Inside the G.O.L. Refugee Church

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Damiensluman

Re: Inside the G.O.L. Refugee Church

Postby Damiensluman » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:31 pm

The elected one stood behind him. Placing a old book beside him.

I intend to take us back to a time long before you were born. The island was born in a time before the horror of war. Our history is more complex than you relies.

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:04 pm

*taking a short sigh as Hardes tried to centre himself, looking down at the book to his side, gently placing a hand on it's cover, before turning to look at the elected one*
"you mean to regain what we have lost and rebuild what we once were I presume? Its true I do know little of our past but that is not out of choice. May I borrow this tome? I would like to see where your ideas stem from as they worry me greatly."

((Hardes Volourius)) 
I'm not a big fat monster...... I'm THE Big Fat Monster
Sonny "McCuddles" Bigwood ((185))

Damiensluman

Postby Damiensluman » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:55 pm

He nods

It is written by one William woodlock who was a pit fighter. I’m shore you will find it…most interesting.

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:41 am

*picking the tome up carefully Hardes placed it in his pouch, making sure it was tightened and secure before hopping down onto the floor and turning to the elected one as he straightened his tabard again*
"thank you kindly, as I have no duties any more I think I may take the morning off to read through this in the gardens. My word still stands, my sword and services will always be ready to defend our people, but as I see no threat in these halls I shall be on my way. I'l be sure to return this book once I'm done, good day to you and may the dragon guide your path."

*turning Des pulled his hood up as he walked down between the rows in the church* 

((Hardes Volourius)) 

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:09 pm

*opening the large doors to the Church Des smiled at the way the sun spread through the main hall lighting almost every corner, holding the door open for Rilla he quickly looked around for any other visitors inside*
"make yourself comfy Rilla, the front row's cushions are always the warmest in the sun light"

((Hardes Volourius)) 

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:30 pm

Rilla smiles as she walks towards the altar; the sight of it never failed to lift her spirits. To have a church dedicated to her Lord here in Nandine, to have brought a whole community together and shown them the ways of The Celestial Dragon, what 'Des had done amazed her, and to feel that she had played a part in showing them that path brings her real joy. Rather than sitting, she walks right to the altar, lifting her face to the light that streamed in. Rilla breathes in deeply, enjoying the feeling of peace for a moment; this church was dedicated to her Lord, by her own hands and heart, and that makes what she needs to say all the more important. She turns around to 'Des, her face becoming serious as she does so.

"Des, please come and pray with me"

*Rilla*
(WoA): 'Lia' Goldmoon; Light elf Celebrant of Lenamo
Kendra; Cat, Curious, - and ALIVE!
Mirya Sohail; High Mage and expatriate
'Rilla' Moonheart; "Bad-Ass Life Elf" - ?!?!?!
Amavaine Kalythaer; Elven/Avian Sorceress

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:10 am

*watching Rilla walk through the church, Des looked on for a moment before closing the large doors again, leaving them slightly ajar so the air and light could seep through the gap. following her he walked up the middle of the building but instead of stopping at the alter, he lifted himself up onto it, reclaiming his favourite sitting spot just between the giver of life statue and the dragon of life with his legs hanging off the raised area. Nodding at Rilla he instinctivly went to reach for his white hood, chuckleing slightly when he found it was missing and then just bowed his head and placed his hands together*
"would you like to take the lead my friend? i was never very good at this"

((Hardes Volourius))

BlueTressym
Location: Exeter, but known to frequent Velmaneth, Haven, Evereska (FR), and Palmire City (Island Kingdoms)

Postby BlueTressym » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:28 pm

Rilla takes a deep breath and releases it a few times to calm herself, all the time holding her holy pendant with both hands. She looks at 'Des as she speaks, softly.

"You know, as I do, that the noble deeds of our Lord, and the noble sacrifices he has made for the sake of others have weakened him. I seek a way to restore to our Lord that which has been lost, and even more, that his light might shine ever brighter and the wings of his grace enfold all who need it. We are his devoted children and it is we who must help him, even as he has brought light and life to the world."

She then turns to face the rest of the church and raises her voice, that all who choose to listen can hear her words

"Celestial Dragon, Protector of the Innocent, Dragon of Life, we thank you for every day that we live to carry out your will.

Not all who walk the path of protector and guardian of the innocent can walk that path forever. It is a path that must make us stand strong in the face of cruelty and wickedness, and often, we lack the strength to stand before it. Yet through our faith in our Lord, we do not ever stand alone. He stands with us always, and through him, many are saved. This is all the will of our Lord, and through him, the innocent are saved, blessed are they by Him."

Those who cut down the innocent will feel our Lord's gaze upon them; even as innocent blood is spilt, they reap that which they sow, and in time, it will fall to us to take the stand against them. Our Lord has seen the evil in their hearts, to him their sins lie bare. He is with us always as we face them, and with him, we can prevail. For this, we are thankful, and in His light and his gentle might, for he is a gentle Dragon of great power - we are humbled.

