'Still' Looking For Friends

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

'Still' Looking For Friends

Postby BlueTressym » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:49 pm

Kendra approaches Mahtar, hoping the tales she has heard are true. If they are, then Reith is here. Veltan was remaining outside and Kendra could not fault him, only the knowledge that to brave the city might lead her to Reith had convinced her to do so; why humans seemed to like the smelly, noisy places so much was beyond her.

She has learned that the armed humans who stood by the walls and gates were guards, and that they stared a lot, but sometimes knew things. If they did not, often the places humans called taverns contained people who knew other people. As she reaches the gate she speaks to the first person she sees who appears to be a guard. "You know Reith? Him makes weapons of demon pieces."

^Kendra^
(WoA): 'Lia' Goldmoon; Light elf Celebrant of Lenamo
Kendra; Cat, Curious, - and ALIVE!
Mirya Sohail; High Mage and expatriate
'Rilla' Moonheart; "Bad-Ass Life Elf" - ?!?!?!
Amavaine Kalythaer; Elven/Avian Sorceress

Sonny

Re: 'Still' Looking For Friends

Postby Sonny » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:42 pm

*following the path back to town Tiny carried his latest catch over his shoulders, the deer hanging lifeless on him , swinging gently as he waddled along. Stopping just short of the gates he spotted a most curious sight, a snow leopard like from back home, but standing upright and wearing cloths. most perplexed by this he waddled closer, the sight of the round walrus hauling meat and goods into Mahtar was becoming a regular sight as he nodded to the guards, waiting a few metres behind the feline to get a better look, standing there head to toe In mixed furs tied to his spherical form*

((T.I.N.Y))
I'm not a big fat monster...... I'm THE Big Fat Monster
Sonny "McCuddles" Bigwood ((185))

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:19 pm

Kendra finishes speaking to the guard, only to notice a most unusual scent behind her, in fact a very odd Mix of scents. She sniffs the air, getting a waft of deer meat that makes her mouth water, but also something that is almost like fish, but strong and with a mammalian aspect. Perplexed, she half-turns and sees a creature, the likes of which she has never seen before. It looked vaguely like some large mammal she thinks she recalls seeing soon after landing on the mainland, but has human-like features too. It is covered with fur in various colours, but it seems to be clothing or concealing it rather than being a part of it. There is a strong smell fish and other odours she encountered by the sea, but also scents of the wilds. Kendra stares openly, the guard almost forgotten as she tries to make sense of this strange creature. (OC: Improved Sniff)

^Kendra^

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:42 pm

((ooc scent: as you rightly guessed, lots of mixed scents from the woods sea, and beach along with the scent of deer and fish. His own scent is almost Identical to a walrus though with the trace of magic like a mistborn. Aka mistborn Walrus))

*starring curiously back as the feline stares at him, Tiny rubbed the end of one of his tusks in thought before putting on a big smile, flicking his shoulder up to re-adjust the deer to stop it slipping off*
"ello there little skinny, you look rather lost to me, you wouldnt happen to need a hand would ya? I'm newish ere maself, but always happy to help a fellow traveler."

((T.I.N.Y.))

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:43 pm

Kendra looks even more perplexed as she tries to follow the strange creature's words. It speaks oddly, even more oddly than humans. "What is you?" she asks it, tilting her head to one side curiously. She pushes a lock of bright blue hair away from her face, tucking it behind one cat-like ear.

^Kendra^

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:40 am

*smiling he offered a hand to shake, puffing his already large chest put proudly*
"most just call me Tiny, much easier ya know, so Tiny the Walrus."

*glancing for a moment at his catch tiny shrugged to wiggle it slightly as he slapped his spare hand on it's flank*
"ya wouldnt happen to be hungry would ya? What should I call ya skinny ?"

((T.I.N.Y))

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:02 pm

Kendra takes a moment adjusting to the speech pattern but she is familiar with the custom humans have of shaking hands as a greeting, and so was this... Walrus? Mentally working her way through the words she realises he is asking her name and that he - she realises this 'walrus' seems to be a male - calls himself 'Tiny'. That was odd, she thought 'tiny' meant very small.

Kendra extends her own hand. "I is..." she pauses for a moment; that was wrong, wasn't it? "...am Kendra. You know Reith?" she added, hopefully.

^Kendra^

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:35 pm

*smiling more at the feline's confusion and hesitation, trying to figure out if she was shy or just still learning as he took her hand, holding it softly before pulling her against his soft cushioned belly suddenly ((strength 3)) , laughing as he did and giving her a pat on the back before removing his arm to free her*
"that there is a proper greeting, ask me humans are too formal sometimes. Kendra is it eh? Good to meet ya, your Reith friend wouldnt happen to be a blacksmith would he? If so I havnt met him, but definitely know of the poor chap."

((T.I.N.Y.))

