Crown Prince Aquilla; Summons.

For In Character events within the Elven Heartlands

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Luke

Crown Prince Aquilla; Summons.

Postby Luke » Thu May 31, 2012 10:43 am

A note circulates the domes, both written and rumour.

Crown Prince Aquilla!

There are scores to settle. Answers to be had. Conflict to be resolved.

Meet me where our favoured worlds collide.

Masonil Warryn Onyx Coshwood

on a distant mountain top, high above the glooms, a diamond elf stands fully armoured. Waiting. He watches for the soulless but keeps an eye on the sky. Where clouds and storms gather.
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Re: Crown Prince Aquilla; Summons.

Postby Ben » Thu May 31, 2012 5:42 pm

**Quayle sees a copy of the message, frowning he uses the powers of metamagic to discover Warryn's location before teleporting to the mountainside. Looking round, he spots the armed and armoured diamond elf and allows his frown to turn to a half-smile**

"Hello Warryn."

Quayle
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Damiensluman

Postby Damiensluman » Thu May 31, 2012 6:38 pm

both warryn and Qwale become aware of a sekanian stood close to there location parshly conseled.
he appears to be giving of a blue glow.

Luke

Postby Luke » Thu May 31, 2012 9:34 pm

The Diamond Elf rolled his eyes and muttered under his breath about the constant need for heroes to but in.

Hello Aquilla. You look different. For a start you have become two people. Then you have become human, half of you looking an awful lot like Quayle and the other half like a complete stranger.

Now I know this can't be Quayle or a complete stranger because Quayle knows better than to invite himself to someone else's meeting, a meeting where things of a private knightly nature must be discussed and I know he wouldn't dream of offending a Knight's honour. I also know that a complete stranger would be entirely moronic to climb a mountain, to interrupt a meeting like this without introducing himself and giving his unassailable reasoning for being here.

He laughed a little to himself and the High Elf, who had previously been invisible appeared looking awkwardly at the ground.

Then the Diamond Elf turned a little more serious.

I have a short patience and a lot on my mind at the moment. If it is Quayle then I am of course glad to see you, but I must, politely ask you to leave. The Bastard Son of Sky will be here soon.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Edd

Postby Edd » Thu May 31, 2012 10:04 pm

Thunder rumbles more prominently overhead. The clouds swirl and seem to spin around one point...from that gap in the clouds, a bolt of lightning strikes the ground, blinding everyone slightly. As their visions clear, Aquilla stands in the bolt's wake.

He looks around, before speaking.

"Hello Warryn. ...and Quayle? What are we here to talk about? Oh, and we are all aware there is someone standing over there aren't we?" He nods to the unknown high elf and points at the directions of the mysterious stranger.
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

Luke

Postby Luke » Thu May 31, 2012 10:33 pm

Ibrithil the high elf bows formally to Aquilla

Your highness, my General would like a private meeting with you to discuss some transgression.Or aggression, I'm not quite sure. However, as seems to be the case, humans have arrived to interrupt a meeting of elves.

he said 'humans' with distaste, not like he had something to spit out, just something not quite right.

I believe General Coshwood was just asking them to leave. When they have I shall too and this increasingly tiresome day can come to an end.

Warryn smiled, Ibrithil was getting more profound. Probably all the teleporting.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:13 pm

**Quayle smiles**

"The problem with spreading messages via rumour is that they sometimes their meaning becomes sullied. To be honest, I probably am exactly the sort of person who invites themselves to someone else's meetings and of offending a knight's honour...unintentionally in this case."

**He shrugs**

"I'll leave if you wish, I have no intention of trying to stop whatever you intend to do here, such is the nature of Freedom, but I would like to see the outcome. However, if you harm one of my lord's, your brother's, most loyal followers I will be as unhappy with you as you would be if I harmed a follower of Gerethenax."

Quayle

Tome of Magic 6.0

Luke

Postby Luke » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:20 pm

Warryn smiled, impressed with Quayle as always.

How is Danny? Still sick?

He paused thoughtfully.

You present me with a problem Quayle, Aquilla and I have some unfinished business. It might involve harm. What if he chooses harm of his free will? I am a very simple elf. I like fighting, everything is clear in bloodshed.

He said it all without a hint of emotion,

Aquilla. Do you wish to hear what I have to say? I feel slighted, I would see that resolved.

Then turning to the Serkanian man.

You, sir. Can leave. I don't know you but your rudeness is outstanding. I have a mind to throw you off this mountain.

He seemed utterly serious, as if he could command the mountain to do it for him.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Edd

Postby Edd » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:52 pm

Aquilla smiles at Warryn and Quayle.

"Ofcourse I wish to hear what you have to say. I don't know what I have done to slight you, but whatever it is, I of course, apologise."

He nods to Quayle.

