NOT on a boat.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

dainul

Re: NOT on a boat.

Postby dainul » Thu May 19, 2011 9:26 am

Mezacoatl laughs at Warryn's response and flips his staff over to his left hand. "Good think I'm not here to insult you, then." He steps forward, holding out his right hand.

"How've you been? Got any leads on those followers of the bastard murderers?"
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

rachel

Postby rachel » Thu May 19, 2011 10:58 am

There is a moment where Kezzia looks a bit stunned. Why is Warryn reacting to every thing she says like its a personal insult? All she's doing was defending herself against his claim that she's a liar, cos she ain't a liar. She's pretty common, and certainly shit at talking to knights, but she ain't a liar.

Taking a deep breath, she tries for one last time, keeping her voice quiet and calm.

"Right, I heard high elves who said they was followers of Erathil talking about him torturing and killing non elven people, yeah? And before I met you I ain't heard anyone say any different, so when you start chatting about Erathil, and how my mates should join him, I think that's what you mean. Yeah? So then i get pissed, and then you get pissed cos you've met Erathil, and you say I'm wrong and I don't know what I'm chatting about. So I say well, i ain't ever heard anyone say that Erathil ain't a murderer or a racist, but you've actually met him, so if i'm wrong i take back what i said. I don't get how that's trusting torturers over a knight.
But my proper point is that it ain't really just humans that are thinking Erathil does them things like torture people- its high elves too. And they're doing a load of shit in his name that I'm reckoning you wouldn't like them doing. And that's what i'm proper against. And you keep calling me a liar, but i'm just saying i ain't a liar, i'm just against anyone who does them things, and if i heard about Erathil from people who claimed to follow him then it makes sense that i believed them, don't it.
I ain't so sure what a barbarian is, so i dunno how i made you out to be one. Maybe i do think i'm better than people who hurt other people just cos they can, i ain't ever thought about it before, but seeing as you've just got kinda angry thinking about me trusting a murderer and torturer over you, i reckon you think you're better than them people too. And maybe we're right."

She shrugs. The fear has mostly worn off now, though she still occassionally tenses at the thought of being so close to a high elf, and has been replaced by exhaustion. At least she knows that she doesn't have to find a way to free Warryn's mind, even though that would have made understanding him easier. She grins at Mezacoatl, and steps back to let him do the rest of the talking. If Warryn still don't understand her then there is no hope from this conversation.
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

Luke

Postby Luke » Thu May 19, 2011 12:47 pm

Warryn looks blank. That was a LOT of words. Involving a LOT of potential insults... maybe? He wasn't sure, he loved being his Gods follower but sometimes the expectation with it was difficult. I mean of course he was better, he was a Gerethenax follower for a start.

he mulled it all over in his head, and then a sharp sardonic voice inside his ears councelled him.
She has basically said she's sorry. This is dull. If you arn't going to kill anyone can I suggest we do something more interesting. Like find out about that report, or get your stupid friend from the hopewastes.

I'm going to put this all down to what my friend Shogo called a 'misunderstanding' it's Air elf magic or something. Of course I am better than them. I've been to act this way when someone insults me. I understand that you didn't mean to now, but you must understand that I am forced to act this way.

He took the hand which was extended to him and gripped it.

No news, but I heard Reuben also caught one? I still don't know how to kill that damned paladin, but he can't beat me either. Very annoying. Brother will kill him though. Then I'll bury him up to his neck aand peasants can kick his face as they walk past.

He stated that last fact with conviction.
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Sam

Postby Sam » Fri May 20, 2011 4:57 pm

Terra tears shining eyes away from the palladin of her god, allowing thoughts of having a home, finally a place where she would belong to wash over her. Her eyes flicker to the awaiting ship and then to Gizmo's pirate hat and eye patch and she realises that Gizmo has her heart set on this death plan. And she can't leave Gizmo.
She tunes into the conversation and has to suppress a flash of irritation when Kezzia insults him and his brother, erathil. Not because she's afraid Warryn will be upset, she doubts very much whether Warryn would care for any longer than it would take to wipe her blood off his sword, but because if she fights so will we. And we'll die.
Uneasily, she waits for any sign of attack from either side, determined that if anyone attacks she'll be between them. But the tension blows over and in the awkward silence that follows, she allows her mind to once more drift wistfully to the idea of home.
She turns hopeful eyes to Warryn.
"Can we visit the city sometime? Where is it? How can I get there?"
Terra the Earth Elf Warrior

Edd

Postby Edd » Sat May 21, 2011 5:44 pm

Reuben tried to explain the situation as he sees it to Kezzia,

"If you asked a fey what they thought about me, especially one from Desire's court, they'd call me a scheming, evil, manipulative, selfish and ungrateful brat. If you asked a Nomad what they thought about me, it would be different, and I guess nicer. This difference of opinion just seems to be a matter of perspective. Sir Warryn has a different op pinion to you, now that doesn't make either of you right, or wrong, just different. I can understand his reaction too - if he came over here and called me a 'racist bastard' then you'd get very upset - even though it's true - I don't like fey, they're bad. Like pacts."

