NOT on a boat.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Luke

Re: NOT on a boat.

Postby Luke » Sun May 15, 2011 6:06 pm

Oh... Okay. Well if you see more of your people tell them that Erathil is doing great things for the elves and that they should come to New Narturlin.

He seemed a little put out. He didn't think Erathil would approve of Warryn going on 'recs' so going back with an army of elves would have been a good ''sorry for missing training, but really I'm not a waste of space'' present.

Ah well.
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

rachel

Postby rachel » Sun May 15, 2011 10:28 pm

Kezzia tears her eyes away from the high elf to glare at Warryn. Who the hell does he think he is, turning up out of nowhere to ask her mates to support a racist murderer who chased anyone who weren't an elf out the Heartlands so he could rule it? She don't know much, but she knows about Erathil, and he don't mean good news for her. Thinking about high elf cruelty makes her quickly focus back on the chanting figure behind Warryn, shuddering slightly.
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

Luke

Postby Luke » Mon May 16, 2011 8:00 am

Noticing the glare... he was used to them... Warryn's diamond brow furrowed... if a diamond brow can do such a thing.
You didn't introduce yourself. What's your problem? Is there something big and scary and or boring standing behind me?

The High Elf's eyes rolled. Being an aide to a moron with pride was difficult... maintaining pride of your own whilst doing so was harder.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Edd

Postby Edd » Mon May 16, 2011 11:06 am

Reuben seems nonplussed with all the racial commotion,

"I made a wish. He, Rosanki and Terra," he motions to the earth elf, "all died in the fey realm. I wished for them back. Then we had to give our power to them to make them stronger. I guess I could try again, but I doubt it would work. It was most likely Loki who had a hand in it."

He then starts mumbling a familiar poem....
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

rachel

Postby rachel » Mon May 16, 2011 3:06 pm

"Didn't think you cared who I am. You ain't spoken to me till now."
Kezzia tries to recall how the knight who had healed her when they had been fighting in the Frozen North had introduced himself- she isn't used to talking to people with more than two words in their name- but she's not sure he ever did. Best copy how Reuben had spoke- he is good at talking to powerful people.
"I'm Kezzia LostChilde. And if it ain't obvious to you why I don't like someone who supports a racist bastard that thinks he and his followers can murder and torture and steal from anything that ain't a elf, and wants my mates to do the same, then you must be a bit thick. I ain't ever met a high elf who ain't treated me like shit, and if he tries to hurt me or my gang, we'll fucking have him. But if he really don't mean us no harm than I ain't got a problem. " Her tone makes it clear she finds the idea of a high elf not hurting her if he could extremely unlikely. "It's you praising someone who killed humans in the heartlands only cos he didn't want them living in the same lands as him, and doing in front of me like I'm too dumb to know what you're chatting about, that pisses me off."
Speech over, she shrugs, not expecting Warryn to have much interest in her opinion. There is no point in getting angry really, but her fear is making her restless. She glances back to the high elf to see if she is going to be attacked for what she has said.
Characters:
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))

Luke

Postby Luke » Mon May 16, 2011 3:26 pm

Warryn opens his mouth as if to speak, then draws his sword and continues.

I introduced myself when I arrived, you didn't. Erathil is my brother, he has done nothing since his return but allow me to provide shelter for hundreds of elves the human race has attacked and maimed. My brother did nothing to you. His hands never touched you. You may have been harmed by some fanatics but every great being has them. it doesn't mean he is responsible for their actions.

He straitens himself up and a flush of colour rushes to his cheeks, the diamond slowly darkening.

He could hear a voice in his head screaming to kill her, drop a rock on her and make her take back what she said...

I am Erathil's High General, his brother, his Paladin and his friend. I cannot and will not allow you to insult him in such a rude way. I came here to thank Reuben of the Fey. But now I need an apology. My family demands it.

The high elf takes a step back and assesses a straight line to his master. His chanting continues.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Luke

Postby Luke » Mon May 16, 2011 3:28 pm

He runs the human's statements over in his head again and simply adds.
Thick? It's called wearing armour and it makes you wider.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

rachel

Postby rachel » Tue May 17, 2011 3:13 pm

Kezzia is so terrified she can't move. Her heart thumps painfully in her chest, so hard its difficult to breathe, let alone speak, or apologise, or do whatever this crazy, unpredictable earth elf wants her to do. She is going to die. She is definately going to die. The only way out is to take back what she just said, and that means letting someone deny her the freedom of having her own opinion, and of telling it honestly if she was asked it. Not that she'd probably explained herself properly, but she ain't very good with words, least not when it is important. She ain't expected this Warryn to like what she said either, but she proper hadn't thought he was gonna call her a liar and kill her for it.

