Training the Cadre

For In Character events within the human lands of Sinya Palurin

Moderators: Ref, Senior Refs

Dellam

Training the Cadre

Postby Dellam » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:11 am

Recent times had been hard for everyone, moreso with the knowledge that the Souless were on the move with these so-called Quarin at the head and with such events Dellam had seen to it that idleness was not to be the order of the day should they come calling at the Ingolé dome. At first he had considered rounding up what was left of the militia and trying to get them moving but with Inglebert in a state, Uthred absent and few of the command structure remaining that would be difficult...so he'd taken up another plan. Since his return from death as a Chosen of Mamazumo he'd spent alot of time getting to know the Larkant people who had survived to reach the dome and with a fair approximation of their skill sets and which ones were or could make capable warriors, he chose just 4 of them to form a small but solid core of a fighting force which he poured all his time into training. He stood watching them now from the sidelines with arms folded over his chest, having set them up in a small dirt fighting ring in something of a free for all with wooden practice weapons. The combat taking place was intense, near savage but he had given them his skill sets as best he could and fighting like this would at least give them a feel for how hectic things would likely get. He even considered moving them up to real weapons, once he'd found a healer who could stand by for when they started opening each other up. He wondered, as he took in the scene, if the Lady of Blood would approve of this...he could only imagine she would. When they enemy came calling he would see to it that his own would make them pay for every inch of ground and in turn, so would the ones these would train. A thin smile formed on his lips then as he considered that. He had lost many friends and allys over the years but conflict was never beyond his grasp and in this at least he felt alive. He considered for a moment stripping down to the waist and joining them but for now content himself with watching, letting this play out and see who came out on top. It had been different the last three times he'd set them into it so he was curious who would be next. Yes indeed, he thought, this was exactly where he was supposed to be.
Player of;
Vynrael, the Hound of Asternia
Jaguar, High priest of the Party
Ekrit, Nomad Magic Weapon maker of Yashmanar
Thromlui, Psychomancer, Nightmare made manifest

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Re: Training the Cadre

Postby Ben » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:51 pm

**A short distance away, atop a 20' X intricately scored into the ground, 19 human figures arrive and immediately collapse onto the floor, dead. The X on the floor glows with a pink and silver light as it discharges its power into each. After a minute or so, 19 men are alive and if not 'well' then at least conscious**
"And unconscious people always count as willing"

Tome of Magic 6.0

Sproglet

Postby Sproglet » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:40 am

Uthred groans... every part of him aching...

'Have i ever told you how much I hate magic Drake?'

He then begins trying to struggle to his feet, his vitality returning surprisingly fast.

General Uthred
"You have my mace" "And my hammer" "And my magic"...
"And my pillaging shovel, and my bear arms, and my fork of truth"......
"But not my kidney hat, it's made of real kidneys"

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:31 am

**Drake continues to lie on the floor looking up at the sky**

"Several times. Welcome to the club of people who've died and come back."

Drake

Tome of Magic 6.0

Sproglet

Postby Sproglet » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:21 pm

Uthred tries to move around but collapses in his arse...

'On second thoughts I think I will stay here awhile.'

He then scowls at Drake.

'Great, always wanted to be part of that group obviously, it's left you all so well adjusted an stable...'

He then looks around, taking in his surroundings.

'So this is Ingolé, home of the Telefret... What a shit hole'

General Uthred

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:40 pm

**Drake sits up slowly and looks around**

"It didn't used to look so bad...a bit ostentatious but definitely impressive. Now there's some 25,000 people living here, nearly a quarter of the pre-Gloom population of the whole of Sinya Palurin squeezed from over 10,000 square miles into less than ten. The other domes have a maximum of 5000 survivors so the human race has done exceptionally well in comparison but it does mean that it's tight in here."

Drake

Tome of Magic 6.0

Sproglet

Postby Sproglet » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:47 pm

Uthred seems to be considering something, a scowl on his face.

'I guess I should present myself to Sylas, only polite when you are pissing around in someone else's backyard. I don't know much about him. What do you know? Anything I should be wary of?'

General Uthred

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:01 pm

"Not met him personally. Powerful mage, gifted ritualist and takes an active role in the university, I recall seeing him listed as "Emeritus Professor in Shadow and Ritual Studies" so I'm assuming Shadow magic is his general forte. Better than the Emperor but still an unknown quantity compared to Keladry, his predecessor, one to watch certainly. However, on the plus side he's been seen on at least one adventuring party since the Glooms came and has made the city work despite the crisis."

Drake

Tome of Magic 6.0

Sproglet

Postby Sproglet » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:23 pm

Uthred smiles, colour returning to his face as he begins to stand, considerably more steady this time.

'Ok then, let's get a move on then. A world to save and stuff apparently, enough nap time.'

Uthred offers a hand to Drake as the soldiers begin to drag themselves to their feet and a crowd of onlookers gaze at the spectacle looking nervous and cautious.

General Uthred

Ben
More posts than Nikki

Postby Ben » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:12 pm

**Drake stands and follows Uthred towards the Haran's palace**

Tome of Magic 6.0

Return to “Sinya Palurin - Ingolé”