Erathil's Palace

For In Character events within the Elven Heartlands

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Plot Bot

Erathil's Palace

Postby Plot Bot » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:15 pm

**A High Elf is shown in, he is dressed in navy blue with a captain's insignia but his uniform seems more functional than military**

“Lord Erathil, I have disturbing news…another baby has gone missing.”

**The man places a small pile of folders on the table and in turn hands them to Erathil**

“As far as we can tell, this is the earliest. On the 31st Maya last year the remains of a baby were discovered in a forest on the outskirts of Dvarni. From the state of decay it had been there for several weeks and animals had eaten much of the flesh. However, we could tell it was very young and Elven. We were unable to locate any kin and unfortunately the case was left unsolved.”

**He hands a second, thicker file over**

“Juts 21st, Velnashar’s holy day, a fire at a house in a small village outside Dvarni. One body was recovered, a Winter Elven woman. Locals reported that she had only recently given birth to a son but no trace of the baby was discovered. The case was investigated and although it was believed that this was started by Velnashar followers as a mark of their Holy Day, no evidence was ever discovered. It was assumed that the baby had been too badly burned to recognise.”

**He hands two more files over**

“Septerimus 18th. Earth Elven baby goes missing from the orphanage, the matron in charge of the orphanage hushes it up, we only found out a couple of months later when another goes missing and her junior reports it when she tries to cover it up again. She has been punished, her junior is now matron but neither baby has been found .”

**He passes over another”

“Januvet this year. High Elven woman, complications during childbirth led to her unfortunate death. The midwife was later found at the woman’s home at the bottom of some stairs, dead from a broken neck. Recorded as a tragic accident. However, last month I had the body of the pregnant woman exhumed…it appears the baby was delivered, yet there was no sign of a baby either alive or dead at the scene.”

**Another folder is handed over**

“I won’t go into details on this one, as you can see it is rather disturbing and is the reason why I had the body of the previous young woman exhumed.”

**The final folder is passes to Erathil**

“Five days ago, a seventh baby is reported missing by its Earth Elven mother. A domewide search is ongoing but no sign. There could be more than this if other cases have gone unreported.”

Captain Vise

Dom

Re: Erathil's Palace

Postby Dom » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:16 pm

Erathil flicks through the papers, checking the last page of each one. He puts them all down and stares into the middle distance.

Captain, all of this is very disturbing indeed. But it may not be what it first appears as. My brother, with my blessing, has instituted a law that caps the number of children an elven woman can give birth to. We have limited space and resources, so sacrifices must be made. I am in no way damning these mothers but it is not inconceivable that they are hiding the children so they may find pardon for a third pregnancy or wish to have a third child later on. The evidence you have brought here has one dead child, no more.
Bring me a second or recruit the Font in discovering the cause of death of the first and I will support your investigation with all the force of my position, but until then they must remain missing persons.

But that doesn’t mean you shouldn't alert both my brother Warren and the other captains in the city. If this is a pattern of infanticide then we must discover the perpetrator and destroy them.

He nods to the captain and returns to the papers on his desk.
"I genuinely have never enjoyed an event so much" Ben 08/09
"Never enough dead players" Will 2011
"Cutting off people's faces is Sick!" Malven aka Flash 2011
http://www.jitsu.me/Home.html

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:06 am

**The man picks up the files**

"Thank you your Majesty. We did not wish to bother you with this prematurely so the guard are already aware, I will have a runner sent to the font but I do not believe General Warryn Coshwood has returned yet."

**He bows and exits**

Luke

Postby Luke » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:15 am

Us he leaves through the large wooden doors a small bustling high elf scurries forward to hold them open, both for the captain and the entourage following. Warryn walks slowly down the corridor, his armour looking a little worse for wear and his boots covered in dirt and the remnants of melting ice. He carries his helmet under his arm and nods politely.

Captain.

He continues to walk towards Erathil's wing of the palace. And he mutters under his breath trying to remember something.
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:55 pm

**The man stands to attention and salutes**

"Sir, I am sorry to disturb you. I came to see the High King to make him aware of the disappearance of seven Elven babies over the last year, five since the domes were erected. He wished for more evidence but said to make sure you were informed about this."

Luke

Postby Luke » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:05 pm

Warryn finished his sentence then stopped. Staring at the captain.

Yes. Brother can get busy. Have you tried communing? I'll be frank. Give me an enemy to fight or a solution to carry out and it will be done. I am not a great investigator. I have to say though, if it is someone acting intentionally they are pretty stupid. With overpopulation they are hardly hurting the nation, and all children must be registered. Its hardly devious. More moronic. Find evidence. Commune. If that doesn't work come to me. I happen to have powerful friends that are good at this sort of thing.

He continued to walk on into Erathils chamber and his voice could be heard through the doors.

Brother! I have made a treaty with the infant-king of Ingolé...
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Return to “The Heartlands”