Returning to Nandine

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Returning to Nandine

Postby BlueTressym » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:29 pm

It is several days since Rilla and Zemepatis left Nandine to answer a call for aid from Gerren's Holding when a cart reaches the outskirts of the city. Several people can be seen upon it, one of whom is clearly Rilla; the others seem to be newcomers. However, the distinctive diamond elf features of Zemepatis are not in evidence.

*Rilla*
(WoA): 'Lia' Goldmoon; Light elf Celebrant of Lenamo
Kendra; Cat, Curious, - and ALIVE!
Mirya Sohail; High Mage and expatriate
'Rilla' Moonheart; "Bad-Ass Life Elf" - ?!?!?!
Amavaine Kalythaer; Elven/Avian Sorceress

spsblue

Re: Returning to Nandine

Postby spsblue » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:45 pm

Fionan comes out to great Rilla, but stops and looks worried when he sees she has been crying.
Andy Cooper or
Kestrel Updraft (Avian scholar)
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)
Corporal Cynrick DEAD (3)
Fionan Druce (Life Elf Druid)
WOA: Jasper Methlar (Telefret High Mage)

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:01 pm

At the sight of Fin, Rilla jumps straight down from the cart, before it has completely halted. She flings herself into Fin's arms and immediately bursts into tears

*Rilla*

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:43 pm

(OC: Joint post)

Fin tries to comfort Rilla as best he can - his spirit sinks as he realises that Zem isn't stomping along with them or catching up slowly... "Rilla?" he asks, his voice quavering.

Rilla is crying so hard that it takes several attempts for her to speak. When she does, it comes out as a choked cry; the awful words leave her unable to say more "Zem's... Zem's dead!"

Fin goes rigid with shock for a brief moment, then his knees give way beneath him, then he sobs, "but... it's Zem -- he's always so unbreakable, so strong." He takes a couple of deep breaths, "How did it happen?"

*Riila and Fin*

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:00 pm

A light elf jumps down clumsily from the cart and waves sadly at Fionan.

Hello Fionan, I've heard a lot about you, my name's Gizmo and that's Reuben, he sacrificed his soul so we could survive, so he has a weird sense of humour and no feelings, he's nice.

Zemepatis's body is in the cart. Bad stuff happened because of a nasty, Sentinel-targeting Dakron follower, but we found her out and got our revenge. She won't be murdering anyone else. I'm sorry for your loss...Diamonds are wonderful things, a sign of commitment and fidelity - you might even say endurance. They symbolise invincibility, reduce fear and bring about new beginnings. They allow the soul to shine out in all its beauty. Here, have some rose quartz...it's good for grief and healing...

Gizmo rummages in a small wooden, slightly bloodstained chest and holds out a small, pale pink stone to Fionan.
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar
Gizmo - Light Elf Sorc/crafter, Captain of the Nomads, friend to rocks
Cinder - Efreet scout, High Priest of Eternity

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:09 pm

Fin attempts to say this through his tears and snuffles... but he manages to give Gizmo and Reuben a sad smile
" Sounds like you got to know Zem quite well then. Welcome to Nandine, both of you... I wish it could have been under happier circumstances. "

<Fionan>
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Edd

Postby Edd » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:16 pm

Reuben stares at the new face. His own face remains blank, although he cocks his head to one side as Fionan cries, trying to figure out why he is sad.

"Zemepatis always wanted me to come here. Now I have."

~Reuben~
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:45 am

Rilla is still crying, but manages to say through her tears "W-we need to take him somewhere s-safe, where no one will try and st-steal him." Looking up into Fin's face she adds "I had a message from Warryn; he's coming here for the f-funeral" before she breaks into renewed sobs

*Rilla*

Firesky

Postby Firesky » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:24 am

Shortly after everyone else, a Rodera in a long red coat also emerged from the caravan, and approached Fionan, he also was saddened by the loss of Zempatis, but wasn't really sure what to say. A simple greeting seemed like a good start.

"Hello" he said to Fionan.

-Rosanki
Rev - One-eyed former-brigand - Mega-Perm
Glemara - Hopeslayer who wants to hug you
Rosanki - Rodera fugitive - Dead
Sanju - Cutting off faces before it was cool
Kayzen - Wandering shadow caster
Sacril - Crazy Knife Guy

spsblue

Postby spsblue » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:41 am

Fionan greets the newcomer with a wave, but is clearly considering the implications of what Rilla has just said.

