Alternative Methods

For In Character events within the human lands of Sinya Palurin

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

rachel

Re: Alternative Methods

Postby rachel » Fri May 18, 2012 12:54 pm

Singe watches Fern work from a safe distance, chewing on a crust of bread. She is clearly excited by his praise, and sways gleefully, hands a flurry of flickering flames. Her attempt to keep quiet while he thinks eventually becomes too much.

"I want a potion please, I really really do! That would be the bestest present, and Cinders would be soooo jealous. But how will capturing part of my essence be useful to me? I can make loads and loads of flames just by being me! I bet it would be useful to you because then you could be made of flame too and we could play tag, and no one could catch you if they weren't efreeti, and you could boil your potions yourself. I want the essence of Loph because he's really fast and then I could beat him in a race. Or of V..." She hesitates for a moment, then smiles as she remembers. "Or of the Sun because then I'd be just as powerful as him and I'd be able to kill him. Do you think you can do that- make yourself into an efreeti like me?"
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

Littleben

Postby Littleben » Fri May 18, 2012 4:52 pm

It can still be seen that Fern's thoughts are all over the place and it is hard to tell what exactly is going through his mind.
He registers what Singe has says and attempts to respond, "Yes, yes, potions are great aren't they? One reason why I became and alchemist, to be like the heroes, because ofcourse I'm a peasant and don't have any... what is it again, essence? Yes essence. Hmm.. potions of essence would be worth much to you? Not to me though, but rava is good is it not? Anyway, capturing your essence... hmm could make me flames? Yes, yes I think it could! Excellent idea Singe! That would be good yes, and useful to you how? Well I was going to experiment to see what can make it stronger, everlast, hard to extinguish... good yes? Yes good, and if I was flames and could not be extinguished too... when I wanted... nice that would be. Warm.
This person you say, the elf "Loph", who was on the adventure yes? Do you know him well? Can you get his essence? Would prove very useful indeed, to me and you. Quick is good, can get past the glooms and other enemies easily. Fast, like my babbling. Ha ha. Funny, no? I think so.. I think a lot. Potions yes. Essence of V.. Hmm yes the sun.. you must mean the god of destruction, I think I read. I am preparing for him, or from what I have read of him. Would be good to get his essence aswell, and those of the other gods.. is that possible? In mortal form perhaps? Who can do that - do you know? Any of the party we were with? Do I think I can make me into something else? Oh yes. Oh very much so yes I can be anything I like thanks to alchemy yes. Very good I can make myself, or bad also. Risky but rewarding - that's why I need a lot of research to do and experiments and potions and essence like I ask. So I ask again, can I get your essence? And you know of others essence that I can have from them? They will give?"

Fern seems very... deep in thought about his research, although very much aware of what is going on around him.
As long as I can't lose, I've already won.

rachel

Postby rachel » Sat May 19, 2012 11:54 am

Singe has taken a few small steps backwards, though she is giggling at Fern's words. At his sudden demand for information she shakes her head quickly.

"I don't know. I'm only little; I don't know much about essence or potions or gods. I could pray to Risk though!"

Without waiting for an answer she starts to chant. "Great Lady Risk who brought me back from the land of the dead, show us the truth that we seek. Let nothing be hidden from me, let light and flame show me what is, so I can understand the risks I truly take." ((Anyone with Sense Power can feel the build up of light magic as she speaks))

She pauses for a minute, as if expecting a reply, and then grins. "I know, lets go and ask Sylas if he knows how to get essence from me and other hereos." Holding her breath, she moves forward and takes Fern's hand.
Characters:
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))

Littleben

Postby Littleben » Sat May 19, 2012 2:14 pm

As Fern babbles on more he mid-sentence simply replies, "Ok let's go," before babbling on some more.

rachel

Postby rachel » Tue May 29, 2012 3:33 pm

Still holding her breath, Singe leads Fern out of his house and along some backstreets. The alleyways become narrower and dirtier, and Fern becomes more and more certain that this is not the direction of Sylas's palace. The efreeti suddenly stops, lets go of Fern's hand and starts to clamber over a wall, beckoning for him to follow.

"Come on. You need to meet some of my friends."

Behind the wall is an overgrown garden and a rundown tavern. Most of its windows are broken, probably by looters from when refugees first flooded into the domes, and the doorway has been boarded up. Singe scans the garden for a moment, frowning, and then calls out.

"It's Singe! I've brought a friend. He's nice."

Slowly, from hiding places in the long grass and bushes, human children emerge. All of them are thin and wearing an odd assortment of clothes. They stare at Fern suspiciously, though most seem comfortable in Singe's presence.

"Who's that?" A boy of about 12 asks her, pointing at Fern rudely.

"My friend Fern. He's very very clever, and he can make potions that make people more powerful. At the moment he's practising making potions that can give you other peoples' skills, but he needs people to try them on to check that they work." Singe grins. "If you help him he'll give you loads of food. I did it and it's not scary. And you might get to be really powerful and be a proper hero."
Characters:

Littleben

Postby Littleben » Wed May 30, 2012 6:31 pm

Fern pulls Singe to the side to talk to her so that the other human children can not hear, "This is an adult conversation now Singe. I was looking to borrow the essence of strong heroes, and I don't think these children are quite that. As for giving them my potions, all that it would be good to 'test' them on these children, I'll be truthful in saying I don't know what they will do and I am not going to put children's lives at risk. Do you understand?"

He thinks for a moment... "Although, they could help me in getting something useful for the potions in which I can give them food for, as they clearly need it."

rachel

Postby rachel » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:00 pm

Singe scowls.

"You don't know whether they're strong heroes or not. You haven't even talked to them yet." Some of the children have moved closer to hear the conversation, and she shakes her head fiercely at them. Kicking the ground with her foot, she continues. "You said you wanted to take the essence of people, and these are people, so you can take the essence of them. Or make them into efreet, like me."
Characters:

Littleben

Postby Littleben » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:09 pm

"I don't know who they are, you are right, and that is why I am not taking the risk, sorry."

He goes on, "Although, if I take a small amount of their blood I could see if they have hero in them - No, no I can't... but if they hosted great power..."

Return to “Sinya Palurin - Ingolé”