Badkit

For In Character events within the human lands of Sinya Palurin

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Luke

Badkit

Postby Luke » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:05 pm

The small outlying down was well sign posted. The little man had been right, everyone he had asked mentioned Kerrigan and due that that heroes infamy the village had not been hard to find.

Warryn took a deep breath before stepping out of the dome, sword drawn and shield on his arm now. The glooms passive clawing at his soul would not effect him but their forms certainly could and so he decided that caution and evasion was probably the best route to take.

He walked down the road leading from Ingolé, a shining jewel of magic and life set inside a baron and desolate wasteland. He was not certain but it seemed as though even the trees and grass had felt the glooms drain, their roots losing the will to dig deep for water and instead dying from starvation. It gave the landscape an almost sepia look... a land not yet dead, but refusing to live.

It made him sad to think that Velmaneth had been like this, and he wished he was back on Brockman Isle worrying only about the future and not the present. No wonder Gerethenax was weakened in comparison to his brother, the ground itself seemed to want to retreat back into the jewel... perhaps that was why his Lord had shown him no visions or direction recently, maybe he was busy convincing it to remain, in hopes that the heroes could set things to right.

Warryn silently cursed his brother, Kazrazil, it was his patron that had caused all this trouble, and Kaz had seemed to show no remorse.

He almost missed his destination, lost in his thoughts, when he felt the shape of the buildings through the ground. They remained in perfect stasis, the brick and mortar, the thatched roofs, completely untouched by the glooms. He knew, however, that it would be a different story for the villagers.

The Diamond Elf hurried as fast as his heavy legs could carry him to the small house which he knew was the humans. He calmed himself then, allowing all emotion to leave his body and opened the door. The stench was crippling.

Two children lay on the floor dead, one with a pale face. Its soul dragged kicking and screaming from its body. The other sat upright in a pool of its own blood, throat slit in a manner which made it's head fall forward making it impossible to tell the gender.

The father was on the floor by the fireplace, an axe for chopping wood nearby. He had fought the glooms and died as his axe sailed harmlessly through the glooms incorporeal forms.

But by far the most disturbing... or not in the case of Warryn, was the mother. She was sat down, calmly in the chair. In her right hand was a jagged knife probably used for cutting bread - serated and not without rust. Her left wrist was carved open and blood covered the table, now congealed into a think sticky mess. She had murdered her own child out of despair. Then turned the blade on herself. The father had arrived later and fought the glooms in his upset and rage.

Warryn calmly uttered a short prayer, letting earth magic strengthen his limbs, he would have to be quick before the glooms realised he was nearby. He heaved the bodies over his shoulder, taking care to be respectful and to not cover himself in blood - he would no have time to wash before returning and an elf covered head to toe in blood was not a welcome sight in Ingolé.

Once outside he found a patch of suitable ground, grabbing a shovel from the farmhouse nearby. He could have ritually buried the bodies but there was a element of ease in magic which did not show respect to the fallen, and so he began digging, apologising to the earth as he did for rudely waking it.

four little graves for the 4 little humans. He lay them down and shovelled earth on top of them. Drawing a symbol of Gerethenax in the top soil praying that their bodies be claimed by the earth and not reawakaned and enthralled into the clutches of a necromancer.

He had decided he would not tell the little human about the circumstances of his family's death, unless directly asked, for he would not lie either.

With that he marched back to Ingolé. Promising that Velnashar would be stopped and Velmaneth returned to its earthen glory.
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Plot Bot

Re: Badkit

Postby Plot Bot » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:28 pm

**On his way back to Ingolé, something seemed out of place. On the breeze, the Elf could smell burning and distant noises...were they voices? All coming from the east. Through the inky blackness of the glooms who surrounded him he couldn't make out much detail except the flickering orange glow of fire perhaps half a mile away. Reaching out with his earthen senses, he could tell it was another village and through the tremors in the earth he could tell there were dozens of people moving around there. What seemed particularly strange was that in just a minute or so the number of individuals moving around seemed to double.**

Luke

Postby Luke » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:50 pm

Warryn paused... it was odd. He suspected it was a necromancer of some sort. Bodies would be abundant and it would explain how the creatures would double in number... and also how the glooms would not have destroyed them instantly. However to raise that many dead would be difficult... after all they could just be normal survivors making a run for the sanctuary of the city.

He slowly - as that was what his body would allow - made his way towards the orangle glow. Being careful to cover his skin beneath a hood and cloak so as not to alert any unwanted attention. He kept chanting, getting ready to meld with the Earth, or to disguise himself as a rock or tree. There was no honour in fighting a losing battle.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:33 pm

The village sat at the top of a small hill that was nevertheless the highest point for several miles. As he reached the top, he could see a dozen figures clad in black and gold, perhaps two score heavily armed and armoured skeletal figures worked around them, searching buildings and bringing bodies to their masters along with a variety of other items. Anything that could be used as a weapon was placed on one pile, any other metal was placed in another, a much smaller pile held random small items of interest and finally foodstuffs were thrown on to a great pyre in the centre.

As the hope slayers raised the corpses that were brought to them, they sent out their latest creations to systematically destroy the village they had called home in life: burning or demolishing buildings, killing the somewhat feral animals that had survived the glooms by dint of not having souls then survived the last few months by eating much of what had been growing, or had been stored, or even in some cases their former masters. The scent of the ocean caught Warryn’s nose and he realised they were sowing the ground with salt, poisoning it so that nothing could grow again.

