Shattered Hope

For In Character events within the human lands of Sinya Palurin

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

dainul

Shattered Hope

Postby dainul » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:11 am

On the edge of the remains of the city, an armoured warrior stands, gazing out into the darkness and shifting shadows. Further out than any other refugees would choose to stand, the warrior gazes at the doom which has claimed everything he knew, everything he strove to save. His disfigured right hand plays over the hilt of the shortest sword at his hip but something holds him back, for now.
Circusite, Ref(!?) and general lunatic.

rachel

Re: Shattered Hope

Postby rachel » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:16 am

From the corner of his eye, the warrior can see what appears to be a small fire, flickering against a rubble wall. About to dismiss it, he suddenly notices its strange shape. Almost humanoid. The more he watches, the better he can make out the form of a small girl, made of flame, huddled up against the wall.
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

dainul

Postby dainul » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:36 pm

Reith glances over, curiousity pushing aside his grief for a moment. As he looks closer, he makes out a form, a shape in the flames. Not a campfire but a living flame? Glooms forgotten for a moment, he walks slowly over towards the figure, his hand moving from sword to axe as he does so. Until the figure reacts to his presence, he continues to move forwards, cautious but not fearful of the flames.

rachel

Postby rachel » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:03 pm

The girl is slumped in exhaustion, arms wrapped around her knees. She raises her head slightly to study Reith.

"Have you seen my brother and sister? I've lost them and I need to find them and I don't know where I am."

She notices Reith's hand on his weapon, and her forlorn expression quickly changes to one of tired defiance.

"And if you're a stranger and you touch me then I'm going to burn you up. And so will Scorch and Cinders, and so will Sylas Sage, and they're all really powerful, so you'd better not hurt me."

Despite her bravado, she looks too fatigued to be much of a threat, struggling to her feet only to lean against the wall, as if even this small action has worn her out.
Characters:
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:42 am

From a far-off area of the city, a child-like voice calls out desperately. It's too distant for the words to be quite made out, but they definitely have S's in.

*Cinder*
Last edited by Niamh on Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar
Gizmo - Light Elf Sorc/crafter, Captain of the Nomads, friend to rocks
Cinder - Efreet scout, High Priest of Eternity

rachel

Postby rachel » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:55 am

The girl looks despondently into the distance, as close to tears as a being made of flame can get.

"She's too far away," she whispers, half to herself. "She's too far away to hear me. I want my big sister!"
Characters:

dainul

Postby dainul » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:13 am

Reith sighs quietly at the girl's attempts at a threat. She's not a gloom, nor cultist or golem, and doesn't seem to be trying to burn the place. He looks up as he hears the voice in the distance and then looks back to the girl. "You're on the edge of Ingolé, or the edge of the bit that's safe." He looks outsideagain at the ever hungry glooms. "Shall we go find her?"

rachel

Postby rachel » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:07 pm

"Ingolé's safe. That's where Sylas is."

Nodding wearily in answer to Reith's question, the girl takes a deep breath and pushes her small, firey hands into his. The flickering flames that make up her body die down to a warm glow, and for a moment she leans against him, too exhausted to take her own weight. Then she pulls him forward, towards the voice in the distance.
Characters:

dainul

Postby dainul » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:02 pm

Reith moves to take her hand in his left, living hand. He lets her lead him on through the city. "The safety now has more to do with Yasmin than Sylas," he mutters as they move off.

Niamh

Postby Niamh » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:26 pm

Running through the crowded streets, Cinder shouts for her siblings till her voice is hoarse. Occassionally bumping into refugees, she has barely breath to apologise when they catch fire. The usually bright fire that makes up her body is a deep red, as though it's about to gutter, and her usually vague movements are instead direct and jerky.

Finally, she catches sight of what looks like a whisp of burning hair disappear round a corner, and chases after it, calling for Singe with renewed vigour.
Keladry 'Kel' Wright - Telerfret high mage, Principal and Professor of Water at the Arcane University, High Priest of Yashmanar
Gizmo - Light Elf Sorc/crafter, Captain of the Nomads, friend to rocks
Cinder - Efreet scout, High Priest of Eternity

rachel

Postby rachel » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:10 pm

Singe suddenly catches sight of her sister. She lets out her breath, her suddenly hot hand burning Reith's in her excitment.

"Cinder!"

Stumbling backwards, she holds out her arms, smiling depite her fatigue.
Characters:

dainul

Postby dainul » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:11 pm

Reith pulls his hand back with a muttered curse and flexes his fingers until the worst of the pain subsides. He stands back out of the way of the two walking fireballs, just in case they got any more warm in their excitement.

Return to “Sinya Palurin - Ingolé”