After this, he turns back to Warryn.

"Thank you for your comments. Zemapatis was a friend, and before some bad things happened to me, bringing him back was what I would have wanted. Hopefully I won't have to do it again, though I believe the culprit is back in the land of the living."
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

Luke

Postby Luke » Sat May 21, 2011 7:21 pm

Warryn ignores everything and stares straight at Reuben.

WHERE?

The voice inside stirred, Find it. Hunt it. Break it. Smash it. Bury it.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Sat May 21, 2011 10:25 pm

Relieved that Reuben seemed to have broken the tension and wanting to help again, Gizmo breaks in.
We dunno where it is, but it disguises itself. It looked like a wood elf when we first met it, but then we caught it and killed it and it looked like a demond. So it's not easy to find...It can be killed though...we - well, Reuben really - tricked it. But then it came back again.
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar
Gizmo - Light Elf Sorc/crafter, Captain of the Nomads, friend to rocks
Cinder - Efreet scout, High Priest of Eternity

Luke

Postby Luke » Sun May 22, 2011 12:11 am

Ahh! I don't have time to chase her right now. There is another matter calling my attention. Hmmm fey... do you know something called Pride?

Warryn was hopeful, this was starting to become a useful meeting...
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

rachel

Postby rachel » Mon May 23, 2011 1:15 pm

Kezzia is getting sick of being lectured. When her mates had been badmouthing the fey, she hadn't started accusing them of being wrong or racist, or tried explaining the fey's point of view like they was too stupid to understand the situation. She'd trusted them. And Reuben certainly hated the fey more than she hated high elves, or at least, he hadn't spent half his essence keeping one alive when they'd been helping out that god. Is it only her who thinks Warryn is contradicting himself everytime he speaks? Or that although the things he says about Erathil probably have a lot of truth in them, they ain't the whole picture?

She's also not particularly impressed that Reuben has neglected to mention it was the entire gang of nomads, not just him, who'd entered the fey realm to bring back Zem from the hopewastes. Ok, so she personally didn't really help, but Terra had given her life for it, as well as Rosanki, and from the way her earth elf mate is staring at Warryn in awe, Kezzia reckons it would mean a lot to her if he knew she'd died so Zem could be brought back. Wouldn't do no harm anyway.

In fact, seeing as the conversation is no longer focused on her, she thinks its best she leaves. She'd only stopped to support her mates and heal them if they were attacked, but seems she's the only one who thinks the situation dangerous. Besides, all she's doing here is causing trouble, and that ain't no good. She slowly moves to the back of the group, waiting for the rest of her gang to be engrossed in conversation, before quietly moving away and closer to the boat. At the edge of the gangplank she carefully places her make-shift bag, and then strips off her shoes and woolen jacket, leaving them and her axe in a small pile next to the bag. Walking to the end of the jetty, she checks for any approaching ships, sees none, and leaps into the sea.

Its ice-cold waters take her breath away for a moment, and she gasps in exhilaration. This is better. A place where she can think clearly and she don't have no earth elves chatting shit about Erathil or threatening her with a sword. She swims a few lengths to warm her muscles and get used to the weight of her clothes in the water, and then with one last glance at the nomads to make sure they're ok, she dives under the surface.
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

Edd

Postby Edd » Fri May 27, 2011 11:52 pm

"Pride is one of the courts of the fey. I don't know if you've met one of his court or the lord himself. If it is the latter, then he has made a grave mistake coming into this world. A world where he can die...why do you ask?"
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

Luke

Postby Luke » Mon May 30, 2011 11:43 am

I've never met 'Pride' before. But Biggins here...

The high elf looked up with utter hatred and disdain, his real name was Alaquil... apparently his general thought that sounded like an air elf name...

Biggins here has a letter he read me saying that a Pride has declared himself above my brother's law and is going around killing elves. So I think he's on Gerethenax's great earth. Want to come along for the trip? Erathil won't like having a human around... neither will Biggins McHighrock...

That was definitely a new addition.

But if you saved Zem then that's alright with me. Oh yeah and everyone here who can wield a shield... If you would like to join my very prest... my prestidigid... my very prestigimadige... my strong guild, then you are welcome. Though I must warn you, everyone who has ever joined has died... but I'm positive you'll all be fine.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Return to “Mahtar”