Arrival in Nandine

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Edd

Arrival in Nandine

Postby Edd » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:12 am

He looks upon the gates of the city with grim certainty. He remembered this place...well, certain memories anyway, vague flashes of the city from far away...plans on how to capture it...on how to destroy it...with his servants. Tundra sighed as he approached Nandine. He wondered whether he'd be more accepted now he was mutated, or back then, when he was...how had the card reader put it?...Death.

The six foot Mist-Born reached the gates, and the guards crossed their spears to block his path. Eyes flicked from the shards of ice on his head - a remnant of his former Winter Elf self, to the Hopeslayer tabbard unknowingly tied around his waist, to the giant sword thrust down the back of his blue Winter Elf tabbard, to the bones that stuck out at odd angles from his left arm and the purple markings on his face.

"Uh....who are you, and what is your business here?" stammered one of the guards.
"My name is Tundra...I was told that I might find some shelter here." Tundra spoke slowly, having to concentrate before each word so that he could sound articulate. He remembered also to put some 'emotion' into what he was saying, as to not sound as threatening.
"Well, there is shelter here, but we don't want any trouble..."
"Neither do I, but if some finds me...why do you think I'd start trouble?"
"Um, well, you look to be a winter elf...and, well, we're at war these days...and...uh...well...I guess you can come in. We'll be watching you though..."

Tundra sighed as he walked into Nandine. He was actually more accepted now...which was saying something...
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

Breccan

Re: Arrival in Nandine

Postby Breccan » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:07 pm

*Three humans, two of them wearing leather armour, all three carrying tall spears walk past on the way out of the city eyeing the sword wearily but failing to notice the tabard. The one in the middle stops and turns, speaking quietly. He stands with his spear leant against his shoulder. The other two stand a few paces behind looking tense.*

"The only winter elf I've ever known spoke fairly as a friend, and when our party's backs were turned tried to kill them. I hear your people oppose the freedom of the human tribes. Why are you here in Nandine?"
Teyaspa, a wild Everni hunter.

Edd

Postby Edd » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:16 pm

The creature turns around, and looks the man in the eye. He speaks slowly, without emotion, focusing on each word before he says it.

"I was Winter. But then the Mist found me. I lost everything. Everything. Then the mist left. I started to be again. Then I met a magic lizard and a card lady. They helped me. People, things used to run from me - scared. The card lady read my fortune. I used to walk with death. There is hope for me, she said. The magic lizard made me strong, and good. He bound me and him and the card lady in unity...then made me like thing of life. It was odd. He made me good, when I used to be bad. For now, I just want somewhere to stay. I don't know where the magic lizard or the card lady went...so now I want to sleep. I was told that my old home - I think it was Gweria - is a place for bad people, now that I've been changed to good, I don't know where I have to go...I will only attack those who attack me first."

Tundra speaks in a monotone, unmoving apart from when he mentions the mist, where he gestures to the bones protruding from his left arm, and the purple markings that streak over his skin. His words don't seem entirely for just the humans' benefit, but also for himself, as if for reassertion and contemplation.

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:24 pm

*Passing along one of the side paths Hardes stopped for a moment catching a glance of the tall blue person across the path from him, observing his conversation with the 3 humans, thinking for a moment before crossing over towards the group. Wearing his sword proudly on his belt but otherwise un-armoured as he approached, waving a hand to get the attentsion of the humans.*
"Arrr glad to see you fine gentlemen watching over my guest until I got here, I was sent here to watch and guide him around Nandine, I'l take things from here."

*not giving the men time to respond Hardes outstretched a hand to Tundra, giving a friendly smile*
"Hardes Volourius, a pleasure to meet you, now if you would like to follow me we can get straight to business"
*winking as he said this, trying to gesture him to play along and follow*

((Hardes Volourius))
I'm not a big fat monster...... I'm THE Big Fat Monster
Sonny "McCuddles" Bigwood ((185))

Breccan

Postby Breccan » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:16 pm

*The human who was talking looks puzzled at the figures words, and as Hardes speaks he laughs, clearly assuming Hardes had no idea who he was.*
"Well, Hardes Volourius. I grant him access to Nandine, but his good conduct is your responsibility. If he brings harm to any here, directly or indirectly, you will pay the price as well as him.

"And Elf, if you're here in peace, then I welcome you. If you are still here when I return I would speak with you."

