Alternative Methods

For In Character events within the human lands of Sinya Palurin

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Littleben

Re: Alternative Methods

Postby Littleben » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:45 pm

Fern qucikly reassures her, "No I know you didn't, I can see how careful and mature you are! It's just.. I've put a lot of time and effort into my work and I didn't want anything to happen to it. Now." He thinks for a moment, "What was it you were asking, it was about the effects right? Well as the university assignment mentioned, I was looking for anything that links a being to it's 'bane' and whether it can be recreated in a potion. Alternatively, I would also like to find out if anything can protect a being from it's bane, which is what I am trying out on you as it seems like the less hamrful experiment of the two."

He edges closer to the girl, "I didn't mean to upset you, can you tell me a bit more about yourself?" He lends out a hand with another sweet in it.
As long as I can't lose, I've already won.

rachel

Postby rachel » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:43 pm

"You mean you think you can stop me being hurt by water magic? Like how Erathil isn't immune to his bane anymore?"

Pacified, Singe smiles at the sweet and takes it carefully, swallowing it in one gulp.

"But that's a big thing you want, and that means we're taking a big risk, because actually the potion might hurt instead, and THAT means we have to dedicate it to Lady Risk, so she'll be pleased with us. She is very powerful. I think that will be better than me telling you about myself because if I do, Scorch might be angry at me, and then he might burn you up. I'm not SCARED of Scorch, but I don't like it when he's angry at me."
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

Littleben

Postby Littleben » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:40 pm

"You are hurt by water magic? Oh - that was so obvious, I'm so stupid!" His head drops in failure. After a short pause, he continues, "Well, my research suggests that it is possible to stop, but they were only preliminary tests." He then goes on babbling with some technical mumbling before he sees Singe looking very confused about what he is saying. Fern then ponders for a moment, before asking "Lady Risk, who is that? And I would like to know what I'm doing before I do anything - is there any way I can meet 'Scorch' and convince him that I won't do anything so he will not be angry? And tell me, Erathil isn't immune to his bane? How was that possible? Do you know details?"

Fernando has obviously gone a bit crazy about the whole thing and doesn't seem to stop asking questions or moving, even for a breathe.

rachel

Postby rachel » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:56 am

Singe is starting to get bored, especially at Fernando's technical explanation of his research. She kneels up to study some of the apparatus on the table, lighting any candles with her fingers and playing with the wax. Eventually she interupts him midflow.

"I'm hungry; I want another sweet. You should have one too. I don't know about Erathil, only that his bane doesn't hurt him anymore, and if he found out that you know even that I bet he'd kill you."

She carefully puts the candles on the floor around her, before pulling out a pack of playing cards from a pouch on her belt. After shuffling them, she spreads them into a fan and picks one from the middle. The rest are gently placed in a stack in front of her, face down, while she stares at the chosen card. When she rests it face up on the top of the pack, Fernando can see that it is the seven of spades.

"Lady Risk is the goddess of luck, and she is the best out of all the gods because she isn't nasty or full of rules, and she never says that one group of people is better than another. She is the bravest too. She says that only by taking chances can good things happen, and you mustn't be afraid of bad things happening because you are stronger than the bad things. Some people think she's not very powerful, but she's the god that cured all the mutants who were made ill by the pink mist. Because someone wagered their life that she would, and that was a good gamble."

Singe looks towards Fernando's bag.

"Where are the potions you want me to try? I want to do a prayer over them."
Characters:
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))

Littleben

Postby Littleben » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:41 pm

Fern seems a little concerned for Singe, "I see.. but are you sure you should be allowed to gamble?"

However, he moves on with answers to he question. "Here, try this one I made a couple days ago, I think I can refine and improve it if it has the right effect. There are a few more potions that I need to make up though, I'll need to get the ingredients for them and then prepare them correctly. If you are really into helping perhaps you could gather some of the ingredients for me?"

He also eats a sweet himself and lends a hand with his final two sweets to Singe.

rachel

Postby rachel » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:40 pm

At first Singe seems puzzled by Fernando's question, but then she smiles.

"It's ok," she assures him. "I'm good at gambling. I only cheat if everyone else is."

Holding her breath, she delicately takes the small vial of potion and places it on top of the playing cards. When she speaks, her tone is clear and proud.

"Great Lady Risk, we honour you with this venture. We wager our lives and my soul and Fernando's laboratory to gain knowledge about banes and how to protect ourselves from them, so we can be more powerful and influential. Favour our risk, and show Fernando how awesome you truly are."

She confidently picks up the vial, takes off the lid, and takes seven mouthfuls of the potion. Although her sips are small, the bottle is only half full when she puts the lid back on and places it back on the pile of playing cards.
Characters:

Littleben

Postby Littleben » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:08 am

[Role playing elsewhere because rachel is away - just a notice to say I'm not in 2 places at once!

Ref: I think we've given up caring about that nowadays!]

[lol k]
Last edited by Littleben on Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Will
Over 9000!!!!
Location: Exeter, Velmaneth, Azeroth, The Three Kingdoms, Labyrinthia...

Postby Will » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:21 pm

**Singe immediately begins to feel drowsy, her usual hyperactivity draining away, such that she reaches a more typical state of energy.**
Saga 2015 will be entirely celebrating and drinking with nothing bad happening and no bad guys showing up at all ever

Littleben

Postby Littleben » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:21 pm

Fern notes the effect that the potion has had but continues normally, "How are you feeling, Singe. What are your thoughts right at this second?"

rachel

Postby rachel » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:26 am

The efreeti looks slightly forlorn.

"I just feel tired," she says, sitting down cross-legged. "I think I need more practice at praying."
Characters:

Littleben

Postby Littleben » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:13 pm

Fern reassures her, "No, no you did great, it didn't harm you right? So your prayers kept you safe! It was my potion that didn't have the right effect you did great!"

rachel

Postby rachel » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:45 pm

Singe smiles, though she looks slightly wary.

"Do you have to hurt me with water magic now? To see if it worked?"
Characters:

Littleben

Postby Littleben » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:49 pm

Fern reassures her."No, no. I'll need to make a new and refined potion. Could you help me get some of the ingredients maybe?"

rachel

Postby rachel » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:38 am

Clearly relieved, Singe eats both sweets at once, her cheeks bulging as she packs up the playing cards and puts them back in her pouch. She tries to answer, but her mouth is too full. Chewing quickly, she eventually manages to speak.

"I'll help you find ingredients. I'm good at finding things. But only for a little while because I'm tired, and then you can tell me a story."

Pleased with this bargain, she rises to her feet and walks to the doorway.
Characters:

Littleben

Postby Littleben » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:06 pm

"Thankyou very much!" he says as he writes down a list of items on a piece of paper. He stops and says, "Oh, you can read can't you?"

Return to “Sinya Palurin - Ingolé”