified the Tanuki techniques from which his family took theeir name to create something different.
Further, Genji had spent many long hours that Mirya had spent in lessons at the university in deep meditation, contemplating his actions, and how he might atone. He was, through and through, the guardian of Mirya now. Whatever he became, he was always that. His father knew Genji had been a child drawn to protecting others, regardless of the consequence...would he have hated his child for straying from the path of the Shaded Blade, the Senshi?
He had long thought on this matter, until he had finally decided: No. His father would have frowned upon his actions at that time, but not upon the reasons. Genji had acted in a manner in which he had felt best served his charge. There was no dishonour in this. Genji had long since punished himself, praying to T'ien Lung for her guidance and her words to him, to help him still serve his charge, weakened as he was, dishonoured as he was.
Genji had far to go, he felt...but he would once again be a Senshi. If his body was any stronger, he would even have been a full Saburau, as his father before him. But his path lay in that of the Yojimbo, and that of the Senshi, the Shaded Blade. This was his path alone...only he could walk it.

So...it made him angry with himself that he had to remain while Mirya went away. His actions had almost been self-destructive, the way he stressed upon his charge being gone, while he had to rest. His anger had risen and directed at himself and it was not until he had vomited his blood that he had calmed and made himself slightly better...
But still, he cursed himself.

"T'ien Lung, forgive my failure of vigilance. Teng Lung, forgive my dishonours. To you both I now ask that you see my failures, and my lack of power, and forgive me...help this fallen warrior find his way back to his path, to his redemption and true calling. I ask of you, make me well again, until this body is cast off, and I re-enter Pan Lung's wheel. My Lords and Ladys, please hear me, and show me the way. Never more have I needed you than now. I have spilt my blood, and suffered, and atoned and prayed in your names...when will I be complete and whole once more? When will heaven see me fit to be redeemed? Lord's, liberate me, and send me back, once more, into the fray. May this body suffer that which my charge might, for when it is cast off, I shall ask nothing. Once I have died already, once you have sent me back, unfit as I was to serve anyone. Now, as my body burns, I beg you - grant me the strength enough to protect, to save and watch. Give me back my final chance. If I was to dishonour you and I once more, then even seppuku is not enough, either. I place myself in your hands. Judge me as you will. Grant me this boon alone...Lords, I call to you!"

As his words were spoken, Mirya entered. Bowing his head slightly, Genji nodded to her.
"You are well...thank T'ien Lung. Please, Mirya, tell me of what happened...and what I should have been there to protect you from."

Bowing deeply to Kestrel, as though the man is a lord of some form, in the lands of Sinya Palurin, or at least, as a university professor. To him, Genji showed no emotions openly, but was perfectly polite and humble, the manners awkward, but not forced, as if he was worried of offending.
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:15 am

Privately Mirya does not believe that T'ien Lung has the least interest in her welfare; it has been a long time since she felt that Any of the Dragon Gods were anything but uncaring. However, she knows that Genji's faith matters to him, and if the deity does have any care for him, it is best not to antagonize her. In any case, were T'ien Lung to heal Genji and banish the dreadful sickness, Mirya would gladly, she acknowledges to herself, fall at the goddess' feet and worship her in thanks for his life.

She does not believe that is likely however. Still, the God of whom Doki Rinsei - and Kestrel-sensei - had spoken seemed kind, and even loving. With Lenamo perhaps there was hope.

