NOT on a boat.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Sam

NOT on a boat.

Postby Sam » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:09 pm

Terra stares uneasily at the boat in the harbour.
It's just a boat... Just a huge hulking boat swarming with the living dead; the hungry hungry living dead...
She sighs.
If only that was the worst part
Beyond the boat lies the thing that really scares her, the thing that she's avoiding looking at. Water, miles and miles of crushing icy blue water, stretching as far as the eye can see before her. Even the thought of climbing onto that death raft and trying to cross that suffocatingly empty expanse of nothing but gallons and gallons of water is enough to make her feel sick. She tries not to think about dying at sea but it flashes through her mind anyway, falling into the cold grasp of those waters that were just waiting to drag her kicking and screaming under.
I could chain myself to the boat.
That's where her friends wanted to go.
Am I the only sane one in the guild?
She took a deep breath and edged towards the undead-infested vessel that waited to speed her away from her home, to a place where even the ground beneath her feet would be tricksome and treacherous.
Gerethenax help me...
Terra the Earth Elf Warrior

Edd

Re: NOT on a boat.

Postby Edd » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:16 pm

As Terra contemplates the boat she notices a presence behind her.
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

Sam

Postby Sam » Wed May 04, 2011 6:57 pm

Ignoring the sudden childish impulse to cling to the desperate hope that this sudden presence followed the rule of "if I can't see you then you can't see me" Terra tore her eyes away from the ship and, wondering how today could possibly get any worse, turned to confront the person behind her.

Edd

Postby Edd » Thu May 05, 2011 5:11 pm

Reuben's emotionless face stares back at her. Terra can't be sure how long he's been there, but upon making eye contact he simply says

"Hello."

Sam

Postby Sam » Wed May 11, 2011 6:20 pm

With a smile of relief, Terra nods a greeting to Ruben.
"Hello Ruben, are you alright? Ready to set sail?"

Edd

Postby Edd » Wed May 11, 2011 9:58 pm

Reuben replies with his usual phrase when asked about his feelings: "I am nothing" - he shrugs.

"I can set sail whenever...waiting for Gizmo, or Rilla, or someone."

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Thu May 12, 2011 9:26 am

Gizmo bounces into view, resplendent in captain's hat and floral eyepatch.
Orrrrloight, me hearties!? Terra! I had the boatmaker make you a special bit, cos I know you're an earth elf so boat are a bit ARGH for you...
She uncoils a rope from round her shoulder, and after about seventeen tries, finally lassos a large hook on the side of the ship. When she tugs it, another gangplank emerges, but heading into the bowels of the ship rather than the top. It also looks a lot thicker than the offical one, more like a box than a plank.

This is your entrance! The plank's filled with earth and stuff so you don't have to leave the earth to get on the boat, and then it leads into a room just for you filled with earth and rocks and stuff. We're going to set off soon, get settled in you guys!
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar
Gizmo - Light Elf Sorc/crafter, Captain of the Nomads, friend to rocks
Cinder - Efreet scout, High Priest of Eternity

Luke

Postby Luke » Fri May 13, 2011 9:30 am

A faint metallic smell hit the air, followed by a high pitched squeal and then a loud CRACK.

Standing 30 paces landward from the ship stood two figures. One was dressed in a dark cloak but the symbol of Erathil could be seen clearly on his tunic. He began mumbling in a low voice upon his immediate arrival and took no notice of the heroes.
The second figure slowly and sluggishly moved a few paces towards the group. His skin was made entirely of diamonds, with the gold star of Gerethenax over one eye. His shield was on his arm but his sword was sheathed.

Good day. He said in a monotonous and empty voice. I'm looking for Reuben of the Fey.
His question seemed to be for anyone to answer but he stared intently at the Light Elf, trying to remember if they had signed an alliance with his brother. Then he noticed the little Earth Elf hesitatingly looking at the ship. It took him back to his first boat trip. Not a pleasant experience.

