Fionan's grove (after 2010 saga)

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

spsblue

Fionan's grove (after 2010 saga)

Postby spsblue » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:14 am

A group of tired heroes returns to Nandine healing centre after the Everni Harran has secured the city. Fionan returns to his grove to rest for now.

<Fionan>
Andy Cooper or
Kestrel Updraft (Avian scholar)
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)
Corporal Cynrick DEAD (3)
Fionan Druce (Life Elf Druid)
WOA: Jasper Methlar (Telefret High Mage)

dainul

Re: Fionan's grove (after 2010 saga)

Postby dainul » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:13 am

Sitting next to the fountain when he arrives, Fionan finds a human he doesn't recognise, with purple tattoos running down the right side of his face. Tristain had avoided the evacuation round-up and spent several hours wandering in the mist-enshrouded city before withdrawing, unaffected from the mist. When it was drawn away, he was still quite close to the city, and so he had returned, and found somewhere to sit and ponder.
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:56 pm

Rilla is wandering nearby, but has not approached the fountain. She is looking for Hardes, hoping to have that long-promised talk with him, and is scanning the area as she walks.

*Rilla*
(WoA): 'Lia' Goldmoon; Light elf Celebrant of Lenamo
Kendra; Cat, Curious, - and ALIVE!
Mirya Sohail; High Mage and expatriate
'Rilla' Moonheart; "Bad-Ass Life Elf" - ?!?!?!
Amavaine Kalythaer; Elven/Avian Sorceress

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:05 pm

" Good day and well met. May I join you? I am Fionan Druce, Healer in the Nandine Healing Centre over yonder."
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

dainul

Postby dainul » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:53 pm

The man looks up at Fionan's approach, and regards him with a wary, even slightly hostile look. It takes him an uncomfortably long moment to reply. "Tristain Lockwood. Go ahead." He continues to watch the elf carefully, and for a moment his hand drifts to one of his swords, brushing the hilt before returning to where it was.

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:53 pm

Fionan sits down in the most non-threatening way he can, casting his eye over the human looking for any obvious injuries <DNW>, then he looks past Tristain at the fountain and the burbling brook.

" So, what brings you to Nandine? Don't feel you have to answer, you'd be welcome to sit here and enjoy the peace of this glade either way. "

<Fionan>
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

dainul

Postby dainul » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:10 pm

((Uninjured))

"I'm Everni." He says, simply. Apparently that's all the reason he feels is necessary. "Why did you come here?"

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:54 pm

Fionan nods, " Welcome home. "

" Lenamo's sanctuary was ruined, and your people have always been more understanding of nature and the spirits than most. I want to do what I can to help the people - real help - not flashy instant fixes. I'd heard good things about the healer guild here and petitioned for entry. They accepted and this glade welcomed me. "

<Fionan>
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

dainul

Postby dainul » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:53 pm

Tristain lapses into silence. He forces himself to relax a little more. The elf was hardly going to be part of the Order, and to distrust him because he is a creature of magic... He closes his eyes. How long was he going to keep jumping at shadows?

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:51 pm

After following the evacuation of the city, having followed his refugees all the way to best ensure their safe travels Hardes also returned with them as the city was given the all clear, spending most of the day helping people find their residence again, ensuring everyone had enough supplies for the days end and helping to reasure the lost children before heading back into the heart of the settlement. going straight to the grove again hoping to meet up with the elves again, walking back into the grove he let out a relieved smile to see their faces again, noticing a new face with Finn and that there were slightly distracted Des walked over toward Rilla, holding his palms up for her before lowering them and pointing to the left.*

"good day Rilla, glad to see you made it back to the forest again, mind explaining to me what on earth that was about, all we were told was it was unsafe to remain here?"
I'm not a big fat monster...... I'm THE Big Fat Monster
Sonny "McCuddles" Bigwood ((185))

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:34 pm

Rilla sees 'Des and wondering why he has added an odd gesture to the traditional elven greeting, she thinks back and realises he has apprently mistaken her pointing to indicate the direction of Fin's Grove, for part of the greeting itself. "Des! I'm glad to see you." She returns the palms-upward gesture "Oh 'Des, I'm sorry! You misunderstood my meaning; when I first greeted you, I followed it by pointing to indicate the direction to Fin's Grove, as you were new here and I wasn't sure whether you knew where it was. It isn't part of the greeting" She looks apologetic, then smiles in a slightly mischievous way, "It's an interesting variation though!" and laughs.

"As for your question, I'm sorry, but I don't know much more than you. I know it was because of the pink mist that we had to evacuate here, it suddenly spread rapidly for some reason, and it's highly dangerous. I'm just glad we were able to get everyone out safely and that it's now gone so we could come back." she looks thoughtful for a moment. "I wonder if it has anything to do with that message that Grayson brought for Zem; he hasn't really said what it was about"

Rilla shakes her head, as if shrugging off her thoughts and smiles at 'Des again. "Anyway, we're all safe now, Celestial Dragon be praised!" Instinctively her hand goes to the silver dragon pendant around her neck

*Rilla*

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:24 am

*looking at Rilla blank for a moment Des's face went from his usual smile to a rather embarrassed look, chuckling to himself slightly and looking down as he rubbed the back of this head until looking back up, resuming the usual smile, trying the now refined greeting.*
“haha must of looked quite strange doing that all this time, no wonder I was getting weird looks, might have been, still not sure what to make of that messenger, he seemed friendly enough but…. Well it’s just the whole thing of getting used to animals that can talk you know? All still very new to me.”

*looking back around the grove Des breathed in deeply, walking slowly towards the waters and kneeling to fill his water skin again*
“what ever it was all about I’m glad it has been sorted, maybe I will check in the local tavern haha, they always tell the best stories to explain these wild happenings. Id have to give praise to your dragon as well, its surely remarkable that with all that has been happening no one else has been lost. Speaking of your Lord, do you think you would have free time soon, id love to learn more about his teachings if you would care to regal me?”

((Hardes Volourius))
I'm not a big fat monster...... I'm THE Big Fat Monster
Sonny "McCuddles" Bigwood ((185))

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:18 am

Rilla walks beside 'Des as he makes his way towards the fountain. "I'd be glad to tell you anything you want to know 'Des; what sort of questions do you have?"

As 'Des is filling his waterskin at the fountain Rilla greets Fionan and the human companion she doesn't recognize. "A new friend Fin?" Turning to the stranger she smiles at him, holding both her hands out, palms upward. "Welcome to Nandine"

*Rilla*

dainul

Postby dainul » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:20 pm

Tristain looks up at the elf and the human accompanying her. "That should probably be the other way 'round." He says with a half-smile. "I got back before most people."

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:00 am

"Oh, I am sorry; I thought you were new here. I don't recall seeing you before, and I'm sure I'd remember you!" Rilla's pale complexion becomes slightly luminous, her expression slightly embarrassed.

She hastily turns to 'Des. "Shall we walk for a while 'Des?" she suggests, "and I'll answer all your questions"

*Rilla*

Return to “Nandine”