University Infirmary

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

spsblue

Re: University Infirmary

Postby spsblue » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:38 pm

" Their chests glowed briefly the characteristic colour of life magic when this charm we recovered on our recent archeology expedition to the scorching wastes cast a total heal on Genji, Mirya's wounded body-guard here. I didn't observe anything similar when I used the other charge to heal one of our party members - Tragar - earlier today. "

*Kestrel*
Andy Cooper or
Kestrel Updraft (Avian scholar)
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)
Corporal Cynrick DEAD (3)
Fionan Druce (Life Elf Druid)
WOA: Jasper Methlar (Telefret High Mage)

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:47 pm

I see. Is it reversible? (OOC: Clarity of thought.)

Kel looks around at them.

Yes; that would make sense - they've absorbed that spell. And now I think they've taken on the Knowledge I cast. Genji, I think they're...adopting your personality or ideals somehow. Interesting. Let's see...

Kel points at a slightly damaged bed frame and says,
Wear, tear, ranged repair.
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar
Gizmo - Light Elf Sorc/crafter, Captain of the Nomads, friend to rocks
Cinder - Efreet scout, High Priest of Eternity

Edd

Postby Edd » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:50 pm

The font of knowledge has Yashmanar speak again:

"No."

The number of hourglasses and books increase.

There is a green glow as the spell is cast on each of the sendings.
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:05 pm

Fact-Giver, my thanks. So...these sendings have now got a total heal, a knowledge, a clarity of thought and a ranged repair in them...they're veritable sorcerors...Not actually sure why...hm.
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:23 pm

Genji looked at the sendings, suspiciously and then to the mages. Raising an eyebrow, the warrior looked to the Headmistress.
Any particular reason these...creatures...might be copying myself? Magic makes very little sense to me, I have no clue why these "Sendings" might be acting as they are. Could it be from them having tended to me while I was here, in some way?

Genji kept his eye upon the Sendings cautiously. Why were they copying his habits and personality...?
Because he was praying? Because of the Blood?
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:34 pm

Mirya has been watching Genji anxiously, waiting for some sign that the healing magic has helped him.

She looks around when Kel entered and bows deeply to her "Kel-sama.". When she sees that her input is unnecessary she returns to her position beside Genji. She hears what is going on, and almost jumps out of her skin when Genji's name booms around the room. She looks around as the discussion continues, with its attendant magical effects but her anxious attention quickly returns to Genji. "Genji-kun? Are you feeling better at all?"

*Mirya*
(WoA): 'Lia' Goldmoon; Light elf Celebrant of Lenamo
Kendra; Cat, Curious, - and ALIVE!
Mirya Sohail; High Mage and expatriate
'Rilla' Moonheart; "Bad-Ass Life Elf" - ?!?!?!
Amavaine Kalythaer; Elven/Avian Sorceress

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:15 pm

Genji, I'm not sure why they are acting like this; all I know is that the sendings are a product of the concentration of magical power which has collected in the last year at the university. They protect the buildings and enforce the rules here. It seems that in the time they have tended you they have somehow taken on your code of honour, in rather an extreme way.

It's interesting that they only seem to have become like this in this room, though perhaps we only notice because the cultural differences between our nations makes the sendings' absorption of your code more obvious. For all I know the sendings that serve me could be exactly like me and it's simply never seemed extraordinary...Questions, questions!

Kestrel, Mirya, could you perhaps tend to Genji yourselves for a little while? I would like to take these sendings away and examine them further...I'm sorry for any inconvenience, but I do want to get to the bottom of this. If any more try to come in, send them away. Sendings, come with me, please.

With that, Kel leaves the room, pausing only to ensure that the magical beings followed.

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:14 pm

" Very well, Principal. Please keep me informed if you would be so kind. It is certainly an interesting magical effect. "

Kestrel straightens, but then seems to shudder briefly - almost as though someone had just breathed down his neck. His head flashes round, almost a full circle, but there is no one behind him. He gathers himself together, preens his neck feathers back into place and settles down on a chair to watch Genji.

<Kestrel>
Last edited by spsblue on Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy Cooper or
Kestrel Updraft (Avian scholar)
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)
Corporal Cynrick DEAD (3)
Fionan Druce (Life Elf Druid)
WOA: Jasper Methlar (Telefret High Mage)

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:00 pm

"Of course, Kel-sama" Mirya bows deeply to the University Principal then sits back down beside Genji.

*Mirya*
(WoA): 'Lia' Goldmoon; Light elf Celebrant of Lenamo
Kendra; Cat, Curious, - and ALIVE!
Mirya Sohail; High Mage and expatriate
'Rilla' Moonheart; "Bad-Ass Life Elf" - ?!?!?!
Amavaine Kalythaer; Elven/Avian Sorceress

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Tue May 03, 2011 3:52 pm

Genji remains staring at the floor, a slight frown on his face, thinking. He felt...uncomfortable being around creatures of pure magic, being un-used to them. Further, it worried him that they were imitating him...were not his kind meant to be less affected by magic? Then...did that not mean that magic was less affected by his kind, also? He had no answers - this was Mirya's field of expertise, Genji provided the time with which she could cast and a wall between harm and herself. Only...not so much, now...more like a slight nuisance in the way of harm, that was easily tossed aside after a few strikes.

Had nothing he prayed for, nothing he spent time doing amounted to anything?

He frowned, darkly. No, dont think such things. The Gods would provide, but his power was his own, and he would work toward it himself. Divine intervention was met only by those that deserved it, not by those that asked it.

The Serkanian sighed and lay back.
One wonders if those... creatures... are simply learning from observation, or if more sinister forces are in play here.

Suddenly, Genji bowed to Kestrel, as if something had just occured to him.
Forgive me, Kestral-sensei. I am have been rude not to more formally address yourself and other sensei here! Even if one is not a student of magic, I have been most impolite, forgive me. I am not yet adjusted to the custioms here...nor to these "Sendings" that are common to this place.
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

Return to “Ingole”