Inside the G.O.L. Refugee Church

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Sonny

Inside the G.O.L. Refugee Church

Postby Sonny » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:21 pm

*As the light in the sky started to fade Hardes wondered through the church doors, shaking hands with the last villagers leaving on their way home as the day ended. Weary from the days work Des placed his shield down in front of the alter and slumped to his knees, sighing heavily. Kneeling there while he aligned his thoughts, gazing at the figures depicted before him , the Patriarch of his people and the Dragon of Life. Closing his eyes as he bowed his head in prayer.*

"Dragon of Life, protector of those in need I pray for your ears to hear my words. I thank you again for watching over our people in these dark times and pray for your blessing in our exploits as we try to regain our homeland to re-establish our community and build it in your guidance. 
Though I have only known you for these last moons I feel as if you have known me on my entire journey and guided my path, keeping me strong and just, for this I thank you. 
My people sway slowly to your cause, they have suffered greatly and still grieve their losses, but once we have re-taken the homeland they can settle and be brought to your light, I can't help but feel all these years our Giver of Life was walking in your sted and leading us along the path of light. 
In time they will find they way to you as I have and know your noble path.

It is though with concern I reach out to you, not for our sake but for yours my lord. Even in this short time I have known your grace I feel as If you have falter and fallen slightly. The strain of watching over so many in the world must take it's Toll and your generosity and charity for those in need seems to know no bound. So I offer you my services, guide me to help you along your path as you have aided my people along theirs,  I will do all I can to aid you my lord. Send me a sign if you deem me worthy to aid you Celestial one and I will make it so. Blessings of Life be upon you Protector of the Innocents." 

((Hardes Volourius))
I'm not a big fat monster...... I'm THE Big Fat Monster
Sonny "McCuddles" Bigwood ((185))

dainul

Re: Inside the G.O.L. Refugee Church

Postby dainul » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:33 pm

As he kneels before the statues in prayer, Hardes feels the warmth of the sun shining through the temple window behind the statues. Even in these cold days, the sunlight is warm on his face, and he opens his eyes slightly.

Between the statues and the trees behind, it looks almost as if there is a glowing figure standing beside the Celestial Dragon. A glowing figure, with another, darker figure standing behind. Then the wind picks up and blows the trees and clouds move across the sky. The dark figure seems to slip back, releasing the figure of light, but dragging a portion of light back with it. For a moment, the light figure stands free while the clouds shade the Celestial Dragon. Then the clouds move across the sky completely and Hardes finds himself looking at two stone statues with the bare trees blowing outside.
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:48 pm

*going straight from the Funeral Pyre, Hardes headed into the chapel built in their refugee camp. As the sun was only just beginning to creep into the sky he slowly walked around the wooden halls, lighting each candle in turn on each side before setting a few around the carvings of the two beings of light at the head of the chapel. Carefully setting the candles around the giver and dragon of life, illuminating their craved figures he sat between them on the raised stage, raising his hood again he sat crossed legs with his hands in his lap. Sitting in deep thought he pondered quietly, awaiting the arrival of the Tribe's elders.*

((Hardes Volourius))  

Damiensluman

Postby Damiensluman » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:27 pm

The 4 elder reps stood proudly behind Hardes. dressed in crisp black robes

I believe you have been excepting us.

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:48 pm

*slowly noticing he wasn’t alone, obviously too deep in thought to notice their arrival, Hardes slowly got to his feet again, bowing respectfully to the tribes elders as he took his hood down to show his face in the candle light, smiling as he retook his seat before them.*
“Thank you for coming to meet with me, the question of our future has to be addressed soon or I fear we could slip deeper into trouble. As I reported on our last adventure, we were successful in ridding our homeland of the demonic blight, but I fear the survivors loyal to the leader of men have not given up on the war itself.”