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:40 pm

Caught off guard by Tiny's sudden action, Kendra lets out a surprised mrowl and instinctively tries to pull away. Failing, she scratches at him (OC: No damage, just ouch) to try and make him let go of her. A thought occurs to her and even as he lets go, she is already hissing out the words of a spell, understandable only to those familiar with the Felines, and translating roughly as "Eremethal's power, make this creature go away!" (OC: Whirlwind)

Freed, she glares at him, her body in a defensive posture, her fur ruffled and her tail twitching angrily. "You not grab Kendra!"

^Kendra^

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:26 pm

*finding the scatching at his layers of Fur rather adorable Tiny didn't really notice her chanting as he was speaking until he finished and the wind picked up and exploded in his face out of no-where. The large creature getting pushes back by the magical gale, losing his balance  as his leg caught a stone and ungracefully fell, landing with a very laud thud on his back. Laying there on the ground he resembled a beached whale more then anything else as he rocked from side to side before managing to grab the rock and pull himself up from it, laughing whole heartily as he dusted himself off and collected the fish that were now spread across the ground quickly, picking up his deer he turned to the feline again*
"hahaha my my that's one heck of a greeting ya have yaself little skinny, no offence meant, just how we say ello up north ya know."

*checking himself once over quickly he continued to chuckle as he adjusted his catch*
"would ya lookie that, I only went and snapped me bleeding rod haha, arrr well gimme something to do tonight. Now little Kendra I'm heading to my camp to cook this ere deer, your welcome to join me if your hungry and I can tell you what I know of ya friend Reith, no more traditional greeting i promise, what ya say?"

((T.I.N.Y.))

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Mon May 02, 2011 10:48 pm

Kendra eyes the walrus suspiciously and for a moment wonders if he'd still be laughing had she used some of the more unfriendly spells she knew rather than just a whirlwind. However, since her time in the Hopewastes, she has a new appreciation for life and doesn't Really want to send anyone or anything there if she can avoid it, even if they are annoying. Well, she amends that thought, anything except Midari...

Her hackles are still raised, and as she sorts through his words amidst his laughter, her first inclination is to stalk away; she doesn't appreciate being laughed at by one of the silliest-looking creatures she has ever seen! However, he says he knows Reith and that is enough, at least for now. Grudgingly, she relaxes her stance somewhat, although she remains wary.

"Kendra want find Reith, him friend. You not grab Kendra any more, not Kitten!"

^Kendra^

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Mon May 02, 2011 11:39 pm

"haha ya don't av to worry wee skinny, I won't be hugging ya any time soon, not after that greeting, not many who can send me flying I tells ya. Shall we then? My camps just down by the water, not too far."

*with a big smile Tiny headed pass Kendra and friendlily patted the rather confused guard on the shoulder to reassure him as the walrus passed, almost knocking the poor chap down. Staring off into the busy streets Tiny did a very good job at parting the crowd, having no issues what so every as people got out of his rather snappish. Humming to himself as he waddled on, occasionally checking over his shoulder to see if Kendra was still in toe.

Heading straight through rather quickly due to the lack of people in his path, Tiny ended up by one of the smaller piers waving to a few of the traders as he passed and they greeted him, tossing one of them the basket of fish he was carrying as they quickly exchanged pleasantries. Walking down the steps by the water he vanished from the street view and plonked himself down in his little camp under the pier. It was very simplistic, consisting of a sheltered area with a large pile of fur scraps under it, a fire place, part of a skeletal skiff from a large canoe, various pieces of wood and mixed junk in a pile and a few odd tools. Tiny sat down beside the smouldering fire and slung the deer onto his lap, looking at the steps to await his guest*

((T.I.N.Y))

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Tue May 03, 2011 3:54 pm

Kendra follows in Tiny's not-so-tiny wake, her head turning this way and that as she tries to absorb the sights, sounds, and smells of the city. When they reach the place he calls the 'camp' and he goes inside, she bounds down the steps then peers in from outside, allowing her eyes to adjust to the gloom. She's not at all keen on being inside small places but she needs to hear about Reith, and she's very hungry. Stepping just inside, she sits near the entrance, on the alert and ready to bolt at once if necessary. "This home?"

^Kendra^

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Tue May 03, 2011 9:37 pm

*smiling over at Kendra Tiny leaned over slightly and took a few pieces of wood from his pile of odd bits, placing them on the fire place*
"yup its home for now little skinny, true not much but it does the job. washed up on these shores with nout, been making due."

*after poking the fire a few times to help it back to life he took a small blade from around his ankle and began to skilfully skin the Deer, cutting through it's hide like paper.*
"so wee Kendra, just wanna hear bout ya Reith friend, or care to tell me bout yaself?"

((T.I.N.Y.))

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Tue May 03, 2011 11:59 pm

Kendra looks thoughtful as she sniffs at the air, while deciphering Tiny's speech. "You- creature of sea? You not look like fish"

^Kendra^

Return to “Mahtar”