Badkit

For In Character events within the human lands of Sinya Palurin

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Luke

Re: Badkit

Postby Luke » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:24 pm

Warryn smiled at Quayle

Looks like we do.

As he finished his sentence they were upon them. The first undead lunged forward carrying a pick used to upchurn the earth. Warryn raised his shield and slammed it into the creatures head braining it. He slashed at the second with his sword, punishing it for coming too close. One of the undead attacked from the side catching the elf unawares, it's rusted weapon flew forward and seemed it would hit it's mark but instead smashed into a wall of sand which materialised almost instantly. The undead fell back as it was struck with earth magic from the Onyx Shield.

Two more fell to shield and sword, but they were many and it was impossible to block every attack. Twice Onyx had protected Warryn with magical defences but then had to concentrate on conserving energy. It then fell to Warryn's more crude defences; armour and flesh.

Power of Earth, I summon to this fight, strength of limbs and arms of MIGHT.

He repeated the spell for Quayle standing next to him.

He could not have been sooner, one undead rushed the elf grabbing him in a deathly embrace and began to bite at his neck and arms. Warryn struggled but got purchase on it's arm and threw it ten foot into another undead sending them skittering to the ground. No sooner than he caught his breath and looked up ten more were approaching.
Warryn Coshwood - Diamond Elf Paladin of Gerethenax
Ten Tigers - Serkanian Furious Blade
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Dom

Postby Dom » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:53 pm

The cloud above the hill top ripples and fades losing all shine and colour till it is a blot in the sky. There is a rush of shadow and death magic. Three of the undead rushing towards Warren and Quyale suddenly stop in their tracks, turn 180 degrees and head back to the main pack. As they reach the undead frontline they begin laying into them with sudden ferocity.
"I genuinely have never enjoyed an event so much" Ben 08/09
"Never enough dead players" Will 2011
"Cutting off people's faces is Sick!" Malven aka Flash 2011
http://www.jitsu.me/Home.html

Phil.Priest

Postby Phil.Priest » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:40 pm

Before the group moves on the High Elf smirks a little...

Well I guess that proves that Sylas does have Ingolé monitored and that he was trying to prove a point.

Once the group has moved from the town to the place Warryn is wanting to cleanse Darvan begins casting, some spells noticably improve his defence, others imbue his blade.

The weapons of thise nearby become enchanted with life magic [Bless Weapon] and the elite group begin to hack into the undead as if it were an every day occurence.

During the fight a particularly haunting spectre appears to move toward them, the elf calls on a small blessing of Onlurin and then begins a spell almost before he knows the creatures weaknesses. Soon after a mass of magic explodes on the incorporeal being blasting and striking, bolting and darting the thing. It didn't matter if it was resistant to most magics, his was Rift and nothing known as mortal on Velmaneth was immune to such.
Kalist, Hope-Bringer, The Emissary of Hope
Lazar, God of Darkness
D'arvan Weyoun of House Aerielys
"Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do"

Luke

Postby Luke » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:40 pm

Taking a mental note not to upset D'arvan anytime soon Warryn thrust his sword through the head of a nearby undead, then yelling over the cocophany of battle

Lord D'arvan, I want to cleanse this hilltop, return it to what it was before these creatures arrived. I know I can't do this for every hilltop, and I know that they will likely come and undo my work. But this is close to me, it is a token to show that I will undo the damage to Velmaneth one handful at a time. I can open the earth ritual, and will provide the essence needed... but I am not a speaker like you...

He was cut off as one of the larger and stronger undead swung his axe down on top of his head. It made full contact with his temple but instead of cleaving his head into two it sparked and glanced off his diamond skin. Leaving only a shallow cut. The axe finished it's arc and embedded itself in the dirt... that seemed to hurt Warryn more...

He held up Onyx and with all his might slammed into the creature with the strength of seven men, the stone shield launched the creature back, but only staggered it.
This may start to get difficult...
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Plot Bot

Postby Plot Bot » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:19 am

**From behind their wall of undead, the Hopeslayers cast spell after spell: blindness, disintegrate, mute, dominate, despair, shadow bolts and strikes and many others. One kept chanting the incantation to Repel the Living, another face was affected by Terror in order to cause fear in anyone who looked upon him. Storms of shadow magic lashed at the village, tearing into undead and living alike although the Hopeslayers and half of the undead guardians seemed unphased as if immune to the magic.

The creature D'arvan destroyed was a banshee and in its dying moments it let out a deafening scream that must have echoed across Sinya Palurin all the way to the mountains, not a scream of pain or anguish but to alert the other forces of the attack. Across the country, groups of Hopeslayers and their creations began to move towards the village.

