Death in the City

For In Character events within the human lands of Sinya Palurin

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Dark Flight

Death in the City

Postby Dark Flight » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:08 am

~~Two particular mysterious deaths catch the attention of the gossips. The first was a young girl, one of two twins, child of one of the few remaining merchants of some sucess. Found brutally killed in an alley near her school.

The second was of a local bar tender, found dead in his own home. Poisoned. A bloody dagger lying discarded in the same room, likely murder weapon of the merchants daughter.

Rumours of insanity and suicide were popular. The strange thing was, everyone who spoke of the deceased man told a story of sonmeone stable, grounded with no reason to have done this.

Very confusing...~~
Those who see my face, seldom live to remember

Plot Bot

Re: Death in the City

Postby Plot Bot » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:27 pm

Dressed in black with the crimson and silver shield of the Telerfret emblasoned across their chests, the investigators arrive and secure both the inn and the barman's home.

"How old was the victim?"
"Six, sir"
"And she was taken from the school?"
"Just after school finished, no one saw her leave. She was found in an alley nearby."
"I see. Her father, quite a successful businessman I believe? Certainly wealthy. Any previous history?"
"Nothing illegal. Connections to lots of wealthy and powerful individuals and groups though."
"Anyone likely to bare a grudge?"
"Almost certainly, but no one is willing to talk after this incident."
"No, I wouldn't expect them to. What of the barman?"
"Some petty crime in his youth and a couple of the barmaids claims he occasionally got a little...hands on...with them."
"But no sign of that on the victim?"
"No sir."
"Any connection with the spate of deaths in the southern part of the city?"
"They were all young, relatively healthy and were found with no wounds, bruising or magical residue."
"Poison?"
"Perhaps sir. We are comparing the bodies with that of the barman to see if the poison used was the same."
"What was the poison?"
"The barman definitely had soul poison in his system, a highly concentrated dose...enough to kill most people within the hour but the barman was pretty hardy and it may have taken him several hours. However, he may have had another poison in his system as well. We have the bottle that was found in his hand and we're hoping the contents can be identified and possibly even the glass traced."
"Good work, Sergeant."
"One more thing, sir."
"Yes?"
"We have a witness that says he saw a young man in the bar on the day in question. He says he heard the man make a bet with the bartender..." he flips through his notepad "I bet I can chug this whole thing before you can do the half of yours, 50 rava!"
"I see, any description of this young man?"
"I'm afraid not sir."
"Did the young man win?"
"According to the witness, not even close and we found a R50 note in the till."
"A lot of money to be throwing around...I wonder...could it have been a code? Could 'do the half of yours' have referred to killing one of a pair of twins and the 50 rava have been the payment?"
"Could be, sir."
"Once the analysis is complete, have a seer sent to me...we'll see what we can find out."

Littleben

Postby Littleben » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:13 am

After a long day working, Fernando Thistle take a break and heads to the Inn for a drink before going to bed. He sees the investigators guarding the place and he walks up to them to ask what all the commotion is about. After hearing that the barmen is dead his cheerfullness of going to get a drink to a stunned, jaw dropped, frown. He asks "Dead? But how, by whom?"

** Fernando Thistle **
As long as I can't lose, I've already won.

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:26 am

One of the investigators turns to Thistle and eyes him up and down before speaking.

"Hello sir. It would appear that the barman took his own life after committing the murder of a young girl. Investigations are continuing."

Littleben

Postby Littleben » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:44 am

Fernando is even more puzzled now, as he gives a similar description to what others have told - a stable, cheerful and generally nice guy. He lowers his heard to mourn for the barmen's death and the young girl. He manages to utters out, "What a tragedy."

Fern waits around for about 10 minutes before he heads off to leave back to his home.

** Fernando Thistle **
As long as I can't lose, I've already won.

Return to “Sinya Palurin - Ingolé”