Seeking the stalkers.

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

dainul

Seeking the stalkers.

Postby dainul » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:45 pm

Unarmoured and unarmed, Zemepatis makes his way to what passes for a headquarters for the Woodland Stalkers. He had left the others once he was certain Rilla was alright, and quietly excused himself. He knew they would have tried to stop him, and didn't need the grief. His armour and shield was with Finlani, and the young healer had instructions to pass them on to Des if he wasn't back by morning.

Finally he steps through the doors of the hut and stands wearily before the Stalker on duty. "You may know why I am here. You may not. I am here to give a report of and take responsibility for the events of today surrounding George Adey." His voice is level as he retreats within himself for the second time in two days. The second time since Gerethanax gave him this new form.

Lord, forgive me. I yielded too easily and too many lie dead. Your faithful lie dead.

He waits for a response.
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Re: Seeking the stalkers.

Postby Will » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:15 pm

**The scout on duty looks slightly perplexed and then moves off quickly to rind someone more senior**
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

dainul

Postby dainul » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:29 am

Zemepatis stands and waits. His impassive face hides his heart from the world, but not from his God. And so he prays. For strength, for guidance, for forgiveness. Soon his prayers lack words, and it is merely his emotions, fears and doubts he projects through his feet. By the time the scout returns, he is almost oblivious to the world around him, lost in prayer and fear.

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:34 pm

**Covered head to toe in ornate leather armour decorated in beads and feather of all varieties, a tall Everni female approaches Zem. She seems somewhat cautious**

"What?"
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

dainul

Postby dainul » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:59 am

Zem starts from his reverie and looks around at the woman. His face remains as impassive as it ever was in his long life as he speaks.

"I am here to provide a report on the events leading to the deaths of George Adey, three militiamen who's names I regret not getting, Reuben and Terra. I am also here to accept responsibility for the events as I had the opportunity to prevent them."

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:18 am

**The woman narrows her gaze and her grip tightens on the sword by her side**

"I think you should expand on that statement..."

dainul

Postby dainul » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:59 pm

"Indeed, though expanding on that alone would likely but raise more questions. Probably better that I give the full report." With yet another silent prayer to Gerethanax, he begins.

"The events began with George Adey gravely ill and the healers unable to aid him. Ruilsara Moonheart recieved a message from her God, the Celestial Dragon, that the child must be, and could be saved. She travelledo meet her former mentor, only to find him dead. His notes however, revealed him to have also revealed this mesage, and that his research led him to believe that the boy's condition was a psychic, rather than a physical one. As such, there was one entity he believed capapble of aiding us in saving the child, with whom he had arranged a meeting before his death. Erathil."

Fully aware of the response that would likely receive, Zem presses on quickly, wishing to get the whole tale told before being struck. "My first failing was here, as I allowed a junior member of the guild's ardent fervour to save a single child to overcome our duty to avoid danger to the rest of the Nandine. Ruilsara did consult with Harran Teyaspa before we set off, though I do not know the limits of what he permitted of her. I also do not know why he considered the child so important. It may have been a matter of quarantine, but gott the impression that there was something more in the militia's orders. Perhaps you will be able to understand this more than me in that detail."

"So we went, we met the traitor and he gave us some incense sticks to draw us into the boy's dream, and returned us to Nandine. There, we were perturbed to be attacked by the Nandine militia who had been ordered to guard the boy, but having not been told to expect us, or recognising myself, Ruilsara or Fionan Druce. Again, that may make more sense to you. After we had assured them of our good intentions, we discussed how we would use the incense. The guards volunteered to watch over us while we entered the boy's dreams.

"The rest is confusion, as I was not able to follow what happened when. It seemed the child was locked in an nightmare presided over by some servants of the twisted god Neffakeffen, though we only have their word for that. All I can really say of that dreamscape is that it seemed to be there more for Ruilsara's benefit than the child's, and when we awoke, Reuben was dead. Others who had died in the dream had returned, but Reuben looked like what had happened to his psyche happened also to his body. Around us, the militiamen were dead as well as the child, poisonned, most likely by the incense. I cannot tell why we were not as badly affected, but that is the reason for their deaths. In desparate hope, we made foolish decisions for which others have paid.

"Fionan, Ruilsara and Hardes Volourius were drawn into a further dreamscape on our return by a servant of the Celestial Dragon, and we were set upon by mad cultists claiming to follow Eramine of all people. They said that Ruilsara had come to know things which mortal was not to know, and sought to kill her. It was during our attempts to fall back to Nandine that Terra died."

Zem lowers his gaze. "I allowed my judgement to be clouded by the blind enthusiasm of youth. I did not put a stop to events which I should have known would bring harm to Nandine. And so they did. Whether George Adey could have been saved I do not know, but the militiamen, Reuben and Terra did not need to die."

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:50 am

**A range of reactions cross the Woman's face. Shock at the news regarding Erathil, curiosity at news of the Celestial Dragon, resignation at the news of the deaths. She waits patiently for Zem to finish before responding**

"I appreciate that you did not know of the importance of the Adey child. That he is dead is a great blow, there was a huge potential for information from one of the only known prophets that we had access to. He was under very strict guard and that you persuaded them to let you through is sign enough of your genuine intent. The world is fast approaching a critical juncture, and to glean understanding of that change is vital. It is a cause they would have gladly given their lives for.

I suppose there are two questions to be asked. Did you learn anything of importance, and would this have been possible without the help of Erathil?"

dainul

Postby dainul » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:59 am

"Help?" Zem seems genuinely surprised by her choice of words, then thinks a moment before replying. "Those who came for Ruilsara called her 'the prophet'. Within the dream, the only information I was able to gather was from the first creatures we encountered, claiming the boy's mind as the realm of Nefferkeffen."

He pauses again before trying to answer the other question. "I don't know how we could have entered the child's mind without Erathil's intervention, but I do not know whether doing so gained us anything."

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:47 pm

"Then who would know what was gained?"

**She seems quite agitated now**

dainul

Postby dainul » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:55 am

Zem pauses again. He'd hoped to avoid getting Rilla caught up in the fallout of those events, but it seems an impossible desire. "Ruilsara Moonheart would know if anyone does."

Will
Over 9000!!!!

Postby Will » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:21 pm

**The Everni issues a series of short sharp orders, directing Scouts to locate the Life Elf urgently.**

"Thank you Zem. Once we have found out what was learned, we can establish whether or not the sacrifice was a worthy one. Then I have a feeling that your own conscience will be your judge, jury and executioner"

Return to “Nandine”