*Pausing for a moment, Hardes looked down at the ground, gently rubbing his recent wounds from the battle in the healing centre*
“ though I have to admit there were a few facts I left out of my report as I did not want to dishearten our people any more, they have suffered too much. While on the island I had the misfortune of running into the betroved herself, she is still riddled with hatred and vengeance, blaming us for her lovers downfall, and more so the Red Xs have been mobilised. I have no intention of driving our tribe back into a war, they have suffered too much and we have lost all we can spare, though if we are return home and thrive again this situation must be resolved and we don’t have the man power to fight them off indefinitely.”

*looking up again he watched the elders responses as he spoke*
“ as one of the few remaining ranked officers in our defence forces I have a few suggestions I would like your input on, and of course I will follow the will of our elders if you dictate a path for us to follow. The people of this main land have been very good to us, and now our very demonic problem plagues this land, if we are to return home, I suggest we keep ties with the land, and send help when we can as they came to our aid when we were in need, and it is through their aid this danger has been brought onto their shores.
Secondly this war cannot go on, if our tribe, our beliefs and way of life are to survive we must not only return home, but bring peace to the island. I have no intent of lingering on bad blood and blame, the war happened and we have to move on from it. If you would advise and permit it I will attempt to make contact with a group from the other side to begin peace talks, maybe in time I can convince them to accept that the brothers brought this war, they both fell in the violence it created and it has nearly destroyed everything we hold dear, maybe, just maybe they can learn to move past this and work together to strengthen the island and make it great again. It may sound madness, but with our knowledge and their fighting prowess , joined as one our island could be safe again.
And lastly I know the tribe is doing well here, but we will need to return and rebuild before any more damage is done to our homeland, or traditions lost, I beg the elders guidance and council, I have so many ideas floating around my head, conflicting and suffocating my thoughts. I am but a guardian of the people, direct my path and I will see it done, we must make our people whole again.”

((Hardes Volourius))

Damiensluman

Postby Damiensluman » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:32 pm

We have given this much thought as u must be aware the island has gone thro a lot in the pass few moths. For a start travellers appear from on the shore line who kill the leader bringing a close to his rain of terror. The same heroes then open a ritual that plagues the island with island witch they later banish. In this time many die but those who remain go to this new lands. Now is the time to return home but it must be excepted that many wish to stay and explore this new lands. As a result we have looked into electing the new giver of life so to speck. Those elders that wish to reten will act like advisers to him. I am afraid that any futer business concerning the island must be taken to him.

He points to a chamber to the left

He is thro there good luck and may you roots ever grow strong

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:33 am

*smiling to the elders Hardes politely nodded to each of them in turn* 
"thank you for your words, I pray our time of suffering is nearing an end and we can move on from these dark times and grow ever stronger as one. I will now address the elected one if you would excuse me, I hope to see you around the camp later."

*giving another friendly smile Hardes walked to the door the elders had pointed out, gently pushing it open and stepping inside*

((Hardes Volourius)) 

Damiensluman

Postby Damiensluman » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:51 pm

Back in my day it was a custom to knock
Inside the tiny room is a desk with a greying gentleman in a smart black robe.

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:52 pm

*bowing slightly to the elder Hardes shut the door behind him and stepped towards the desk*
"my apologies, I assumed you were  awaiting me, I may of gotten ahead of myself there. Thank you for taking the time to meet with me and congratulations on your election. Have you been made aware of my concerns and proposition or would you wish me to go over them for you? I am eager to hear your views and any decisions for our people."

((Hardes Volourius)) 

Damiensluman

Postby Damiensluman » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:21 am

I don’t recall agreeing to meat with you ether

Gets up and goes to an old Oke cabernet in the Conner of the room pulling out a dusty bottle and a pair of goblets.

But sins you’re hear take a seat I’m shore we have much do discuss.

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:41 am

*rubbing the back of his neck slightly embarrassed Hardes walked over to the desk, propping his shield up beside it and then taking a seat*
"I do apologise I seem to have assumed much, I will start anew. I am Hardes Volourius, one of our few remaining ranked officers in our defence force and it's a pleasure to meet with you."

*smiling Hardes got comfy on the seat and adjusted his uniform*
"I was hoping we could discuss the current situation of our people and plan our return and rebuilding process. There is also the issue of the war, the betroved and the Red Xs which need to be addressed."

