Fionan's grove (after 2010 saga)

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Sonny

Re: Fionan's grove (after 2010 saga)

Postby Sonny » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:19 am

*Filling his watersupply back up Des took a sip before climbing to his feet, corking the skin and stashing it under his belt for safe keeping, arching his back to stretch it out*
"sounds like a plan Rilla, you might want to lead though, I still managed to get lost around here from time to time, i swear this place changes everytime I sleep haha."

*looking Over to the other two briefly Des smiles and softly bowed his head for brief moment*
"goodday to you both"

"now Rilla shall we? I'd love to hear of the teachings of this dragon of yours, how he came to be, his other followers and does he actively interfere with our world for the best. Nearest I've known to a god was the giver of life...... I wonder what became of our leader?"
*thinking back for a moment Des sighed before getting ready to follow Rilla, eager to hear about her lord dragon.*

((Hardes Volourius))
I'm not a big fat monster...... I'm THE Big Fat Monster
Sonny "McCuddles" Bigwood ((185))

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:36 am

As Des and Rilla wonder off in deep conversation Fionan rises from his resting place.

" My shift will be starting soon, so I'll have to leave you now. Enjoy the peace here, the water is delicious and you are welcome to drink if you are at all thirsty. "

With that, Fionan returns to the healing centre building.

<Fionan>
Andy Cooper or
Kestrel Updraft (Avian scholar)
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)
Corporal Cynrick DEAD (3)
Fionan Druce (Life Elf Druid)
WOA: Jasper Methlar (Telefret High Mage)

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:35 pm

((Much later))

Sat in the usual manner, eyes closed as he naps for the first time in a week, Kira sleeps under a tree within the grove. His sleeping is light, sword propped over one shoulder, ready to be drawn if need be. He hadnt really intended to go to a grove like this. Actually, he didnt know WHERE he had wanted to go, but it was far away. Far from killing, far from Despair (though Despair could find him, he assumed, if He wished), and far from combat. All he wanted was to be left alone now, to sleep...to forget about the number of lives he had taken that...recently had been plaguing him. It always had niggled in his mind: "You stole their lives, their futures, al that they held dear." but he had never thought about it. Recently, the thoughts had been more...obvious.

It made him wonder: He claimed not to wish to take life, claimed he didnt want to be the cause of death...but by the Gods he was good at it. When he thought back, he remembered times the enemies had been so easily killed, he hadnt eve bothered to think about it. Other times, they had nearly killed him...but somehow, he lived. Yes, he had died once...but he had come back anyway. And he had learnt. He knew his limits...and had developed ways around them, just to be sure.
Maybe it had BEEN the process of dying that made him start to realize what he had done to others? Seemed likely. But what else could he do? He killed a few people to save a larger number, yet...
Yet it wasnt enough. There was always someone left to kill, or people he COULDNT save. It made him want to take his own life forthwith, but if he did, what then? People had died to let him live. Would he forsake them? No.

The thoughts never stopped cycling though, till Kira was too tired to think, and slept...
His dreams showed him the faces of the people he had killed...Showed him faces of those who died for him. Showed him the Demonic sword.
Maybe all he needed to do was give in to the blood lust the sword had shown him...
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:56 pm

The grove remains peaceful, the peace almost tangible and permeating through the air. But it now seems to have a slight edge, an interest if you will, the stream babbles, but to those that can sense such things - it is more than merely a stream.
Last edited by spsblue on Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:49 pm

Rilla is walking near the stream. Her thoughts, as usual, are with her deity. The bright sun is welcome after days of rain and breathing deeply, she tilts her head upwards to feel the warmth on her face. After a few breaths she continues her walk. Knowing that Fin is tending patients inside the Healing Centre, Rilla is slightly surprised to see a figure leaning against the tree where he usually sits. Moving closer, she ascertains that the figure is human and appears to be asleep. Her healing instincts active as always, she decides against disturbing him, but quietly murmurs "Dragon of Life, grant me the insight to know what ails this person" (OC: Diagnosis)

*Ruilsara Moonheart*
(WoA): 'Lia' Goldmoon; Light elf Celebrant of Lenamo
Kendra; Cat, Curious, - and ALIVE!
Mirya Sohail; High Mage and expatriate
'Rilla' Moonheart; "Bad-Ass Life Elf" - ?!?!?!
Amavaine Kalythaer; Elven/Avian Sorceress

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:01 pm

((OOC: Nothing physically wrong in anyway. EDIT: Probably a naturally caused Depression, I assume thats a form of insanity?))

Kira, after a few moments, began to realise that something had woken him. By pure instinct, his hands went to his sword and he had to prevent himself from trying to defend himself from someone who meant no harm. Dreaming about the blood lust was a bad thing to do indeed...thankfully, he had stopped himself as his hand reached the hilt, nothing more...

Letting his hand back down, slowly, he saw the elven woman looking him over, and felt aware of the fact the was intruding on someone's grove or...whatever they called it.
S-Sorry...
He mumbled, slightly embarrassed, and picked himself up, replacing the sword at his hip, bowing in apology.
Im sorry, I fell asleep...Im intruding, am I not?

