Investigation: Alchemists

For In Character events within the human lands of Sinya Palurin

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Littleben

Investigation: Alchemists

Postby Littleben » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:38 pm

Plot Bot wrote:**Two men dressed in black with red and silver shields on their chests enter, one takes a look around while the other speaks with Fernando**

"I assume you are the proprietor? We would like you to identify this for us. Carefully."

**He extracts a bottle from a leather pouch and hands it to the man, there is a very small amount of liquid still present within it**

"Good day sirs, wait, didn't I see you at the inn? Has this got something to do with it?" Fern is shocked, and a little bit honoured, that these men came to his little shack of an Alchemy shop to ask for help. He looks towards the man talking to him and says "I'll give it my highest priority and get on it right away!"
He notices the other man looking around and politely says, "Please be careful with anything you examine, it's all very delicate and quite valuable, in terms of my research that is."
As long as I can't lose, I've already won.

Plot Bot

Re: Investigation: Alchemists

Postby Plot Bot » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:13 pm

**The first man nods and gestures to the bottle**

"Yes. Mr Thistle I presume? This was found near the body of the murderer. I don't suppose you use containers like this? Or know anyone who does?"

**The second man turns**

"We are always careful, sir. May I ask what is that research sir, if you don't mind the question of course?

Littleben

Postby Littleben » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:46 pm

Fernando examines the bottle for a moment and then goes to compare it with one of his own. He lifts up both at eye level for the investigators to see. "As you can see this is a similar bottle to mine however slightly larger and with a slightly different style on the lid. Doesn't look like anything I've seen in these parts. It almost looks elven but it's hard to be sure." He turns to the second man. "I'm sure you are careful, sir, just a precaution. And not at all,I'm quite glad you asked actually," He says proudly, "I'm researching for an assignment at the university: A link between a being and their bane. You can check up at the university if you wish."

"As for the contents of this bottle, it will take me about 30 minutes to test the liquid."

**Fernando Thistle**

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:23 pm

"Thank you sir, we will speak with the other alchemists still trading in the city to see if they have seen something similar. To many, a bottle is just a bottle, but the working of glass is a skilled profession and we believe somebody may be able to assist. We will remain while you perform your tests."

**The man who is scanning the shelves turns**

"By the way sir, do you make poisons? I assume a 'bane' is some form of specific poison?"

Littleben

Postby Littleben » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:39 pm

As Fern starts his testings on the liquid, adding small samples to different test tubes and reacting it with different substances, he replies to the question, "Well I was starting to develop some poisons but I intended it only for the armies of Ingolé to use on weapons or for adventurers against hostile enemies such as undead. I have no intention in using them as a murder tool - that is just.. dishonourable to say the least."

He continues, "As for my 'bane' research I was attempting to make potions that make you more vunerable to certain attacks, not as a 'poison' so to speak."

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:58 pm

"There is an 'honourable' way to murder people? Have you sold any to anyone recently? Can I ask how you would intend to get someone to imbibe such a bane potion?"

Littleben

Postby Littleben » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:06 am

"No there is not, which is why I would never use my poisons for murder. Only killing in combat. And no, I have not sold any to anyone recently, I've only started experimenting with new potions recently. That doesn't factor out, however, that someone could've broken in. I mean, it's not top security as you can see before you." He exclaims as he points out the half rotting wood, door on almost borken hinges and murky, brittle windows. He then adds, "As for getting the bane potion into someone, that I have not yet worked out. I'm hoping I will be able to apply it to a blade of some sort, but that seems unlikely. Whatever the outcome I'm sure the univeristy will be pleased with my research."

Fern then checks upon the results of his tests and regrets to inform the investigators, "I'm sorry, sirs, but this is nothing more than soul poison, which I understand can be quite common amongst heroes? It could've, realisticly, come from anywhere and adminstered by anyone." Before then adding, "However, I didn't notice a reasonable large concerntration. Whoever did give it to the barmen wanted him down pretty quick."

"Is there anything else I could for you? Any more questions?"

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:24 am

**The man observes the rotting wood and nods**

"Your business is relatively new isn't it, sir? It is rare to find a poor alchemist. I would suggest that you invest in better security both for your own protection and that of others if you are dealing with harmful substances. What were you doing before you set up as an alchemist?"

**The other takes the bottle back from the alchemist**

"One other question, you mention that someone could have broken in, is anything missing?

Littleben

Postby Littleben » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:19 pm

He bows his head in shame, "Yes I know, not very good is it? I use to be a farmer outside the city but with the gloom invasion I had to move into the city. I did some very low level alchemy with plants and herbs I had on the farm but I really liked it and picked it up when I came here. I found some books on it and read all I could. It's fascinating really! As for the security, I was hoping I would get recognition for doing this with the authorities and they would help me somehow. A man can dream, eh?"
"As for anything that could be missing, I wouldn't know as I don't particularly take stock checks and I'm constantly misplacing things. As far as I can tell my main potions are all still here."

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:03 pm

**The men that Fernando before leaving.

A couple of days later he receives a written invitation from the head of the Telerfret Inquisition to visit him to discuss recognition by the authorities and that directions would be forthcoming the next day if he was amenable to the idea.**

Littleben

Postby Littleben » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:56 pm

Fern is shocked after reading the letter he received and with a big smile on his face, immediately plans to go. He waits in antipaction for the next day.

Return to “Sinya Palurin - Ingolé”