"Thank you Quayle, your support is always welcome and gratefully received. The Noble Kingdom of the Storm Elves extends its gratitude to its most honourable allies of the Larkant Nation, but asks its leave to conduct this matter appropriately." He says these last words with a smile and over exaggerated sense of pomp.

"Warryn, would you like to convene somewhere else, away from this stranger who doesn't speak? I'm sure we can find somewhere convenient for both of us."

Luke

Postby Luke » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:53 pm

But. I picked this mountain specially. Enough to spend hours making it sound mysterious and story-like in my letter.

He seemed genuinely put out.

No. Here will do. Quayle you may stay but I have to ask you to stay silent and not intervene. You!
He pointed at the Serkanian.

You can go to the deep.

he turned to Aquilla, his eyes looking upwards as if trying to remember something.

Aquilla. I wish to accuse you of great wrong. You died. In a stupid way to a weak creature. Your dying, led to you abandoning your brother. Who died. Loph was my best and first friend. You promised you would protect him. You didn't.

But, you were dead so I couldn't accuse you, now you're not.

Also. We know high summer is approaching, and I imagine it will hold many plans and dangerous enemies. The Quarin nearly killed me. It is likely this summer will be my last and I refuse to die without knowing one thing for certain. Back when we first met you were far stronger than me, but while your bones were rotting mine were getting tougher. I cannot respect a coward that dies, leaving his brother unprotected. I can respect a warrior. Do not apologise, I don't care for them. Feerian taught me they were empty.

he seemed sad at that comment as thoughts of Leo crossed his mind.

I propose a duel. Not to the death, for the world cannot afford that. Nor to submission, for neither will submit, or you will submit easily to please me. I want to see the raging storms of the crown prince, the thunderous might of the tempest hurl it's forked lighting onto the mountain, and I want to see which prevails.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:56 pm

**Quayle nods to the pair before smiling again**

"Feel free to hurt him, I can probably fix him...just don't kill him."

**He turns and walks away towards the path down the mountain**

Quayle

Tome of Magic 6.0

Edd

Postby Edd » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:10 pm

Aquilla nods to Quayle as he leaves, then turns back to Warryn, his face serious, his smile gone.

"Lophiatus is my brother, my best friend. I have fought side by side with him on more worlds than you can imagine. We have bled together, fought together, died together. You know nothing of our friendship and brotherhood. I protect him as he protects me. I do not blame him for my death, nor does he blame me for his. It is not for you to say either way. I don't dislike you, Warryn, infact, I like you. You have solidity and determination, and devotion to those you hold dear, but you cannot know the strength of the blood that ties Loph and I. We have both died and come back again, it is not an end for us."

Thunder has rumbled throughout his speech, and as he finishes the air grows still and silent - the calm before a storm.

"I am not one to usually throw my powers around, but I can see you will not back down from this. You wish the wrath of the Storm? You shall have it."

His eyes crackle with lightning and he rises into the air, sparks flying all around him.

Luke

Postby Luke » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:59 pm

You left me alone. You say I can't understand brotherhood? I am a member of the most powerful family that has ever lived. I was prepared to battle my kin for the sake of the heroes, do you have any idea what it's like? To draw your brothers blood. I've seen Erathils, I've seen it splashed across a battlefield, and did I die for him? No. I lived for him. Death is cowardice. Living is the difficult part. You made mine lonely, and empty. Loph forgives you because he is a good brother, I don't. And I know you need it.

You have wronged me Aquilla. You have been weak. And you will be held accountable.

His calm composure changed, Ibrithil moved over to Quayle... keeping a healthy distance, which for him was usually standing anywhere but downwind from a human.

The mountain rumbled and groaned, the ground twisted and cracked as tiny particles of dust collected around the Diamond Elf. They swirled slowly around his feet and a few traced the pattern on his shield.

Afraid of the Earth Aquilla? Or is that you need the sky's space for your pride? Maybe it is because as you abandoned Velmaneth...

It rejects you!

Warryn stamped his foot and swung his sword forward, commanding the mountain to lurch. Three large boulders launched into the air heading straight for the blue elf. Warryn slashed his sword sideways through the air. The boulders, now 30 foot from him and arcing through the sky shattered into hundreds of pieces then flew back at the Storm lord.

(OOC: 3 x earth blast -1 second apart - if you would rather not make it stats that's fine. Mod this depending on preference)
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:37 pm

**Quayle turns as the hairs on the back of his neck stand up at the sense of power**

"Don't worry, I'm leaving as requested by Lord Coshwood."

**As he looks at the Serkanian for the first time, his eyes narrow at the feeling of something not quite right from the Sense Power.**

"I assume you don't know anything about the other gentleman?"

Quayle

Tome of Magic 6.0

Damiensluman

Postby Damiensluman » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:51 pm

the sekanian terns to look at qwayle

Return to “The Heartlands”