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:28 pm

Feeling the malady of spirit inside the sleeping human, Rilla hesitates for a moment, knowing that those who need help the most are often the least able or willing to accept it. At that moment she sees the figure stir, reaching for his weapon. A warrior then, or at least one possessed a warrior's instincts. She wonders whether to stay away and leave him to the peace of the grove, but cannot bring herself to go; he is in need, and something has led him to the grove. Taking a deep breath she moves closer, just enough to catch his words as his eyes focus on her. Hearing them she smiles reassuringly and holds out her empty hands, palms upward. About to speak she looks again at his face and feels a sense of recognition. Isn't this the warrior she had met in the never Holt, or is she imagining it? Thinking back to the horrors of that time is painful, so she pushes the thoughts away; if it is indeed the same person, she'll find out soon enough. Taking a deep breath, she addresses him, "You don't need to apologize, you are welcome here. Fionan is up at the Healing Centre, but I am glad to welcome here you on his behalf." Confident that Fin would welcome the possible acquaintance as he did all who sought peace and healing of the spirit, she continues, "I am Ruilsara Moonheart"

*Ruilsara*

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:19 pm

Kira looked the young woman over, carefully, as though searching for something. Not if she had weapons, he knew she posed no threat, but...for recognition. He scanned her features, then half smiled, with a nod.
You. You are the elven woman from when we restored Gerethanax, are you not? And then again, when the God's fell? I didnt recognise you there, Im sorry for almost attacking you...My mind seems to be unable to stay away from thoughts of...well, never mind.

He waved a hand, dismissively.
I am not here for healing just...some rest...somewhere to gather my thoughts, and avoid killing for a time.
He didnt say "combat" for he loved the thrill of fighting itself. But fighting and killing were closely linked. FIhgting was simply entertaining, when two warriors sparred. But it was a fine line...
Im sorry again, anyway. Pardon me, my name is Kira. A pleasure to meet you, Miss Moonheart.

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:22 pm

The brook appears to flow back upon itself, with the water creating a small mound which slowly shapes itself into a face outlined by wavy hair - without loosing any of its transparency. In a light and bubbly voice, the water spirit nocaya, speaks to the first time to the two assembled there. "Indeed, you are both welcome here - Kira and Ruilsara."
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:04 am

Rilla smiles at the reminder of the time she had helped to restore Lord Gerethanax, then her face clouds as those thoughts lead her to thoughts of Zemepatis. Pushing back the painful thoughts she answers Kira simply "Yes, that was me. I am glad you have come here, Kira".

Hearing the rest of his words, Rilla thinks. This warrior sought respite from killing? The grace with which he moved belied his obvious weariness and seemed to indicate one who was lethal in combat; she remembered little of how he had fought alongside Lord Gerethanax, but with trained reflexes such as his, it was obvious that Kira's grace would be deadly to those he fought. To be unable to drag your thoughts from things that brought pain was something with which she was very familiar. What could she do to help? Rilla had no idea, but to not even try would be unthinkable.

She jumps slightly when Nocaya appears; although Rilla had offered the water spirit respect many times, she had never seen her manifest herself before. She curtsies to the water spirit then holds her hands, palms-up in the tradition elven gesture of respect and greeting. "I greet you, Nocaya, and thank you for your welcome"

*Ruilsara*

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:23 am

The water swirls more noticeably, then seems to surge upwards. The head tilts forward and fully emerges from the water, followed by the naked torso of a slim young woman composed entirely of crystal-clear spring water. Her hands echo Ruilsara's greeting.

<Nocaya>
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:26 am

Kira gave an expression that was both a mixture of small surprise and slight boredom(?) at the arrival of the Water being. His eyes flashed yellow for a moment as he made a mental register of the new arrival ((OOC: Heightened senses)) and returned to normality. Politely enough, he bowed to the new arrival, formally, before looking back to Rilla.

Glad? That cant be good...
It was said jokingly, but the humour was black. Being glad to have a warrior around meant the obvious part of getting them to smite things. Wonderful. Kira could just feel the headache from the philosophical contradictions he had been contemplating recently starting to resurface. And how weird was that, anyway: a depressed servant of Hope? Oh wonderful, he just threw theology into the debate. Goodbye sanity.

Erm, should I be worried if I tried drinking that water? Y'know, just in case?
Never could be too careful. Especially when a magical being apparently lived there.

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:59 am

" Everyone is welcome to drink the water here, it is part of the cycle of water from which I draw my power. Creating a form takes much effort, so I will withdraw for now, but know you are both welcome here - I have tried to make this area as benifical to contemplation and peace as possible. "

<Heightened Senses - you will notice that whilst the body in the stream is out of the water, the fountian further up in the pool is flowing less - it was only a slight decrease when just the face was showing, but now fully half a body is showing - the flow is about half strength it was when you first approached the glade.>
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:11 pm

Kira simply nodded to the water spirit. It was a little odd anyway, even if you COULD drink the water...he somehow didnt fancy the idea of drinking part of the being. What did that wolf say? Oh, yes: "Bad magica!"
Not likely to drink the water, just in case, Kira turned back to the Elf and smiled, a little shyness poking through.

In any case...If I am not tresspassing here, I'd like to rest. Much is to be done soon, but I'd like to avoid the thoughts of the deaths that will be reaped...I've forgotten why I must kill anymore, now I think of it, but know I have to. What does it matter, hmm? No rest for the wicked...

He waved his hand dismissively and sat back down under the tree he had been dozing beneath. His gloomy feeling was not much better.

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:40 pm

Nocaya, sensing that there was something unresolved here, and that she was kind of in the way, let her physical form splash back into the river.

It then appears that Kira and Rilla are once again alone in the peaceful grove.
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Return to “Nandine”