One of the Hopeslayers used the distraction to cast Void at D'arvan, another cast Death Toll at Warryn and a third began chanting the ancient words of power for Mass Agony.**

Edd

Postby Edd » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:22 pm

*A bolt of lightning is flung towards the chanter's chest (Storm Strike). This is promptly followed by three more. The source is floating above the group, a bow made entirely of lightning in his hands. Aquilla fires two more shots at the caster, before floating to the ground, the bow disappearing.*

"Sorry I'm late, Warryn, the hearsay throughout Ingolé only just reached me. I couldn't resist coming and helping out."

*He grins as he draws his swords, and starts to spin and whirl between the undead, his lightning blades slicing out at all around him.*

**Aquilla**
Razorwind - Paladin of Quaos
Doki Rinsei - Sword of Life and Fire
Caspian 'Fledgling' Coshwood - Psycomancer, Erathil's Prodigy
Scorch - Efreeti Null Mage

Luke

Postby Luke » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:50 pm

The Diamond Elf was so transfixed in horror of the twirling blades of lightning he almost didn't notice the screaming death magic careening towards him.

As it was the pulsing ball of dark magic smashed into the front of his shield and dissipated, it's tolling death bell ushered into silence.

He could feel through the earth more and more creatures headed towards them.

More are coming... I had hoped to at least clear and cleanse this village... but I dont want to put anyone in danger...
we wondered if that was a lie, those blades of air magic messed with his logic and stirred a deep mistrust within him.

I'm not sure we will win this. D'arvan, Quayle, thoughts?

He stated it very 'matter-of-fact', not a hint of panic or worry in his voice.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Phil.Priest

Postby Phil.Priest » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:25 am

The Elf looks a little chargrined and angry at the banshee wail and turns toward Warryn

Well that puts us in a bad place, the whole army of the Soulless we cannot face. As much as we do have to remove these from Valmaneth, we can't do that if we end up joining them.

before he can do much else the wave of shadow magic washes over him...

...unaffected by the shadow magic he turns toward the source of it and quickly responds.
[Blast], [blast], [implode].

We should leave before the Soulless commanders send back-up. At least in future we know to go for that creature I destroyed quickly, after finding a way to silence it.

Darvan waits for input from the others, whilst watching the Hopeslayers and the undead. Undoubtedly one or two of the Hopeslayers would be dead within minutes.
Lazar, God of Darkness

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:19 pm

**D'arvan's attacker drops like a stone at the barrage of magic but the rest remain, healing themselves with Death magic whilst throwing out a variety of death, shadow and metamagic spells.

Realising that at least a few of the guardian undead were immune to magic, Quayle sheaths his usual swords, switching to a single long blade of Serkanian style. Gathering all his strength he began to slash and strike at the undead, concentrating on doing as much damage as possible rather than avoiding the incoming blows. Occasionally he would heal himself or repair his armour before beginning again.

"I think the only people in danger here Warryn are these undead and their masters. We have the High Mage of the Elven court, the Paladin of the Lord of Earth, Prince of the Storm Elves...I say we finish these and then we get out of here."

**As he turned back to the fight, he was surprised to see the undead part slightly to allow one of the Hope Slayers through. Quayle's questioning look quickly turned into a smile and he allowed his essence to flow through his body, summoning it into his arms for one mighty blow. The sword span around his head in an arc of metallic death, the blade screamed as it cut the air. The blade was already a deadly weapon, not magical but sharper than almost any other weapon on Velmaneth but powered by strength, fury and the innate power of the hero, there was enough force to cut through plate with enough left over to sever a man's head from his body. The Hopeslayer wasn't wearing armour and as he struck the man's crown, Quayle felt the resistance of cutting through bone, muscle and tissue and watched the blade cut the man's head in two leaving behind a bloody red line across the man's face from left temple to right cheek.

The man seemed to mouth something as Quayle readied for the next blow, expecting the man's head to fall into two as he collapsed to the floor. What was he trying to say? Quayle couldn't tell but was surprised to see tentacles of bronze remove the wound from the man's head and then his ears caught up with what he was seeing and he realised what the hopeslayer had said as he struck him. Two words: Cheat. Death.

Pain exploded through his head and he collapsed, blacking out as he fell, the right side of his face removed in a bloody explosion as the magic took its toll. It wasn't enough to kill him, but it was close.**
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Luke

Postby Luke » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:45 pm

The Diamond Elf watched the turn of events, but as he channelled the earth it seemed to take his emotions in return. He saw Quayle stagger and fall under the weight of his own blow and simply moved to stand between the hero and his enemies.

