Spring Assessments

For In Character events within the human lands of Sinya Palurin

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Dom

Spring Assessments

Postby Dom » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:31 pm

Around the university posters are put up. They are stamped with both the university's seal and that of the palace.

Spring assignments
For those wishing to test both their research and theoretical skills several assessments have been devised. They should be completed on parchment in legible and well presented common. Illustrations are welcome but not compulsory. Applicants will have till the first of Mars to complete their papers. One title must be chosen and multiple applications will be ignored. Those deemed the best by the marking body will receive one and a half rations till high summer.

The titles are as follows:
Describe the metaphysical makeup of a parallel or hypothetical Velmaneth where there are no Gods.

Explain and compare the biological, physical and spiritual connection between beings and their 'banes'.

Document and describe the times when gods have been fought, replaced, destroyed or re-ascended.

Detail the history of the Sentinels of the Cosmic Path, make reference to confluences, dispersals and encounters with the Gloom King.

Detail the history of Velnashar and the religion(s) associated with him. Describe any manifestations of the god on Velmaneth as well as the aims, interests and activities of both the god and his followers as well as any strengths and weaknesses."

Describe, with examples, the actions needed to create a god.
"I genuinely have never enjoyed an event so much" Ben 08/09
"Never enough dead players" Will 2011
"Cutting off people's faces is Sick!" Malven aka Flash 2011
http://www.jitsu.me/Home.html

Littleben

Re: Spring Assessments

Postby Littleben » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:58 pm

The alchemist, Fernando Thistle, approached the university doors inquisting about the posters recently put up. He looked as best he could in his scrappy peasant appature but he strode with confidence. He sought after a member of the university who would know something about these spring assignments.

"Hello, anyone, I'd like to ask about these spring assignments."

** Fernando Thistle **
As long as I can't lose, I've already won.

Dom

Postby Dom » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:55 pm

He is guided inside to a counter where a elderly women sits flicking through parchments. She looks up at him over her half moon spectacles.

"yes?"

Littleben

Postby Littleben » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:02 pm

He nervously asks, "Yes, *ahem* I know the university is kept for the heroes and the telefret, and I am only a peasant, but I was wondering if I could put forward an assignment for the beings and their 'banes' topic? I've been... experi- I mean, working with more complex potions in my Alchemy shop and I think I may be able to find something of interest and I would really like tohave the extra rations and.."
Fern Thistle is almost out of breathe before he readjusts himself and takes a breath. "If that is possible ofcourse."

** Fernando Thistle **

Dom

Postby Dom » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:21 am

She looks at him and smiles. The more people that take part the better, and im sure you have somthing very important to share. just write.... you can write cant you? Never mind if you cant just draw your answer. Then bring it here and sign this form so we know your name and where you live. Also if you are short of a few rava she looks down at his shabby clothing you could always sign up for that.
She points up to the wall where a poster is stuck
http://www.heartofpargonlarp.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3877&p=54723#p54723

rachel

Postby rachel » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:02 pm

From behind a large chair in the corner shouts a voice.

"I can write! I can write! I'll help you!"

A small girl made completely of flame clambors over the back of the chair, making it smoulder slightly with her touch. She grins mischievously at Fernando, her body flickering in excitement.

"I'm good at writing," she informs him.

*Singe*
Characters:
Haze: A distrusting feline. With a mask.
Safina Kor: Human warrior from the Kor tribe (because everyone knows men can't fight... ;))
Singe: Child-like efreeti scout.

Littleben

Postby Littleben » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:27 pm

Fern leaps back from the small efreeti girl, still being able to feel the heat from her glare however. "Thankyou that is such a generous offer, however I can write rather well myself and I'll be sure to add drawings.... Although, you could help me with my experiments if you would like, do you know if you have a 'bane' little girl? I assume you like fire - I might have something for you! If you want to help come by my Alchemy shop in the lower city."

He looks to the elderly woman and acknowledges her smile, "Thankyou, this will be a wonderful oppotunity for me."
He then looks, slightly nervously, towards the poster. He highlights this line inparticular in his thoughts and decides to decline the offer:
Dom wrote:all honest and law-abiding citizens

Fern was never too sure if scavenging abandoned properties was illegal or not under the Haran's rule, so he kept it to himself.

Return to “Sinya Palurin - Ingolé”