Atop the hill, the view caught his eye and he realised that now he was above the majority of the glooms he could see the ruins of the Larkant city to the east and behind it the Ordo mountains. To the south he could make out the line of the Erda Ridge forming the boundary between Sinya Palurin and Noore I’Meles and to the south east he could see the eerie pink glow that still surrounded the city of Sanga and beyond that the mountains that formed the edge of the Heartlands. Looking across Sinya Palurin he could make out dozens of orange dots in the darkness and the plumes of grey smoke that rose from them and along with these fires, moving with purpose across the country were hundreds of creatures…no hundreds of groups of creatures, similar in size to the group at this village, perhaps larger, moving unhindered through the glooms.

Luke

Postby Luke » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:47 pm

Warryn stood, staring in horror at the sight. He was confident in his abilities but there were far too many for him to deal with alone. He wished he had his Earthen Guard with him. He spent some time memorising the landscape and then retraced his steps speeding his way to Ingolé. He had an idea... though it wasn't very sophisticated.

Upon reaching the dome he yelled Ibrithils name, the high elf teleported almost instantly to his side.
There is a large group of undead out in the gloomland. It's getting bigger. Tell Erathil now that I must stay and do something. They are destroying the land.

Ibrithil nodded, with a look of concern for his master, and then disappeared in the direction of the nearest ritual house.

Warryn then marched back into the centre of Ingolé. Yelling -
LOPH! AQUILLA! QUAYLE! ANY HERO I CALL YOU NOW!

He grabbed a surprised guard making sure not to hurt him and demanded that his superiors be told of the situation. The guard scurried away and he hoped that at the very least the inquisitors, if not the Haran would be informed.

He then sent a small boy to run to the university or to find Kel and do the same.

Then Warryn waited, hoping someone or anyone would reply.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:53 pm

**Quayle stepped from the house at the shouting, he was wrapped up in furs but his face was flushed and there was snow on his cloak and trapped in his hair.**

"Warryn? What's going on?"

**Quayle**
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Luke

Postby Luke » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:02 pm

Lord Quayle. It's been a while.

The first time they had met Quayle had literally stabbed Warryn in the back... he hoped that sentiment had changed.

I went to the gloomland today to bury a family as a favour to a peasant here. On my way back I saw a group of undead ransacking a village, raising the dead bodies and sewing the land with salt. There were hundreds of groups like it Quayle. It makes my skin itch. I can feel Gerethenax weakened by such measures and it makes me angry.

Warryn was visibly disturbed, he was good at remaining emotionless and not caring, but certain things brought out his wrathful side.

No doubt they will move on. But we HAVE to do something now. Even if it's one village saved, one field defended, one person laid to rest. I am resilient against the glooms, others aren't. I am leaving to go destroy those undead. Alone if I have to. I saw Aquilla today. There are heroes in this city, this is what we are here for.

There was a pleading tone to his voice. He knew he was being foolish, and not a little reckless. But his blood was stirred now.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:15 pm

A voice comes out of the darkness

Losing your life to save a village does no good, Paladin of Gerethanax. Acting in haste will not help this world. Get a group and go as one unit, your chances would be much better. Killing a gloom isn't difficult but they are infinite...

Stepping forward, the hooded figure looked Warryn in the eyes

Personally, I prefered the part about killing Velnashar and his followers
............................................................................Image

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:21 pm

**Quayle unslings his cloak and removes the furs, the red hue of his face has been replaced with ashen grey**

"It's been a long time, I wish it were in better circumstances.

We should have expected something like this. There must be tens of thousands of dead out there and the hopeslayers can claim them with no possible resistance because most of those who would try are trapped in these domes.

See what support we can drum together then we need to find D'arvan, he is surrounded by a dome of protection that moves with him."

Quayle

Tome of Magic 6.0

Luke

Postby Luke » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:23 pm

Who are you?

Warryn said squaring up to the new figure.

A group is my idea also. But we must be quick. I don't know you but if you have power, means and want to help I would welcome you.

The diamond elf was suspicious... but also desperate and right now the former paled to the latter.

Then Quayles words sunk in.

You are right, Da'arvan, he is with my Brother at the moment. Do you have a way of contacting him quickly?
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:05 pm

If you, mighty Paladin of Gerethanax, will swear to try your up most to keep me safe then I will aid you

Turning to Quayle

Who is this D'arven of which you speak? I know of most "heroes" but his name is not known to me
............................................................................Image

Luke

Postby Luke » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:13 pm

I can't protect someone if they don't have a name... well I can, but on principle I don't. You know a lot about me, I know nothing of you, but I will do my best so long as you do not harm the earth. I am sure you are aware of my values.

That was three, including himself.
D'arvan is a sort of emmisary to Erathil. He is a powerful sorceror and we need him here.

Warryn hated waiting and he realised for the first time why people were so anxious when he moved so slowly.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:21 pm

He ponders for a moment

Only ever met one Sorceror, a High Elf. Used a shield. He was most odd. Quite competent though

The hooded figure nods

I am Ashout. I gather information about all manor of things and people. A pleasure to meet you

The figure extends a gloved hand

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:24 pm

"Weyoun perhaps? I will be back"

**Quayle re-enters the building**

Tome of Magic 6.0

Hatsuo1980

Postby Hatsuo1980 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:25 pm

That was him

Return to “Sinya Palurin - Ingolé”