*Hardes seemed to tighten up slightly at the mention of the betroved and her elites*

((Hardes Volourius))

Damiensluman

Postby Damiensluman » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:38 pm

The chosen one smiles with an almost sinister look.

Someone didn’t eat his vegetables did he. The power of the betrothed and her elites is a myth. She is feared only because the story’s have grown to dramatically stretch the truth. She is nothing than a peasant with a demon inside of her. Might I remind you that you’re ritual banished demons from this island so as a side effect … she is banished by the rituals magic too. As for the red x’s might I remind you that before the war’s end we had most of them sitting in a prison waiting execution. The few that may have survived the demands will pose no threat to us. I’m shore a few good men will chase them down like they did before….

The chosen one passed for a moment to take swig from his goblet.

Witch brings me on to a rather…pressing issue. as the war is no moor I no longer have need for a military. Such men such as yourself are now…obsolete. I am afraid I am going to have to…revoke you’re position.

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:28 pm

*looking quite surprised at the words the elder said Hardes scratched his chin for a moment in thought, trying to remember if he has seen the man around the camp before*
"I never wanted the responsibility or consequences of ordering men to fight and kill, all I ever wanted was to keep our people safe so I have no rejection to stepping down, when the time is right. 
I really hope your assessment of the situation will prove correct, though I hasten to add I have fought with a Red X myself and they are no trifle matter. We are but a shadow of our former strength and with no military how would we defend against any aggression on their side?
I was pondering the concept of opening peaceful negotiations with the survivors of the leader of men. As you said yourself the war is all but over with the fall of our leaders, and if what you say is true about the betroved there might be a chance for a lasting peace. Both sides suffered greatly as of the conflict, we need all the numbers , knowledge and strength we can gather if we are to rebuild our way of life. Would you consider aiding the move to unite the island to forge a stronger nation then before?"

*pausing for a moment Hardes looked back at his shield, eyeing up the damaged caused by the demon attack at the healing centre* 
"with respect I will remain a defender of our people and watch over the remaining troops, and we will follow yours and the councils will as long as it is the best interest of the people and support you all the way. But I cannot order my men to lay down their arms until I know we are, and will remain safe.

((Hardes Volourius))

Damiensluman

Postby Damiensluman » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:58 pm

You are to stand down imedatly.

The chosen ones voice was much more sereas now.

I have scouts searching the island as we speack.
I inshore you my assessment IS correct.
The leaders followers do not have enoth men to do anything worth while without there demand allies they are powerless.

The chosen one passed for a moment to calm his nervs

Although a passion may be adveliball if you wish. As part of our rebirth I intend to build a pit fighter arena on the site of you’re ritual to pay homage to those who save our island. I also intend to use it in a dey of entertainment to celebrate those heroes. Thus I will need heroes to attend. Do you see were I am going with this.

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:38 am

*slowly rising to his feet Hardes gently pushed the chair back in it's place and collected his shield, speaking very calmly but with a stern look on his face*
"I see where your coming from and it's madness, that site is far too dangerous and you want to turn it into an Arena of blood and violence? We loyal guards fought in that war not because we enjoyed the violence, but because we knew we had to defend our people."

*walking slowly towards the door Hardes took it's handle in his hand and turned back to address him*
"take my title and rank if it pleases you but I will continue to safe-guard our people. I will not cause trouble for you but my sword will always be ready to protect our people."

*opening the door Hardes stepped through, talking back over his shoulder*
"it was a pleasure to meet with you elected one, and I pray you are a wiser man than I. Just make sure you remember what side of the island you were born on, some might see an arena as a tribute to their bloodthirsty leader..... All glory to the dragon of life."

*closing the door behind him Hardes worn a defiant grin on his face as he walked back past the elders and sat between the giver and dragon statues on the church's stage*
"I do hope the one you elected will listen to your advise council, our future should be in all your hands, not just the one's. If our people need aid find me and I shall answer the call and fight again to protect them. Until that day blessings of life be upon you all, and may your guidance make our people whole again."

((Hardes Volourius))  

Return to “Nandine”