Nandine, the grounds of the healing centre - Fionan's Grove

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

spsblue

Nandine, the grounds of the healing centre - Fionan's Grove

Postby spsblue » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:00 pm

The calming musical flow of the ornamental fountain helped relax Fionan as he returned at long last to his grove.

The fountain spirit is aligned to both water magic and healing magic. It is through this spirit's influence that Fin now primarily draws his new found water magic.

As well as being a fountain for those of various races who are recovering at the healing centre, the fountain and the pool it stands in hosts and nourishes a wide rang of local wildlife that would not be seen this deep in a human habitation - if Nandine was a more regimented and less nature-oriented city. The natural spring feeding the pool and fountain winds its way through the grounds of the healing centre before eventually joining the main river.

Fionan settles himself down on the grassy bank of the pool, watching the fountain overflowing the stone bowl and cascading down into the pool where the frogs and fish swim in the crystal clear water. He breathes deeply of the faintly other-worldly peace, but rather than meditating, he soon begins people-watching those in the grounds.
Andy Cooper or
Kestrel Updraft (Avian scholar)
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)
Corporal Cynrick DEAD (3)
Fionan Druce (Life Elf Druid)
WOA: Jasper Methlar (Telefret High Mage)

Breccan

Re: Nandine, the grounds of the healing centre - Fionan's Grove

Postby Breccan » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:30 pm

*A human, wearing green and black with a hood pulled over his head against the light rain. He walks toward the fountain obviously lost in his thoughts before looking up with a start, suprised to see anyone there.*

"I'm sorry, I didn't know anyone else came here, I didn't mean to intrude. Would you mind if I were to join you here a while? I find this the best place to come for peace and quiet to think without leaving the city"
Teyaspa, a wild Everni hunter.

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:45 pm

" It is indeed, when the spirits recognise and accept you, Lenanuki's gift of peace can flow most freely. Please, be welcome. "
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Breccan

Postby Breccan » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:55 pm

*Teyaspa pulls his hood down*

"May the Gods grant you good day. Are you a citizen? I did not know many elves resided in Nandine."

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:18 pm

" Good-day to you.... sir. " Fionan bows his head in accnoledgement of the Haran of the Everni.

" I'm not technically a citzen, but I do have residence papers. There aren't many of us, but the Healer's Guild welcomes those from all races and we go through the proper proceedures. I know of at least three other elves at the healing centre and even a blue shirakan. "

" Fionan Druce, honored to meet you. "

<Fionan>
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:45 pm

Rilla wanders out of the Healing Centre into the grounds. She is glad to have returned; there she can at least heal, soothe and help those in need, as she had always wanted to. Even returning to the place where she had first felt truly at home have not lightened her thoughts however, which are still full of demons, death and terror.

She decides to head for Fin's grove; she knows he will not mind her being there. She is aware that he likes the company of others, and even just their presence nearby, and spends a lot of time simply observing them there from the shade of a tree near the fountain.

*Rilla*
(WoA): 'Lia' Goldmoon; Light elf Celebrant of Lenamo
Kendra; Cat, Curious, - and ALIVE!
Mirya Sohail; High Mage and expatriate
'Rilla' Moonheart; "Bad-Ass Life Elf" - ?!?!?!
Amavaine Kalythaer; Elven/Avian Sorceress

Breccan

Postby Breccan » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:20 pm

*Teyaspa looks uncomfortable*

"Please, don't worry yourself with my title. It is not important at this moment. And do not concern yourself with papers either, Nandine is a free city. All Everni or those willing to work are welcome here. Besides, a good healer is far more important than a hunter no matter how grand his title makes him sound."

*He shuffles a little*

"I hear little from the Healer's Guild. I hope they do not have much to keep them busy?"

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:27 am

" It is relatively quiet at the moment, long may it continue. The mental affects of the temporary fall of the Gods and the other overshadowing events recently have shocked many, both those injured and the healthy faithful. Those effects take longer to heal, and are unaffected by magic. "

<Fionan>
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:00 pm

Resting from his labour Hardes had slumped against a small tree, *enjoying a quick shower under what was left in his waterskin. Since the boat has landed and he had traveld with the refugees to this settlement his mind had been unable to leave behind the memories of that day and of all the faces that had vanished from the world, still taking in all the new sights Des had taken it on himself to help in the construction of temporary shelters for the refugees and had been working when ever he could since their arrival, though he was in no way a skilled builder the work served as a great distraction and helping always put a smile on his face. Taking a break from his labour as he sat there, watching all the unfamiliar faces going by, still proudly wearing his shield and blade on his back as memory to his home land.