Remember always that we must be merciful, as our Lord too, is merciful. We were put together as many, and we should not seperate, or discriminate, but love and care, as our Lord too, cares. Do not damn, even those we must stand before - offer them a chance at redemption. Do not let your rage at the deeds of others let you stray from our path, for we walk a road of forgiveness and guardianship. We must always guard against allowing the path of anger to turn us away from mercy, from kindness, for leading us to become what we despise, what we seek to protect against. Even enemies may be friends yet unknown to us, a blade that does not fall may bring a life spared to the path of light."

The Celestial Dragon leads us to those that call out for help, even in the smallest and weakest of voices, so that we may comfort and replenish their hurt souls and bodies. He leads us to the path set by him before us, the one we take upon ourselves in his great name. Though we shall walk through death's grasp and hear its voice call to us, we shall not fear it, for our Lord walks with us. His word and his Light comfort us and those that we bring the word to. He spares us and our souls in the face of our enemies. He takes us into his embrace and gives to us his Light. If we follow his path, then truly blessed are we and those we hold dear and protect. And when it is time for us to lay down and rest, he calls us back to his embrace, never to let us fall alone. Our Lord's true love for his children is a gift that is without price and without equal."

Rilla finishes her prayer in the traditional manner, the call of the children

Liberate us, oh Lord. As we are judged by others, Lord, liberate us."

After her speech Rilla looks slightly self-conscious, but resolute; it was difficult to find the right words, but she knew that her Lord saw what was in her heart.

*Rilla*

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:54 pm

*watching a listening to Rilla's prayer Des smiles and enjoyed the warm sun on his back as she preached, keeping his head bowed as her words flowed around the church. Lifting his head as she finished he placed a reassuring hang on her shoulder and gave it a gentle squeeze.*
"that was very well spoken Rilla, I'm sure the dragon is very proud to have such a devoted follower praise his name. And of course I would be willing to help you in this task, I've been trying to sway support for his cause in my tribe, but if you have an idea I would love to hear it. Nice to have the free time now to spend with the children and helping friends"

((Hardes Volourius)) 

Blue mage

Postby Blue mage » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:50 pm

Kira, having never been too far from Rilla's side (she being the only one among the Sentinel's he was currently able to locate), stood outside the church, a serious expression upon his face, eyes narrowed in a slightly dark gaze. Propping himself against the wall beside the entrance, arms folded, the swordsman gazed out, then up to the sky, as if searching for something...

He had heard Rilla's prayer and a brief, small, warm smile reached his face, before he resumed his mindset as a guardian.
It was pleasant to hear such comforting thoughts spoken aloud.
As it turns out, our battle plan is NOT "Synchronized Panicking"

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Tue May 10, 2011 3:44 pm

"I was thinking of travelling to a viilage some way from here; it is the village where my original mentor lived, although I know he travelled a lot to both study and learn, he said to me. He was the one who first told me of the Celestial Dragon and his ways, and after I left my home he took me in and agreed to teach me. It was at his request that I first came here, to the Healing Centre, and first met Fin and Zem. He was older and much wiser than I, and he is the best person I can think of to advise us. He, if anyone, can offer us guidance to help us help our Lord."

Rilla takes a deep breath. "There has to be some way to give our Lord back his divine power, and I will find it, if it takes me forever. I know you understand how important it is 'Des, and I intend to ask ALL our friends if they will help us"

*Rilla*

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Tue May 10, 2011 6:59 pm

"one of the many joys of now being freelance is I get to pick and choose my deployments and work, besides it will be nice to have a change of scenery and travel with friends"
*with a big friendly grin Hardes nodded and dropped down off his perch, dropping to a knee if a very knightly bow*

"my shield and sword will be at your beck and call Rilla, we shall see our lord flying high again so he can watch over all those in need. You know where to find me when the time is right."

((Hardes Volourius)) 

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Tue May 10, 2011 11:15 pm

Rilla smiles at the courtly gesture. "Thank you 'Des. I was also thinking that perhaps the Arcane University up in Ingolé might be a good place to go. I've heard they have a huge collection of Writings; there may be something there that could help us."

She steps down from the altar. "I'm going to see everyone who's here and see if anyone knows where the rest of the Nomads are at the moment. The "Bishop" often docks in Mahtar, so I'm hoping a message sent to them by way of the Harbourmaster will reach them" She looks thoughftul for a moment. "Having said that, maybe sending it by magic would be more reliable, I'm not sure. I expect they'd know about that at the University as well"

With another smile at 'Des, Rilla heads towards the church doors

*Rilla*

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Wed May 11, 2011 1:27 am

*getting back upright Des followed her down the church, pushing the doors open to let the warm breeze back in, standing just inside the doors*
"well I wish you a safe trip Rilla and I hope they can shed some light on your task up at the university. I will remain here until you need me if thats ok, it's good to keep an eye on things around here. I have a bad feeling about our new leader, need to keep my ear the ground for now, just need to straighten out a few hunches and hope I'm just being paranoid. As always it's loverly to see you and thank you for dropping by, dont hesitate to yell if you need anything. May the dragon watch you steps and light your path Rilla."

((Hardes Volourius)) 

BlueTressym

Postby BlueTressym » Thu May 12, 2011 11:57 am

"and may he guard you and guide you" Rilla replies as she leaves the church. She smiles at the patiently-waiting Kira and heads towards the fountain to look for Fin.

*Rilla*

Return to “Nandine”