Her mind flashes back to the last time she'd known she was going to die, and the terrible, paralizing fear she had felt then too. For a short while it had even numbed the pain of the blows that cut open her skin over and over again, until sheer exhaustion stopped her feeling frightened. She had been trying to escape in the middle of the night, but the high elf who called himself her master had caught her sneaking down the stairs and dragged her back to face his wrath, furious that such an insignificant human slave would dare mock him in this way. Whatever Warryn is going to do with her, she doubts it can be much worse than that night.

Taking a deep breath, she moves slightly away from Gizmo so that if the earth elf does run her through with his sword he doesn't hurt her friend by accident, and starts a silent prayer.

Lord Danahil, I know I ain't always your best follower and I'm still kinda new at this worship stuff, but please don't let Warryn Coshwood, great General of Erathil's armies, or whatever the rest of his name was, hurt my mates. Or me. And help make sure him and me are free to speak our thoughts even if we don't agree with each other.

Now shivering with nervous adrenaline, Kezzia just about manges to choke out an audible reply.

"If you're right, and Erathil ain't done nothing to me, and ain't ordered his armies to take over the Heartlands and kill anyone who tried to stop him, and he don't think elves are a better race than humans, then I take back what I said. But I ain't taking it back just cos you're threatening to kill me. Only if I'm wrong."
Characters:

Luke

Postby Luke » Tue May 17, 2011 3:38 pm

Warryn looks confused.

I didn't say I was going to kill you. I am a knight with honour... or something... and that means I have to tell you my intentions. I intend to duel you for honour. But you have apologised.

Let me tell you something about my brother. He has his flaws, as does everyone, but really he is just about family. The humans threaten his family, his high elves and all the elves. Last year when we were fighting his forces I gave my eternal servitude and loyalty to him to save the lives of my comrades, my family. It was too late of course, everyone seems to die. But he understood. He listened. He let me be his family. The forts were taken by me. They were abandoned. The heartlands was abandoned. The humans raised an army and camped it outside OUR homeland. I sent to armies to the forts to protect the refugees which were moving to a safe area. My own people were holed up in mountains under attacks from hopeslayers until he allowed me to bring them to a safe environment. He is protecting his family. As you would protect your friends. All I want is to find my family, Erathil and Kazrazil have found me, so I need to be there to find Temporil, Light, Shadow and Water... and maybe one day Danny... if he will have us. Then we can have a home. Erathil is just trying to save his people, but the humans spread viscous lies about how he is attacking them or murdering them. Yes there are some bad cases, but that is not Erathil.

War is war, however you slice it. We arn't in one yet, but if one begins I can bet your side won't take prisoners. Mostly because I will be there to stop every single one of them from hurting my family. That is honour. That is nobility.

and that was the most Warryn had ever spoken in his life.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Wed May 18, 2011 6:22 pm

Gizmo puts an arm around Kezzia.
We're not on anyone's side. We're on the Nomad side. Pretty much the only thing we've all got in common is a traumatic past and not having a home...And cos it seems like the big problem this world's had is elves against humans, a lot of our communal issues come from that. I don't really care what Erathil or the Harans or whatever do. But these people here are all part of my family, and if anyone hurts them, whichever ruler they have, then there's a fairly major problem. I guess if Terra's my sister and part of your kind then we're sort of related too. This isn't a war yet, but bad things have happened to lots of people, for lots of reasons because of it; whatever happened to Kez clearly isn't a lie, and is to do with high elves. So you can see why she might be a bit prejudiced. I'm sorry I can't help you find your family, but I'll keep an eye out for any...Coshwoods, was it? Actually, now you mention it, I have met a Coshwood. The wintry one. I don't think she agrees with Erathil though...Anyway, as it is, all I want is for my family to be alright, and you and your high elf mate're about to make one of my sisters die of fright. So yeah. Sorry.
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar
Gizmo - Light Elf Sorc/crafter, Captain of the Nomads, friend to rocks
Cinder - Efreet scout, High Priest of Eternity

Luke

Postby Luke » Wed May 18, 2011 7:10 pm

Warryn addresses Gizmo as the clear leader of the group
If you have nothing to do with Erathil or the Harans, then you will make sure that your family doesn't spout lies.

