Looking to Commission a Mage

For In Character events within the human lands of Sinya Palurin

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Sonny

Looking to Commission a Mage

Postby Sonny » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:05 am

((could anyone from the arcane university, PC or NPC help me out with this thread please :D ))

Pushing through the streets of the city Hardes slowly made his way to the Arcane University, walking up to its doors he sighed, this now being the second time he had visited this place since arriving in Ingolé, hoping for more luck this time he pushed hard on the doors and walked in.
Looking around he approached the first person he saw, trying to give his best smile
“Good mornin, I’m looking for help of the magical nature, I’m looking for a mage skilled in the ways of meta magic, you wouldn’t happen to be able to point me in the right direction would you please?”

((Hardes Volourius))
I'm not a big fat monster...... I'm THE Big Fat Monster
Sonny "McCuddles" Bigwood ((185))

Plot Bot

Re: Looking to Commission a Mage

Postby Plot Bot » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:47 am

**An old man is led in to see Hardes**

"Mr...Vole isn't it, yes it is? You seeking a mage to assist you aren't you, yes you are?"

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:27 pm

Smiling with delight as finally a mage could clear his busy day plan, Des offerd a hand to shake in greeting.

"yes thats right sir, and its Voloruis, but Des is alot easier. Have you heard pf the new dome that formed and the request for able bodies to investigate and secure it? i was hoping to lend my sword to the exploration but unable to get there myself. I was hoping if able to barter teleportation along with one of your fellow mages who is going to the dome as well in which case i would glady offer my blade at their side and essence for the trip. Though if no one was planning on going there i was hoping to purchase teleportation there and back for myself if thats at all possible."

((Hardes Volourius))

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:54 pm

**The mage seems to be listening although it is possible he drifted off somewhere in the middle**

"Mr Voluptuous, if you just want to lend your sword to someone, it would be much easier just to teleport the sword, yes the sword, easier just the sword, the sword alone yes it would."

**Suddenly the old man is struck by inspiration**

"Ah, you're a shrewd one, yes you are, you are yes. You think the one you want to lend your sword to may not give it back, might keep it, may not return it?"

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:27 pm

"no Volourius not Volup.... Never mind just Des will do, and that's not exactly what I meant....."

Scratching the back of his head, Des tried to decode the mans ramblings.
"I mean I'd happily lend my services as a body guard to them if they were heading that way, or help out however I can. Catch my drift?"

((Hardes Volourius))

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:03 pm

**The man looks perplexed**

"Your...drift? You want to go by boat, yes boat, boats drift. Well Dennis, I don't believe the waters are any safer than the land, water, water, water, water. How about we try to get your sword there the old fascist way, teleporting maybe, maybe not, not been tried and tested, tested or tried?"

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:47 pm

Sighing gently Des put his palm to his face and rubbed it all over, taking a deep breath before carrying on.
"I need to be teleported to the heartlands safely, do you know anyone going there soon or can I pay you to take me sir?"

((Hardes Volourius)) aka ((Dennis voluptuous)) 

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:10 am

"Well why didn't you say so Dennis, you should have said, you didn't say? Follow me, come this way, you should have said."

**The old man bustles off down a corridor, where he unlocks a door with the word Presearch emblasoned on it in neat black lettering.

The inside of the room is lined with large wooden units made up of dozens and dozens of drawers, each labelled in a similar black lettering. The top one to Hardes' left as he enters the room is labelled AAR-ABA, the one below ABB-ABE, then ABH-ABL **

"So you need to get to the Heartlands, the heart, the land, the heart of the land, the land of the heart?"

**The old man opens a draw labelled TEL-TEM where he pulls out a large pile of scrolls which he begins to rummage through, dropping those he is not interested in on the floor**

"Hmmm...Telepathy...no, Telemetry...no, Temper...no, Tempest? That one's good. No I suppose not. Temptation? Temptress? Combine those two for lots of fun. No, no, no. Temperance? Opposite of Temptation...no fun at all. Telescope perhaps? No, perhaps not... Telekenesis? Hmmm...no. Temporal Destruction? Destroys time itself...probably...was tried a couple of years ago... thought not. Temple? Creates a temple? Create it 40' above the ground and drop it on your enemies? No? Touch of Death: Mass? Range 1 mile? Everyone currently touching the ground within a mile dies?"

**He looks up at Des with a shocked expression**

"Oh my...that shouldn't be at all. That's terrible. Awful. I didn't realise that was in here at all. It shouldn't be...it really shouldn't be. It should be in here, of course it should, yes."

**He opens a drawer in the next cabinet labelled TOT-TOU and drops the parchment in it before going back to the other scrolls**

"Ah...here we go. Teleport, tell the port, near the sea, catch my drift?"

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:20 am

"sorry it must of slipped my tongue, sometimes my mouth doesn't listen to head, I guess the words got lost on the way.
"
Smiling at the sudden progress Des followed eagerly, looking rather lost in the sea of files and assorted information, trying to keep out the way he stood near the door wincing at a few of the named scrolls the man pulled out. Smiling when teleportation is finally found.

"haha I do indeed, teleport, fast travel between two points, though much faster then a chartered ship I presume."

((Hardes Volourius))

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:49 am

**As he makes moves towards handing the scroll over, the mage hesitates before looking Hardes up and down as if seeing him for the first time**

"You are a member of the university are you not? Yes you are, I assume, I presume, yes you are."

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:28 am

Standing before the Mage, Hardes really couldn't look less like a Mage if he tried with his large build clad in armour, wearing his sword and shield on his back, but still wearing a friendly smile.

"Me sir? I'm afraid not, I'm really not magically gifted what so ever. I Was part of the healers guild, I worked protection for them... But well.... That's in the past. So how do these scrolls work then?"

((Hardes Volourius))

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:32 am

**As if talking to a slightly backwards child**

"You read them"

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:01 am

*looking down at his feet Des shuffled nervously before looking back up.
"Errrrr is there... Other ways to use them? For say someone who isn't entirely literate? I may not be the best when it comes to reading."

((Hardes Volourius))

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:37 am

"I see, yes, I look and I see."

**He drops the scroll on the desk along with the rest before rooting through an unlabeled drawer before triumphantly bringing out a pink stone the size of a pinecone**

"As it happens, we have been developing magic in suppository form, yes we have, yes yes yes."

Sonny

Postby Sonny » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:29 am

looking rather oddly at the strange pik object Des offers his hand to accept it
"a Suppositwhaty? Im guessing i wear this right?"

((Hardes Volourius))

Return to “Sinya Palurin - Ingolé”