Mirya hurries to Genji's side, clasping the talisman Kestrel had handed to her. "I will tell you, Genji-kun, but first, let me help to ease your pain." She holds the talisman and gently presses it to his chest. "Item Do Thy Work" She speaks the words softly and smiles as the gentle silvery-white light shone for a moment before fading.
(OC: Total Heal)

Mirya then turns slightly to offer the talisman back to Kestrel. "Thank you, Kestrel-sensei"

*Mirya*
(WoA): 'Lia' Goldmoon; Light elf Celebrant of Lenamo
Kendra; Cat, Curious, - and ALIVE!
Mirya Sohail; High Mage and expatriate
'Rilla' Moonheart; "Bad-Ass Life Elf" - ?!?!?!
Amavaine Kalythaer; Elven/Avian Sorceress

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:29 am

Kestrel smiles at his student, and accepts the talisman back,
" I am glad I could help. "
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Edd

Postby Edd » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:09 pm

The sendings of the university have silently been caring for Genji. Upon seeing a professor enter, they all fall to their knees and press their heads to the floor. The treat Myrya with indifference. As the talismen activates, they look at each other and a gentle glow of silver sparks on each one's chest.
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:04 am

" Get up. It is unseemly for you to genuflect to me. I am here to guide the students and serve the academic body. I am a Professor, not a Haran, or the Principle for that matter! "

* Kestrel *
Last edited by spsblue on Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Edd

Postby Edd » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:39 am

The remain on the floor for a second. Then look at each other in confusion. One slightly in front seems to take charge and stands as Kestral bids. When he speaks, his voices are many, all intermingled as one.

"So sorry, Kestral-sensei, we did not mean to displease you."

They all bow as one in apology.

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:04 pm

Kestrel looks even more uncomfortable.

" Kestrel - My name is Kestrel. Not Kestral. Or Proffessor Updraft. Mirya here has earned the right to call me by my first name. You have not - but that still doesn't mean I require... hang on - are you Serkanian? "
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Edd

Postby Edd » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:55 pm

The sendings look at each other again. The leader speaks,

"So sorry Updraft-sensei, we are Sendings. But...but...you...if you wish us to be the word you said...then we will be?" They look more confused.

"Ofcourse, we are wrong, not you."

The leader then falls to his knees.
His voice echos throughout the university, particularly the principle's office.

"I formally ask permission to end my life for lying."

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:07 pm

Having heard the weird echoes of the sendings in her office, Kel rushes to their source.Permission denied. Why do you wish to do such a thing?
She turns to the professor in the room
Kestrel, what are the doing? Why have my sendings suddenly become suicidal?
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar
Gizmo - Light Elf Sorc/crafter, Captain of the Nomads, friend to rocks
Cinder - Efreet scout, High Priest of Eternity

Edd

Postby Edd » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:40 pm

The sendings fall flat on their faces as Kel walks in. They seem frozen with fear as she speaks. Once her question is asked the leader speaks, again with a mixed voice. He remains perfectly prostrate.

"Wright-sama, Updraft-sensei rightly, of course, stated we are Serkainian. So sorry, we are Sendings. We were at an impass and obviously he was right. Thus I lied to him, and sought your permission to end my life."

They remain prostrate, almost shaking with fear.

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:09 pm

" I don't understand. I asked, only asked, if they are Serkainian, because, like Mirya they address me with the suffix sensei - which I understand means teacher. Perhaps Mirya will understand, but to me, the logic he just stated seems flawed. "

*Kestrel*
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:22 pm

There's something strange happening...when did they start behaving like this?
She turns to the sendings.
Stand up, please; you are the sendings of the university. You are not Serkainian but are of the magic that flows through these halls.

Kel turns her back upon the others in the room and throws her arms wide, at once aggrieved and beseeching.

Wise Yashmanar, I beg of You a boon! With your profound wisdom and infinite knowledge, please answer me this: What has caused these sendings to act in this uncharacteristic manner? (OOC: Knowledge)
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar
Gizmo - Light Elf Sorc/crafter, Captain of the Nomads, friend to rocks
Cinder - Efreet scout, High Priest of Eternity

Edd

Postby Edd » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:36 pm

There is a flash of pink meta magic around each of the sendings. The stand up, as bidden, but refuse to look Kel in the eye, their heads still lowered.

As Kel's Font of Knowladge activates, what can only be considered as Yashmanar's voice echoes out.

"Genji"

There is a flash of light around the sendings. Some of the magic runes that make them up become hourglasses and books.

Return to “Ingole”