Edd

Postby Edd » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:12 am

Tundra stared at Hardes' outstretched hand in confusion, luckily before he spoke the other man laughed and the situation's hostility disolved.

"I am Tundra, and I am born of Mist, no longer an elf. I don't know when you'll return, but if I am here, then we can talk."

Looking back to Hardes, the figure wears a quizzical look.

"I don't remember being told about you, but then I don't remember a lot of things. I also think you may have something in your eye."

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:12 am

A woman walks briskly up the road to the town, shuffling cards.

"Tundra, whatever path you've decided to walk now, could you take it a bit slower? My legs are smaller than yours...Who're your friends?"
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar
Gizmo - Light Elf Sorc/crafter, Captain of the Nomads, friend to rocks
Cinder - Efreet scout, High Priest of Eternity

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:13 am

*still smiling Hardes looked back up to the group of men, giving up on the handshake and instead giving the speaker a thumbs up*
"don't you worry I'l keep an eye on him and find him accommodation if he needs, everyone deserves shelter from war, and refugees can come in all shapes and sizes, we won't fuss over racial politics, I personally perfer to judge one on their deeds, and not their breed per-say."

*turning back to Tundra Hardes nodded before pointing down the path behind him* 
"again a pleasure to meet you, and no you won't remember me, I'm a Representative of a Refugee camp in this city, we can offer you shelter and aid if you need help while you stay. We ..."

*pausing for a moment as he heard the lady along the path, turning to look at her then back to Tundra* 
"would this be one of your friends? We should have enough room for both of you, if my offer interests you I can show you the way when your ready,"

((Hardes Volouris))
Last edited by Sonny on Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Breccan

Postby Breccan » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:47 pm

*Teyaspa loses his smile, watches Hardes warily for a moment before moving to the gates. He whispers a few words to the guards before leaving his city. His two guards accompany him as they all turn from the road and vanish into the foliage*

Edd

Postby Edd » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:29 pm

Speaking to Theresa, "I don't know, they aren't my friends."

Turning to Hardes, "If you judge me by my deeds, then I have killed people. Lots of people. But food and shelter would be welcome."

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:27 pm

Slightly worried by how this kind-hearted stranger would react to such news, Theresa steps in quickly before he can reply, drawing a tarot card: Death.

"But that is in the past; Tundra's path before now has been death, in many ways. He has killed, he seems to think the dead served him and also that he spent a lot of time in Gweria. That is one sort of death. But also, Death is in that part of him which has gone - a clean break from the past, and a renewal in a different form.

"Thank you for your offer, which I would gratefully accept. I am Theresa, I read the cards. Shall I see what your future holds?"
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:42 am

*watching as the small group of humans walk off Des thinks for a few moments as their speaker chats with the guards wondering who that was, and hoping his views didn't offend them, but being used to being a little ignorant of the mainland he shrugged off the worries and turned back to tundra as he spoke, a little concerned with his reply at first, unable to help but smile a little more when Theresa quickly butted in, eyeing up the card she held up before looking back at them both.*
"Aye I've seen my fair share of death, war can be a terrible burden for all, I'm trying to distance myself from this one after the last almost destroyed our entire nation. Everyone deserves a clean break if they choose, though I can't say I'm familiar with this Gweria you speak of. None the less a pleasure to meet you miss Theresa, and I'd be more then interested for a reading, could you do it here or would you prefer to get settled first?"

((Hardes Volourius))

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:35 pm

Theresa smiles and hands him the cards

"A reading takes but a moment. Simply knock the cards a few times, then shuffle them. If you have a specific question about the future hold it in your mind, and when you are ready, draw a card. Also, I didn't catch your name?"

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:21 pm

*watching the cards curiously Des carefully took them in his hands, gently drumming his fingers over the top card before giving the cards a good shuffle back and forth, his mind unable to shift from his venture later this week and the coming ritual to retake the homeland from the demon blight. Smiling as he nodded and offered the cards back to her*
"Hardes my lady, Hardes Volourius at your service."

((Hardes Volourius)) 

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:35 pm

Taking the cards, Theresa examined the one he drew.

"Well, Mr Volourius, Risk is smiling on your future - you've drawn the world. An auspicious card - it means success, completion and satisfaction. Your endeavours will go well, then. But keep busy, as sometimes a long worked-for goal can leave a gap when it has been attained. The world means something has finished, but the world turns, and you will be back at the beginning of a new journey before you know it."

Return to “Nandine”