An appointment with Erathil

For In Character events within the Elven Heartlands

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Ben
More posts than Nikki

An appointment with Erathil

Postby Ben » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:16 pm

**With a rushing of air and a shimmer of metamagic, a tall heavily built human dressed in green and brown appears at the house at Dvarni. In his arms he is holding a small elven girl, pale of skin and hair with a golden sheen across both but as he appears he places her down on the ground where she looks around, blinking at her new surroundings serenely taking it all in. Within seconds the pair are surrounded by armed guards but Quayle shares the calm of the girl**

"Please tell Erathil that Quayle is here to see him, he should be expecting me."

Quayle
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Re: An appointment with Erathil

Postby Ben » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:36 pm

**One of the guards had been sent to make the King of the High Elves aware, meanwhile Quayle sat outside the house while the guards eyed him with suspicion. Several hours passed and Quayle spoke at length to the Elves present, apparently they were members of the Phoenix Guard, a combat force outside the Elven military answerable to Erathil himself and used by him to carry out tasks not suitable to the Elven army, Currently their mission was to guard the house and their casualities numbered in the dozens.

Meanwhile, the girl wandered around. She had not seen Elves before but she was self-aware enough to realise that she was one of them. She watched one of the men closely for a while until he realised he was being observed.

"Can I get you something young lady?"
She thought for a second, what had Kwai said? Oh yes. "You can get me Erathil." her voice was clear, concise and was somehow more powerful than that of any small child.
The man's eyes glazed as he replied, his voice sounding distant ""I will get you Erathil." and with that he turned and walked off towards Erathil's camp.
There was a voice behing her, kindly but firm "Yoral, I've told you before not to do that."
The girl turned, head hanging and bowed "I am sorry Kwai-san but we have been waiting so long."
The man reaches out and delicately lifts her chin so that he is looking into her eyes and smiles "I know, but the person we have come to see is a busy and important man, we are fortunate if he can spare any time at all."

**Quayle**

Tome of Magic 6.0

Dom

Postby Dom » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:04 pm

A smartly dressed high elf guard in white and blue comes into the room, he takes in the scene and seems slightly taken aback at the incongrous pair. He quickly regains he composure.
"his magesty will see you now. He is just sitting down to eat, will you join him?"
As though he wasnt really waiting for a response he turns sideways and points the way to the palace.
"it is a short walk, but we can teleport if the young lady would prefer?"
"I genuinely have never enjoyed an event so much" Ben 08/09
"Never enough dead players" Will 2011
"Cutting off people's faces is Sick!" Malven aka Flash 2011
http://www.jitsu.me/Home.html

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:26 pm

"I would be honoured" he looks down at the girl who smiles back "we'll happily walk"

**Quayle and the girl heads towards Erathil's new palace, an impressive building especially considering the short amount of time and resources the Elves would have had since the coming of the Glooms. They are ushered in and made comfortable before Erathil joins them, they exchange pleasantries for several minutes before the reason for the meeting is revealed.**

"Where are my manners? May I introduce this young lady, her name is Yoral."

**The girl stands and bows, then realising her mistake, blushes and curtsies before sitting down.**

"She was born four years ago, just a week before the destruction of Nartulin. Her mother never recovered from the destruction of the village she spent so much time and effort creating and, I am sad to say, abandoned her child. I took it upon myself to find her a new home and I chose a woman in Serke Kemi to look after her. I had just returned from that land and was intending to spend much more time there, besides we had recently helped in the sundering of Triundune and were seen as heroes over there and...I wanted to find a place for the girl where she would not be discovered."

**Quayle looks up at Erathil, knowing this last part would raise questions**

"Her name is Yoral Coshwood, her father was Sylor Coshwood. She's your granddaughter and she has developed some of your rare talents. I've brought her to you because I think you should raise her, she was no longer safe in Serke Kemi, their prejudice against magic has returned with a vengeance spreading to essence users as well and I can think of no one better to teach and protect her. Besides, I will not be around forever and have been feeling for some time that this was something I had to do, I can hardly claim friendship with you and keep such a secret from you."

**Quayle**

Tome of Magic 6.0

Return to “The Heartlands”