He was happy the issue was settled.
Just remember, an enemy of my brother is an enemy of myself. An enemy of his family gets me involved. If she is scared that is her own weak fault. Why you could even think my brother would care enough to get involved with one human is ridiculous.

Staring at Kezzia
If you have a problem with the High Elves, then now is your chance for satisfaction. If you ever want revenge then come find me, and I will happily remind you why I've outlived the great heroes of this land. Until then, I suggest you learn to keep your mouth shut until you can back it up.

Well this 'thankyou meeting' had gotten awkward.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

dainul

Postby dainul » Wed May 18, 2011 8:05 pm

A repetetive clanking jingle from along the shoreline hearalds the approach of another of the Nomads. The large feline's keen ears had picked up most of the argument, and a question had come to his mind. When he gets close enough (which for him means still quite far away) he calls out in greeting. "Gizmo! Reuben!... Warryn, wasn't it?" A couple of other new faces around get an interested glance, and a quick sniff (Improved sniff: any werewolves in the area?), but his attention returns to Warryn.

"So, something's right if you're strong enough to beat down the other guy? What would you do if I said you were a violent nutter and refused to apologise?" He is smiling slightly as he continues to advance, and stops half a dozen or so paces from the diamond elf. "Just wondering."
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

Luke

Postby Luke » Wed May 18, 2011 9:03 pm

That's not what I said. All I am saying is that before telling lies and insulting a knight to his face you had better be prepared to face the consequences. Otherwise I would try to be more polite. That is the way the world is run. It is the natural order of things. The Earth can only tolerate the strong to live. You must adapt to your situation. That is natural law. I am only here to enforce it and obey.

a voice in his head spoke 'wow that almost sounded clever.'

As I said, I was here only to pass on my thanks, not to be insulted and questioned. I had hoped I could do that without having my honour smashed up. I apologise for any offence I have caused to any of you. At the same time, I do not withdraw my statement.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

rachel

Postby rachel » Thu May 19, 2011 12:54 am

Kezzia is now far more confused than angry. So knights don't kill people for insulting them, they just beat them up pretty bad? Well, that's ok, a few more scars probably won't hurt her, but that isn't the only thing that is calming her down. Warryn ain't making any sense. Sure, maybe he just really don't like humans, or Erathil is just a misunderstood high elf who ain't racist or power-crazy, but she's pretty sure that ain't the case. If all Erathil wanted was peace and to find his family he wouldn't have needed an army. And what kind of person forces their brother to choose between being their servant, which is basically a slave, and their closest mates dying? More likely Warryn ain't thinking right, like the Winter elves she'd met in the Frozen North.

"I ain't a liar," she replies, voice quiet but much steadier. "I heard what I know about Erathil from high elves who was his followers. They liked to talk about all the great things he had done for their race, cept the things they mentioned mostly involved killing and torturing people who weren't elves."

She glances at the feline who has appeared next to her, catches his eye, and shakes her head to let him know she doesn't want him to fight. Then she looks Warryn square in the eye.

"I don't want revenge neither, and never had; it ain't like its gonna help anyone. And i don't get how you beating me up will prove anything other than you can afford better armour and weapons than me, and have spent more time practising fighting with a sword, but then I ain't properly met a knight before, and maybe we just think differently. Suppose you have gotta be strong to live, but I know plenty of people who are strong and couldn't win in a fight against you, cos it ain't that sort of strength they've got."

As she finishes speaking, she starts to chant another prayer in her head, this one far shorter but with much more focus.

Lord Danahil, is Warryn's mind free, or has some bastard taken control of his thoughts? ((OOC: Discern domination))
Characters:

Luke

Postby Luke » Thu May 19, 2011 8:07 am

(Not dominated... I don't think)
I never said I would beat you up either. I would fight you though, until one is the clear winner, that doesn't mean anyone has to be physically hurt. You say you have heard what Erathil has done, from torturers and murderers? Yet you trust them over a Paladin and knight? You hate someone because you associate them with idiots! But reject someone who has fought to save this world.

Warryn was very confused, he wondered if the human had any powers of reason or logic. Then questioned his own... then put those thoughts away.

The only aggressor here was you. Yet you make me out to be a barbarian because I have honour that I wish to defend. I have not lied, nor slated until my Brother and family have been made our to be murderers. If anyone thinks they are better than anyone else, it is yourself.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Return to “Mahtar”