Questions

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

spsblue

Questions

Postby spsblue » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:39 pm

They'd been tracking her for several hours. After showing her face once more in the Northern Waters the Turtle Guardian was making her way southward once more towards the shallows.

A gesture from the leader, a great white, and his squad mates burst out of the seaweed to both sides of the turtle. He and his second - a hammerhead - maneuvered above and below to complete the pin. They then adjusted her course towards a small sea cave - where they could talk in the air without leaving the water.
Andy Cooper or
Kestrel Updraft (Avian scholar)
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)
Corporal Cynrick DEAD (3)
Fionan Druce (Life Elf Druid)
WOA: Jasper Methlar (Telefret High Mage)

Litzana

Re: Questions

Postby Litzana » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:54 pm

The Turtle wasn't surprised when the sharks burst out at her. She'd been able to sense at least one following her.
She quickly assessed the situation. The sharks were undoubtedly faster than her, and repulsing them with her favourite spell could be seen as an aggressive action, especially on their territory.
With a silent sigh, she adjusted her course and followed them, swimming at her own slow pace.
Less talking, more stabbing!
Litzana - Undead Shadow Elf
Eryssa - Light Elf celebrant of Lenamo
Ana'Tuin - Turtle High Mage
Willow - Brockling Alchemist
Beacon - Prismatic Sorceress
Arileth - Dragonkin buffbot

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:49 pm

Once in the sea cave, one shark watches the entrance, whilst the others cruise the water around the turtle. The Great White however shifts in to a more humaniod form, his tail splitting into legs and his snout retracting to a flatter face, still with prominent shark teeth though.

He sits on the single ledge in the cave, just above the water-line and waits for the turtle to surface.

" You were seen in our territory with a group of surface dwellers. Explain what they were doing there and why they attacked our crab farm. "
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Litzana

Postby Litzana » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:11 am

She surfaces, treading water.
She'd taken off the shawl she'd been using as a hood on the surface, and instead used it to secure her staff across her back while she swam. She thought once again about simply fleeing but dismissed that thought.

"They were simply passing through. Their intent was not hostile.
Your crabs startled them and their first reaction was to attack."

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:15 pm

The shark-man breaks into a loud laugh, soon echoed by the sharks cruising around the cave.

" Simply passing through! That's a good one. Best excuse for an invasion of territory I've ever heard! "
he relapses into laughter again.

" Startled by crabs! That's even funnier. If they were startled they'd have run, not massacred half our stocks. "
He calms down and becomes more threatening.

" Try again. My patience is getting thin. "
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Litzana

Postby Litzana » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:10 pm

Her eyes narrowed, but her expression remained blank. "I regret that it was necessary for us to tresspass in your domain. Had there been more time we would have requested permission to pass through your territory or found another route, but we were on a vital mission, under the orders of our Lord Lavelas himself, and any delay was unacceptable"

Speaking of on edge, the sharks were making her nervous. She'd never got on particularly well with sharks at the best of times - they were her brother's territory. If only Arcos was... She pulled her mind away from such thoughts, dwelling on what could not be would not help; she needed to deal with this situation now.

"I have had little experience dealing with surface dwellers. It has now become apparent to me that their first reaction to anything is to attack rather than flee, and they were on edge from being in an unfamiliar place. At the time however, I had assumed they would have the sense to not pick fights with everything they met and when this proved to not be the case it was too late to prevent the fighting." Ana'Tuin did her best to keep her tone conciliatory, despite her annoyance; it was hardly Her fault that surface-dwellers had no sense of how to behave when in someone else's territory.

Ana'Tuin

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:33 pm

" Now we are getting somewhere. I can understand the urge to attack first. "
he grins, showing his rows of sharp triangular teeth
" I have been known to feel it myself sometimes. However when in someone else's territory I restrain myself. "

" The question now is the importance of this mission. Was it worth the lives of three promising young warriors? and their share of Arcos' gift wasted? "
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Litzana

Postby Litzana » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:23 pm

The casual mention of her brothers name surprised her, especially after she'd just been thinking of him. She hid her surprise well. Her long years had taught her a lot of hiding her emotions.
She knew of this gift, of course. How could she not, after he had bragged to her on one of the last times she'd seen him - this new power, to create others in his image.

Once again, she tore her thoughts away. She knew from experience that thinking of her lost ones would only sadden her, and that was the last thing she needed right now. She could dwell on those memories later.

"... It was. I regret the losses that could so easily have been avoided, but... Yes. The mission was of vital importance. If it had not been, I would not have been there."

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:53 pm

" And now you are here. "

" I will have the full tale before you go. If it was indeed of vital importance then the tale shall be told to the relatives of those who fell. "

" One thing puzzles me though.
Normally when Rokia warriors fall, at least one potential warrior is born from their defeat. Did they not eat to consummate their victory? Only one of the Rokia bodies had parts removed from it and lots of the crab meat remained. Such a waste of good-crab meat. But what became of the one who ate Rokia flesh? Why is there not a new pup amongst us to replace our losses? "
Last edited by spsblue on Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Litzana

Postby Litzana » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:08 pm

"I regret I cannot give you the full tale, only parts of it. My memory is not what it should be, even though it happened only a short time ago."
This declaration, of course, was very much false. Her memory was as sharp as ever, not that it had been perfect in the first place, but that could be expected. One hundred and fifty years could take its toll on a mind.
No, she did not trust these sharks. His request was fair enough, but she hadn't survived this long without being cautious.
And the sharks were still circling, continuing to make her feel uneasy.
"Call off your squad." Her tone was commanding. This was an order - hopefully this shark respected her enough to obey it.

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:51 pm

" Outside. "

The single word, directed to the squad, causes them to leave the sea cave.

" Remember all you can, although I would expect less mental frailty in the fabled mediator Guardian. "
" Perhaps my questions can refresh your memory. "

" Begin where seems most appropriate. "
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Litzana

Postby Litzana » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:11 pm

She gives a dry chuckle. "I fear tales of me are exaggerated, as tales often are. I might be immortal but my mind is that of a simple Beast-Kin."

Now that the sharks had left, the Turtle relaxed slightly. "Where to begin... At the port, I suppose. The surface dwellers call it 'Lunte Bay West'.
I had been watching the docks for several days. I was on a mission of my own at the time - In fact, I still am - and something had told me to depart to the lands of Ice and Snow.
Of course, on my own I would stand little chance in the frigid waters and hostile lands of the North. My best chance was to tag along with an expedition party, offer my services in return for protection."
And, indeed, even with the party's help she had almost died several times.
"And in the end, my patience was rewarded. A group of Surface Dwellers chartered a ship to the Frozen North on a mission of their own, and I quietly joined them."
She paused to gather her thoughts.

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:26 pm

" Your own mission? "
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Litzana

Postby Litzana » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:37 pm

"That is irrelevant, and personal," she says shortly.
"Not much happened on the journey. The surface dwellers were surprised that such an unusual Sea-Kin had joined them, but for most part I was left alone.
Upon reaching the North, we were met by Lavelas Himself - or, at least, one aspect of His power. He told us that a number of Shards of His moon were scattered across the North, and gave us the task of finding them, as He could not see or sense them."

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:14 pm

" He gave this to you and some random surface dwellers rather than the Warriors of the Rokia? "
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Return to “Mahtar”