" Warren here? That would be awkward to say the least - Lord Teyaspa has just set off to Pathway with a group of skirmishers.... " he fades into silence.

" Still, he should be at the funeral. "

<Fionan>
Andy Cooper or
Korthain DEAD (1)
Derwent Thurza DEAD (2)

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:55 am

*just a little further down the path from the cart there comes a faint, but seemingly laughing cry of "aaa heeeelp haha" followed by the appearance of Hardes sprinting down the path all red faced and laughing, just wearing his old uniform without it's amour, but still having his shield behind him. Dashing up the path he looked up, almost rolling over as he tried to stop as he noticed the caravan, seeing his friends there with a few others, raising his arm to greet them from the distance he is interupted by a small horde of children tackleing him from behind, vanishing under a dog pile in a few seconds. Slowly clawing his way free with a young girl still clinging tightly to his shield he ruffled their hair, quickly handed out some bread and sent them on their way back down the path.

Still panting from his failed escape he dusted himself off and walked over towards the group, wearing a smile until he saw the expression on everyone's face, dashing the rest of the way, simply rushing over to the elves and wrapping them both in his arms, looking around at the new faces, trying not to be phased by the giant Rodent. Giving the elves a soft squeeze*

"Rilla... I ... Errr... Welcome back, welcome to all of you. If i may ask...why is this reunion so sad?"

((hardes volourius))
I'm not a big fat monster...... I'm THE Big Fat Monster
Sonny "McCuddles" Bigwood ((185))

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:43 am

Rilla manages a slight smile as she sees Rosanki, "Rosanki, I am glad you are here." About to introduce him, Rilla stops at Fin's words.

"I did think of that when I received Warryn's message, but he wants to be here and to personally pay his respects. Warryn is putting politics aside, he said, so others ought to do the same for Zem. He deserves respect and I want him to have it"

Rilla does actually smile when 'Des makes his undignified entrance, but her face quickly clouds again. She accepts the hug, but is biting her lip, trying to hold back more tears as she once again has to tell someone the dreadful news. "It's Zem, he's - he's Dead!"

*Rilla*

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:20 pm

"Zem... The diamond elf I met on the boat? O... I am so sorry for your loss, I only met him briefly but he seemed like a very friendly and brave warrior."
*sighing heavily at the news, bowing his head for a moment as he gave the elves another soft squeeze to comfort them. Stepping back slightly as he left go , putting back on a warm smile.*

"I've never asked about your kinds traditions when in comes to honouring the dead, but me and the children have been working on a small shrine for thoses lost on our homeland. It's isn't much yet, but if it pleases you we would be honoured to inscribe his name into the stones, or leave a small memento of his memory. Anything to help at all, I do owe you both my life afterall, and a friend of yours will always be a friend of mine. Think about it when you have time, I know I'm still coming to terms with the island, so take all the time you need, il be at your beck and call if either of you need anything."

((hardes volourius))

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:19 pm

Rilla thinks for a moment. "I don't know how the earth elves honour the dead, and there aren't enough diamond elves to have a tradition, but inscribing his name into stones seems the sort of thing Zem'd like." Rilla manages a half-smile at 'Des. "You'll get to meet the other one soon; Warryn is coming here and he's going to preside over the funeral"

Rilla pats 'Des on the arm. "Maybe we can find a way to free your island from the demons"

*Rilla*

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:03 am

"it's good another of his kind is coming to honour him, he must of been a true hero to have touched so many hearts with his passing, I'm glad I had chance to meet him, even if only briefly."
*smiling a little more Des placed his hand on Rilla's as she patted his arm, nodding before taking his uniform's tabard in both hands and running his fingers through the cloth*

"Thank you, I pray to the dragon each night to watch over my people in our darkest time and to keep them safe. I will return there when I'm stronger and reclaim our land from thoses beasts, but for now I must watch over the children, many of them lost their families in the evacuation, and they need me. I just worry for the people who didn't make it off the island....."
*pausing for a moment Des pus his tabard back into position, wipeing the dirt from it, looking up at the whole group with a friendly smile*

"enough about that though, I bet your all eager to get back into town and relax after your trip, not listen to me waffle on all days. So who are all your new friends? Well in any case the name is Hardes everyone, pleased to meet you."

((hardes volourius))

Return to “Nandine”