Giver of Life's refugee camp in Nandine

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Sonny

Giver of Life's refugee camp in Nandine

Postby Sonny » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:58 am

*returning from his exploits of the week Des returned to the camp, smiling as he looks over what was once a collection tents, now taking shape into a small village. The central stone carved in remeberence of their losses now surrounded by sprouting flower gardens. The tents being replaced by small buildings and shacks with the chaple starting to take shape. The sight of how well they were doing after the events a few months back filled him with pride, he walked towards the stone, only making it half way before getting charged down by the horde of children awaiting him.

Des spent most of the day checking up on everyone and telling them of his exploits, raising moral as he tells them how the blade of the wind is on their side and how the demons will soon fall so they can all go home. As the tribe gathered at nightfall Des stood up by the fire and addressed everyone.*

"people hear me, tonight is a day to celebrate as we have struck a blow to the demons and have a set path to reclaim our lands. Soon we can travel back across the seas to our lush lands and feel at home once again. I will not lie to you, we have lost much and our lands have suffered greatly from what has past and it will take all our time, strengh and resolve to rebuild, but together united we shall restore our civilisation, and taking the teachings of our honoured patriarch the Giver of Life, WE SHALL make it better.

We will not only rebuild, but from the ashes we will rise stronger and better. I prepose we begin our work and change now so we can be ready, learn from the past so the tradergies can never repeat. No longer shall we fight with each other, the demons ended our war and it will stay that way, our nation will have no need from armies as we will united.

No longer will one man will have power over another, we will work together. Share the work, resources and wealth so every man, women and child will be equal. No one will rule over us, we will vote, decide and discuss the path our nation takes. I propse a democracy were we are repusented by elected members and where no one is above the law. Will we have a just and fair country.

No one will ever have to fear for their safety, we will decide on laws which not only protect everyone, but have fair and just trails for anyone who digresses from our path. We will learn and study, trade and commune with other nations to better ourselves and offer them aid.

The giver of life has shown us that with enough work and effort we can cure any sickness and get stronger, we will purge the infection of demons and be stronger for it. Along with the teachings of the great dragon of life, the strong will not abuse their power, but watch over and protect all thoses who need it. We will be a shineing example of the goodness that lays within each and every person before me abd our islands will be a place for anyone who needs aid.

The path stands before us now, to make tomorrow better then yestarday, and the first steps can be taken today!
People of Life ARE YOU WITH ME?"

*with this the entire tribe roared out with cheers and support, proud that his people had the strength to go on, confident they could reclaim what was lost he joined in with the dancing that had just broken out as the drums and pipes sang out into the night, enjoying the first celebration his people had had in a long time*

((hardes volourius))
I'm not a big fat monster...... I'm THE Big Fat Monster
Sonny "McCuddles" Bigwood ((185))

Sonny

Re: Giver of Life's refugee camp in Nandine

Postby Sonny » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:48 am

*A few days after the celebration Des sleepily cleaned up the mess left by the children this morning, slowly making his way out of their hut into the early sunlight, watching from the door as the people group up and start heading off into the city. Since his speech the other nights people of all ages have been grouping up and working as apprentices in all walks of life, they were helping in the smiths, kitchens, healing centre, farms, on the hunts and where ever help was needed, learning all they could and offering what skills they had.

Smiling as he thought how well they had all pulled together he glanced over at the at the now finished chaple, standing next to the flower gardens around the memorial stone in the village centre, bumbling slowly over to it's doors greeting people as he walked , he then slowly pushed the doors open.

Looking in as the light filled the wooden hall, the cushions on the floor making rows on the floor, the stand at the opposite end stood two finely carved wooden statues, the first a tall hooded figure offering out both palms to symbolise the giver of life, the second showed a dragon curled around and protecting two children to symbolise the dragon of life. Walking into the halls Des made his way through the rows of cushions and sat down in the front row alone, sitting in quiet contemplation as he looked at the figures. Thinking of what they stood for, to protect and watch over those less able and to heal and care for the sick, giving without need for reward, just because it was the right thing to do.