Blinking a few times as he looked down the path, recognising the approaching figure of a female elf, smiling as he got up and briskly jogged over, glad to see a familiar face outside the refugee camp*
"Rilla! Aaa few it was you, was hoping not to embarrass a random stranger haha, how are you keeping?

((Hardes Volourius))
I'm not a big fat monster...... I'm THE Big Fat Monster
Sonny "McCuddles" Bigwood ((185))

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:13 pm

Rilla smiles as she sees 'Des approaching. She holds out both hands, palms upward in the traditional elven gesture of respect as she greets him "I am glad you're well now 'Des. Do you like Nandine?" She then lowers her hands and gestures in the direction of the fountain. "Have you seen Fin's grove yet?"

*Rilla*

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:10 pm

*smiling back and watching curiously as Rills raises her hands up, he pauses for a moment before mimicking the action, not seeing it before but guessing it was some form of polite greeting, also lowering his hands as she did and pointing in the same direction.*
"it certainly is a nice place, very at ease, almost balanced with it's surroundings, I've never lived like this to be honest, but the others are all settling down well and acclimatising.... Personally I miss the golden fields of home, but I'm guessing it's natural to yearn for your birthplace I guess. And no I havnt seen Finn for a while, I guessed he was at the healing guild like yourself, if your heading that way mind if I tag along, my minds been aching for more tales of your dragon and will be nice to see Finn"

((Hardes Volourius))

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:29 pm

Fionan smiles in recognition as his friends approach.

" Please, come sit and enjoy the atmosphere. Would anyone like a drink from the fountain? it is the purest spring water and the spirit likes to be appreciated. "

<Fionan>
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:53 pm

Rilla appreciates the gesture from 'Des, "It's a traditional elven greeting" she explains to him, "a bit like humans shaking hands, but not just for formality. Not all elves use it, ones spending a lot of time among humans usually shake hands instead in situations where humans would"

When they reach the fountain Rilla greets Fin and drinks from the fountain. "Thank you for your generosity, kind spirit" she murmurs politely as she steps back; she has been through this drinking ritual before and from Fin she knows that spirits like to be thanked just as people do.

*Rilla*

Luke

Postby Luke » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:12 pm

From the ground earth erupts and breaks. Clay flies out in chunks, not large enough to hurt anyone but enough to make a modest mess.
Soon the pile of earth rising from the ground grows to about 6ft in diameter and a creatures face pops up. It looks like a badger, but much larger and almost mixed with a mole... The creature is wearing dark glasses, leading most people to assume he is blind and has giant shining claws.

The creature sniffs and then looks at the adventurers here gathered.

I'm terribly sorry to interrupt! I'll clean up the er mess aswell..he looks around at his handy work...

I was led to believe a Diamond Elf, a great follower of Gerethenax, was here? His name was err, Zamerlattice? Zommernotice? Zemepatis?

He jumps up and crawls out of his hole, presumable burrowed by him using earth magic.

My name is Grayson, messenger and courier extroadinaire!! Travelling the earth for those who respect it.
With this he glances around and tries to shuffle some of the displaced earth into the hole. A motion that would have been subtle, if he were quite so blind and obvious.

Anyways yeah, I have a message for Zimmerpatio, any idea where he is?

He grins a charming smile, that of a worldy wise and simple creature, unknowing of the dangers of war.
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:46 am

"arrr I see, I hope it's not just for elves. When we have tome il have to take you through the greetings we had back home, not sure when it became tradition but we have different ones for almost every situation, mind you I tried to block most of that stuff back when I was being schooled ha, really wanted to just get out into the fields and play."
Hardes followed Rilla, smiling to himself as he remembered all the fun he used to have in the farming fields, and all the trouble it used to get him into.

Walking into the grove Des paused for a moment to take in it's beauty, taking a deep breath of the fresh moist air, looking over at Fin and the new face, greeting them as Rilla had shown him, raising his palms up, before lowering them again and the pointing to the left, giving a friendly smile to them both. Reaching back to find his waterskin Des stops suddenly, dropping to one knee and placing a hand on the ground as he gelt the vibrations, instictvly rising back up as the ground starting to crack open, drawing his family sword and shield and standing in-between the growing hole and the others with his shield raised. Peaking out curiously as the miniature eurotion of earth stops, and again pausing though this time more out of shock to see this strange creature poking out of a hole, and not only that but start talking to them, looking more dumbstruck then anything though keeping the shield in hand as he lowered his blade, looking back at the others and then to this strange messenger, being completely lost for word.

((hardes volourius))

Return to “Nandine”