On a boat!

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

dainul

Re: On a boat!

Postby dainul » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:35 pm

He climbs up the side of the ship with practised ease and sets about walking around the deck, tapping on the planks and inspecting the state of the ship. He looks at the hole beneath the main mast, and then heads below decks. Throughout his inspection, he seems completely unperturbed by the state of the crew. Eventually, he comes back up onto the deck, and turns to Gizmo. "Well, Captain, I don't know what you've done to this poor ship, but she's holding together surprisingly well, all considering. As I said, we'll have to re-rig her, and replace the sails, but the longest, toughest bit'll be patching her hull. We're pretty much gonna have to skin her and start over, means getting her out of the water for that bit. Most've the decks'll need replacing and the crows nest wants working over if'n you want to keep your lookout on board for more'n a day or two. That said, the masts are strong as I've seen for a while, and with a bit've work to get a bit of worm out, they should last a good time, and the main beams are in pretty good nick." He looks over the ship again, then back to Gizmo. "Timber's gonna cost... eighty. Hundred for the work. Seventy if your crew can do the bulk of the heavy work."
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:49 pm

Great, so that's one-fifty in total? Hm...I'll need to speak with my friends, and maybe our accountant, as it's all of our money I'd be spending...If you'd excuse me for one moment, please.

Gizmo gathers all the nomads she can find and takes them below decks to find James.
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar
Gizmo - Light Elf Sorc/crafter, Captain of the Nomads, friend to rocks
Cinder - Efreet scout, High Priest of Eternity

rachel

Postby rachel » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:03 pm

Always eager to learn new things, Kezzia has been watching the shipwright with undisguised interest, while she stands in the sun to dry herself. Her face darkens at the price he quotes. It's far more rava than she has ever managed to save, and she cannot believe that even with all their money put together her gang can afford it. Squeezing some more salt water out of her hair, she follows Gizmo below deck.
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

dainul

Postby dainul » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:54 pm

From the shore, a very loud voice can be heard, familiar to many of the Nomads.

"Hey! That Gizmo and Reuben over there!?"

On the shore, a large, armoured cat can be seen standing on the shore, glittering slightly in the sunlight.

Edd

Postby Edd » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:07 pm

Reuben looks over the edge of the boat at the giant cat.

Once again, without emotion or expression he answers plainly.

"Yes."
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:27 pm

After waving excitedly at the sparkly cat, Gizmo returns to the shipwright.
It's a deal. Also, we have an earth elf friend. When you're fixing the boat, could you put a bit in the bottom full of earth that she can be in? Alsoalso, can you change the name from the Ruby Pearl to the Bishop?
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar

dainul

Postby dainul » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:51 pm

The large feline hurls a long staff onto the deck, then clambers aboard and nods to Gizmo, Reuben and anyone else he recognises, which may not be anyone.

"I heard there was a bunch of crazies turned up on a rotting boat with two names." He looks at one of the crew. "Though I didn't hear anything about a dead crew. Where'd all this come from?"

rachel

Postby rachel » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:29 pm

"Bottom of the sea." Kezzia has arrived on deck, still slightly reeling from the shock of part-owning a boat, and now even more surprised to see a loud, glittering feline leap aboard. She recovers quickly, and holds out her fist in greeting.

"Hi, I'm Kezzia. I'm a mate of Gizmo and Reuben."
Characters:
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))

Edd

Postby Edd » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:03 pm

Reuben has been writing a few notes, giving them to various crew members to send out. He looks up at the cat.

"Hello."
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:24 pm

Returning from her conversation with the shipwright, Gizmo grins happily at everyone.
Hello Mezacoatl, how's it going? You've met our friend Kezzia? Kezzia, this is our friend Mezacoatl, he's a nomad like you. I've paid the nice man and he says he'll get to fixing our ship right away. But we need to get off it first. I'm excited, are you excited? I'm excited.

With that, she turns and bustles off to get all the living passengers off the ship.

dainul

Postby dainul » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:35 pm

Mezacoatl sighs slightly at being told to climb down after he's only just finished climbing up, and takes a moment to greet Kezia, and shake her rather forcefully by the hand (Strength 4). He then climbs back down. Once both he and Gizmo are on the shore again, he fishes around in his pockets and pulls out a reasonably large stack of rava. "Hey, Gizmo, you want to look after these for me? This paper money thing is just weird."

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:11 pm

Sure thing, I'll give it to our accountant to count!

Gizmo takes the money and tucks it into her clothes.
You gonna come do more Nomading with us? On our boat? Do you like our boat? It doesn't look like much now and it has some undead on it, but it's going to get fixed and renamed the N.S Bishop, N.S. stands for Nomad's Ship, and we're going to put in a rock play area for my friend Terra, and we're going to nomad over the oceans and it's going to be AMAZING. I'm the captain and Reuben's first mate and Kezzia's the Ship's Kezzia and Kit's the Ship's cat. You don't get seasick, do you?

rachel

Postby rachel » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:43 pm

Kezzia winces slightly as Mezacoatl almost crushes her hand, but quickly tries to hide it. Picking up her old axe to slip into her belt by her new one, and shoving her woollen jacket on over her damp clothes, she climbs down from the boat onto the shore to wait for Gizmo and Reuben. She rolls her eyes at the wad of rava changing hands; obviously being in possession of ridiculously large amounts of money is nothing unusual for any of the other nomads, and then turns to the light elf.

"Here, Gizmo, you alright if I disappear off now for a bit? Its about two days walk to Mahtar from here, so could be a week before I get back, but I'm reckoning I can steal a lift." She grins, then her face turns serious. "You'll wait for me, yeah? Before you go nomading on your ship?"
Characters:

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:49 pm

Of course we'll wait for you! I think Reuben was saying something about something about fey anyway, so we're probably going to go off and do something to to with that and which possibly involves enigmatic rhymes. I hope you find your lady. We'll meet you back here in a week.

Gizmo gives Kezzia a big hug and beams at her, waving her off.

dainul

Postby dainul » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:10 pm

"Umm... only when I punch people in the gut too hard?" Mezacoatl mumbles as he struggles to follow Gizmo's high-speed chatter. "Fae? Hmph, not for me, yet. I need to get some of this Star Tear stuff first, then I can knock Strength down a notch or two. Hey, before you go, could you do something for me Gizmo? You can write, right?"

Return to “Mahtar”