The hopeslayer snarled and laughed but was interrupted by a stone shield promptly bloodying his nose. He was deft enough however to avoid the following swing from Warryn's sword. It was a foolish and obvious move, rewarded with a knife being thrust into the Diamond Elf's side, rupturing armour but only slightly wounding his flesh. Still the pain was real.

Warryn staggered back, replanting his feet and allowed his magic to heal him. As the dead continued their onslaught he stood dutifully by Quayle, his focus on blocking and parrying even if it meant with his skin, whilst the other heroes dealt with the offensive part of the combat. It was a trick he had learned many years ago on the colourful isle. However against such numbers his strength was sapped and weariness sunk into his arms and legs. His vision began to lose periphery and gained that strange focus.

All he needed was space. Space to open a ritual, cleanse the Earth and smash these undead.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Luke

Postby Luke » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:55 pm

Warryn's Shield answered his call, the elf looked up at his comrades and hoped they would forgive him.

Sorry. Take cover.

A minor tremor shook the soil beneath them, and then silence...

One of the undead seemed to turn his head inquisitvely, then grinned a wicked smile and continued it's shamble forward.

Another light tremor shook the ground. The undead stopped, slightly unsure of itself, as it lifted it's mangled foot to come within blades reach of it's prey it was violently thrown to the ground. The earth churned and rumbled. Rocks, soil and salt alike were thrown into the air as the ground itself unleashed its vengeance on undead and ally alike.

A loud crunching noise was heard as clay and granite grinded across each other deep below Velmaneths surface. The earthquake continued, throwing the undead to the ground and smashing into them with stone and rock. The assualt did not cease and the Onyxian shield gathered its remaining power into a final assualt crushing and breaking the bones of its enemies with magic, while sinking Warryns allies into the ground, rooting them on the spot.

All the while Warryn stood, his feet encased in earth yelling as loud as he could in his monotonous voice.

Lord Gerethenax, God of Earth, witness my actions here. By strength of stone, rock and mountain tall I summon powers of the stubborn magics. Crimes against you have been commited here and for that our enemies have been crushed. Though many more battles are to be fought may this one end here. I open a ritual circle so that we may speak directly!

As the earthquake ended and the undead were hurled from the tip of the hilltop the ground rose up and barred their way. It formed a circle around Warryn; a fortress on the hill.

I have offered my power, and I have offered this battle to the glory of Gerethenax. As we have undone the work of the Hopeslayers by slaying their minions, I would undo the work of the undead. They have poisoned this land, land rightfully fecund. They are violators.

I am your voice, and I am your instrument. Make this your haven, and your bastion. I call the salt, itself a part of the earth, into my hands. So that life may grow and the earth flourish. I do this as a token, not as a tactic. I am but one elf, but while I breathe I will defend Velmaneth and put the soil to rights.

He seemed satisfied with his explanation.
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Phil.Priest

Postby Phil.Priest » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:27 am

Darvan moves to Quayles aid, his magic flinging the walking dead away from the human. Ensuring that the injured man is still breathing he heals the injury and glances toward their other companions...

I believe that it is time to leave and regroup within Ingolé. If needs be we can continue the assault from there.

As the elf motions for the others to join him so they can leave he hears Warryn's almost bored tone reach out calling for his God and sighs... his timing was terrible.

The moment he finishes and closes that circle we are leaving. If Ashout cannot reach us he will meet us back in Ingolé and Aquilla got here by himself, so can get out again. Do you have enough power to teleport us out? If so can use mine to place some walls around us... that might slow them down somewhat!
Lazar, God of Darkness

Luke

Postby Luke » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:00 pm

The circle closed and Warryn hoped what he had done was enough. D'arvan spoke sense, and he had fufilled his duty. Dying for the sake of a hill would damn his God more than it would strengthen him.

He looked at his allies, and smiled... they all had individual motives, of that he was sure, but he was glad they respected him enough to come to his aid. He would, after all, do exactly the same for them.

High Emmisary, you go and start teleporting, or just run. Onyx is sleepy, but I should have enough power left to slow them down or hold them off. I'm slower than you...
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Phil.Priest

Postby Phil.Priest » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:52 am

Darvan quickly grabs Quayle as Warryn moves toward them and begins incanting. The unlikely group vanish from the battlefield.

[ooc: Giving Warryn the chance to teleport with us, if not then just the two (Darvan and Quayle) leave]
Lazar, God of Darkness

Luke

Postby Luke » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:13 pm

[ooc: I'll come with you if you can wait for me to walk to you]
Ishan-bey - Kor Sorcerer

Return to “Sinya Palurin - Ingolé”