Curling his hand into a fist and placing the second over the first Des lowered his head in prayer*
"giver of life praise be to you, for you have kept your people in good health and heartened spirits even in this most dire of times. You idealised all that made us great and have given all you could in our name, for this we are eternally thankful and you name will be sang through the ages by your people. I pray you have found peace and rest well knowing we will soon return home and carry on your teachings free of your brothers tyranny, the island will be great once again.

Dragon of life praise be to you, for you have watched over our people in our darkest hour and given us the strength to carry on. We thank you for all you have spared and that you continue to protect our lost brothers and sisters in our home land and pray for their safety until the evil has been banished from our shores. I know I have only recently found you, but I thank you for showing me the true path and at your act of mercy to grant Finn a second chance, I will watch over him with all my strength as you have deemed him worthy. You have done so much for our people without us even knowing or recognising your existence and for this I am sorry, I will do all I can to guide them into your light and teach them your ways so they can sing you the praise you deserve and live in the light. Praise be to you the protector of the innocent as I follow your teachings, keep me strong and guide my path so I may carry out your wishes and keep all thoses safe around me.

Great beings and teachers of life, praise and thanks to you for all we have."

*slowly standing up Des re-adjusted his cushion before heading out, surprised to see one of the elders standing in the corner smiling, having not noticed him before, polightly nodding to him on the way out, heading out to the days works with a clear head*

((hardes volourius))

Sonny

Re: Giver of Life's refugee camp in Nandine

Postby Sonny » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:29 pm

The evening after the demonic invasion of Nandine Des sat by the elders at the memorial ceremony. The body of Karl laid on a alter of wood, straw and oil, members of the tribe gathered in a circle all dressed in White. As the last few people arrived to the ceremony Hardes slowly got to his feet and approached the fallen warrior.*
"this cold evening we gather to honour the memory of one of our fallen sons. Karl Faxien was one of our finest, he strove to embody the teachings of the giver and always fought to defend our people and way of life. I was honoured to fight by his side, he fought with the courage of 100 men as we defended against the demons, and though we were victorious the price for victory was high. Let us not only mourn his passing, but remember all he has shown and given us, we shall rejoice in his memory and give thanks for the time we had with him. Let us also not forget all the other people who fell on this fateful day and be thankful for their sacrifice. let their memories heat and light our hearts in this dark hour."

*picking up one of the flaming torches from around the memorial Des slowly touched it to the alter, setting fire to the oil socked straw*
"We thank you Karl for all you have given and shown us, as your mortal shell is laid to rest let the fires light a path into the here-after. Rest now brave warrior, you shall not be forgotten." 

*placing the torch back Des Raised his hood over his head, not wanting to show his sorrow and grief to the tribe, having to set a strong example. Slowly waking back he sat by the elders as people started to offer flowers to the burning alter, giving their fallen their last respects. Waiting for the people to start to drift back to their homes Des turned to the Elders.*
"if I may request an audience with the council, I wish to discuss  the tribes immediate future in private, with these recent events I think a path must be decided soon. If you would be so kind to join me in the chapel at day break we could discuss it then."

*nodding respectfully to the elders ,Des walked back over to the burning funeral pyre. Bowing his head to his fallen friend, the fires warming his skin as he stood there, feeling the wounds from the demons still fresh on his body. Clenching his fists as he replayed the battle in his mind, how powerless he was to save his friend, just wishing he could of stopped it somehow. Sighing heavily he took the White rose from his tunic and placed it on the fire.*
"Dragon of life please watch over our fallen defender and guide his way into the White halls in the next life. We Strive to defend and protect those in need, in your path we trust. Though our home was saved, the cost was high and now our disease threatens the entire world, putting more in danger. We will not rest until this tragic event has been corrected, we will seal every leak or slay each demonic beast that threatens the innocent. Please take this brave soul into your grace's and watch over him as he rests."

((If anyone else wishes to join I'l move this end part until after ))

*Standing there all night by the fire, until the last flames died out and only the glowing wood remained. Flicking his hood back he headed to the chapel as the first signs of morning creeped into the sky, whipping the dried tears from his face as he walked through into their church and awaited the elders* 

((Hardes Volourius))

Return to “Nandine”