A brief thought took his mind about covering the entire world in earth and then dismissed the outright stupid notion. If anything was going to be encased for ever in an earthy tomb it would be an Air Elf. Or Aquilla. Or Marcus... life was full of choices...
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

rachel

Postby rachel » Fri May 13, 2011 1:32 pm

Kezzia saunters into view from behind the two new arrivals, a make shift bag hung across her shoulder. Since returning to the boat, she has spent a lot of her time in town, and often comes back with an odd assortment of supplies, though none of the nomads are completely sure where she gets them from. Seeing the strangers, she pauses warily, checks her knife and axe, and then continues forward in what seems like a casual manner. Once close enough behind the figure in the dark cloak to hear most of the conversation, she stops, studying Gizmo's facial expression carefully.
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

Edd

Postby Edd » Fri May 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Reuben looks at the Warryn and says with a similar, monotonous empty voice:

"I am Reuben Feychild. I guess I'm of the Fey too."

Luke

Postby Luke » Fri May 13, 2011 7:06 pm

(@Kezzia you notice that the figure in the cloak is a high elf, he seems aware of your presence and is chanting a spell. There are no offensive words in the verbal just a lot of words like 'travel' 'go' 'relocate' 'transport' - either way he steps slowly away from you, not wishing to engage in the conversation)

Warryn's eyes flicked from the two elves to the human. That would make things more difficult. Human's were getting ruder by the day.
My name is Warryn Onyx Coshwood, Paladin of Gerethenax, and General of the High King's armies... I heard that you know, befriended and saved the life of a member of my church, Zemepatis. Is that correct?

He stated the question in a manner of fact way, with no suggestion as to which way would be more favourable.

His face didn't change but the word Zemepatis had some emphasis. If he had come back then perhaps others could too...
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

rachel

Postby rachel » Fri May 13, 2011 8:16 pm

As Kezzia realises the cloaked figure is a high elf, she takes a sudden step backwards in fear. Eyes flicking in panic back to Gizmo and then to Reuben, she resists every instinct screaming at her to run, choosing instead to cautiously move past the chanting elf. She is incredibly tense, hands subconsciously hovering near her weapons, and although she positions herself next to Gizmo as if to join the conversation, anyone paying attention to her will notice that she never stops watching the high elf.
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

Edd

Postby Edd » Sat May 14, 2011 3:38 pm

"Yes."

Reuben continues to look at Warryn, not caring about anything else around him - or anything at all, in fact.

Luke

Postby Luke » Sat May 14, 2011 5:47 pm

Firstly, thankyou. Secondly where is he? Thirdly, how did you do it and can you do it again?

he looks up at Gizmo,
Hello, are you representative of your people? Did you know another Light Elf, he didn't have a name but he's dead now. His second name was Coshwood?

Then he turns to the small Earth Elf.

Hello. You may not be aware but the City of Earth will be rebuilt soon. All of ou... your kind are welcome so long as you don't wish harm to the great High Elven King. There is also the Earth Elf army stationed there, if you wanted to sign up.

Then he relaxed, all his questions were asked. Now he just had to wait for replies. Waiting was fine, he was good at that. Earth slowly began to swallow his feet and then solidify... good, no unexpected swims for Warryn.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Sun May 15, 2011 9:42 am

Sensing Kezzia's discomfort at the High elf's presence, Gizmo edges closer to and slightly in front of the human, shielding her from anything the elf might do.
Hello Warryn Onyx Coshwood, my name's Gizmo, pleased to meet you. I'm afraid I haven't actually met any other light elves out here...So I don't think I am representative of them. I'm probably slightly representative of the Nomads though, and they're my proper people, but we're not all elves. Um.
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar
Gizmo - Light Elf Sorc/crafter, Captain of the Nomads, friend to rocks
Cinder - Efreet scout, High Priest of Eternity

Return to “Mahtar”