On a boat!

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Niamh

On a boat!

Postby Niamh » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:36 pm

The N.S. Bishop pulls triumphantly into the harbour, for a moment silhouetted gloriously against the setting sun before the figurehead falls off, splashing into the water. After a brief silence, a chirpy voice says,
Ah well...we never needed one of those anyway...

Gizmo turns to Kezzia. We're here. Do you want company finding your lady? If so, give me a minute, I just want to find someone to repair the boat.

With that, she goes and, after a brief tussle with a rope ladder and an entirely intentional dip in the bay, Gizmo presents herself at the harbour master's office.
hello, my name's Gizmo and that's my ship, the N.S. Bishop. We got it sort of second-hand, and we were wondering if you knew of anywhere that could do boat repairs. Also, on a completely unrelated matter, if you knew of anywhere that did exorcisms.
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar
Gizmo - Light Elf Sorc/crafter, Captain of the Nomads, friend to rocks
Cinder - Efreet scout, High Priest of Eternity

dainul

Re: On a boat!

Postby dainul » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:07 pm

((That is the first post in a while that's actually made me laugh out loud :D ))

The harbour master looks Gizmo's soggy form up and down, then looks over to the decrepit boat floating, well, sinking very slowly at anchor. "We've a shipwright, aye, but I've not seen none of them Firrin priests about for a while. You got yourself a ghost do you? Awful bad luck, a ghost on a ship."
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:00 pm

Yay! Not exactly a ghost...more a zombie crew...but it's going to be fiiine. We'll swing by Varya at some point. They're not unlucky, they're quite nice actually. But yeah. Where's the shipwright?
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar

dainul

Postby dainul » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:56 am

"A zombie crew!?" The harbour master exclaims, loud enough that Gizmo's fairly sure everyone in the town has heard. "I don't think ol' Wrightson's gonna like working on a ship's got that kind of crew. You ain't one of the Jehovern lot are you? Heard something about them having more truck with dead'uns'n' they should."

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:48 am

Nah, I'm a light elf, aren't I? BUT the short version of our day a couple of weeks ago is that the god of water, Lavelas, asked us to help him out, we did, then we got shipwrecked, then we had wacky underwater adventures, then we found this ship with a massive chunk of Lavelas' moon and also a zombie crewin it, and then we got the shard out of the boat and brought the boat up here so that me and my friends can use it. We do want to get rid of the crew, but they're sort of...attached...it's not so easy as killing them r asking them nicely. And if we don't get it repaired soon, it's not going to be a 'zombie ship' so much as a 'zombie pile of rotting wood surrounding some drowning heroes' which really isn't ideal.

Edd

Postby Edd » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:00 pm

A man enters the office. He carries a shield and three swords, his face expressionless. When he speaks it is in a monotone with no emotion at all.

"Gizmo, we've got the figure-head out of the water. It has been suggested that we get a new one carved, of either Bishop or Zemapatis. I don't care myself. Oh, James is handing out essence, as you can probably tell..."
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

rachel

Postby rachel » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:18 pm

A young woman strolls in after him, hair dripping wet, her ragged assortment of clothes fairly damp. She grins at Gizmo but doesn't join in the conversation, casually leaning against the doorframe to listen instead.

*Kezzia*
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

dainul

Postby dainul » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:19 pm

The harbour master doesn't seem too worried by the other people walking into his office. "E'll be at his place down the shore a ways. The one with the mast."

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:55 pm

Alright, thank you for your help! Come on, nomads!

With that, she skips out and to the shipwright.

dainul

Postby dainul » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:07 pm

The shipwright's house is easy to find, as it is the only house in the town with a mast and full rigging sprouting from the roof. As they approach the door, there is a movement fron the rigging, and a collection of ropes strung loosely through the tangle above is revealed to be a hammock of some kind. The occupant leans over the edge and calls down to them.

"Ahoy! And who might you be?"

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:16 pm

Hullo! I'm Gizmo, and I'm captain of the ship that's just come into harbour, the N.S. Bishop. This is my first mate, Reuben, and our friend Kezzia. We have this boat, right, and it's a bit old. We were wondering if you could fix it for us...

dainul

Postby dainul » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:28 pm

The man takes a few moments to climb down the rigging to meet the group. After he's dropped down the last few feet, he looks up at them.

He is a short man and stocky, to the point where he could pass for a dwarf with a little human ancestry, shorter even than Gizmo, by a couple of inches. "If you've got Rava, let's see your ship."

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:55 pm

Gizmo leads him out to the harbour where the ship (barely) floats.
We were sort of hoping for a quote to begin with...

dainul

Postby dainul » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:11 pm

He looks at the ship, then walks up to it and taps on the hull. "Well, you're gonna need new rigging and sails. The wood looks quite sorry, but I might be able to do something with it for less than just building a new ship." He looks up at the rail above him. "Can we go aboard and have a look closer?"

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:12 pm

Yeah, of course - after you.

Return to “Mahtar”